Super Mario Ceremony - 30th Ann. Medley

Garlic Man

Name-change free since 2018
This warrants its own thread.

The best 20 minutes of your day.

Holy shiz! That's awesome. They had everything even a scene from the movie (at the credits). I really think they should put that on the next Smash Bros. game

Wow, that was incredible! It definitely did a good job of covering most of the Mario games. This must have taken a lot of work, and yet it was very well done.

Fine tribute, but I still feel I should ask; did it have to be so painfully bright?

It's hard to believe some of Mario's best games ever came out before I was even born. If you were there and played it when they first unveiled Jumpman the Carpenter in the Donkey Kong Arcade 1981, let's say you were ten years old when you did this. Then you are forty now. If you were there when first they unveiled the Donkey Kong Arcade and you were a twenty-something, then... you are not a young man anymore, let alone a kid playing Mario.

Herr Shyguy said:
Well Mario's not a particularly dark series.
I know, but the flashy, bright lights... it hurt me eyes something awful, it did.

30 years of fighting of gorillas, turtles, mushrooms, man-eating plants, ghosts, dinosaurs, frogs, aliens, evil dopplegangers, inter-dimensional entities, the forces of darkness, and Miyamoto knows what else.

Beautiful. Simply, beautiful. Especially the ending.

Smashgoom202 said:
30 years of fighting of gorillas, turtles, mushrooms, man-eating plants, ghosts, dinosaurs, frogs, aliens, evil dopplegangers, inter-dimensional entities, the forces of darkness, and Miyamoto knows what else.

You mean Kongs, Koopas, Goombas, Piranha Plants, Boos, Rexes, Wart, Shroobs, Dooplis, The minions of Lord Blumiere, the Shadow Queen, and Miyamoto only knows what else.

Meta Knight said:
Dr. Eggman said:
Meta Knight said:
This was great, but it was a little bright.
How was it bright.
Well, it had extremely light colors. I was expecting it to be a little darker.
But still they put in a lot. They forgot Mario vs Donkey Kong and Super Paper Mario.

Marwikedor said:
Smashgoom202 said:

You mean Kongs, Koopas, Goombas, Piranha Plants, Boos, Rexes, Wart, Shroobs, Dooplis, The minions of Lord Blumiere, the Shadow Queen, and Miyamoto only knows what else.
Um, yeah, I know, that's kind of what I was getting at, referring to the enemies Mario's faced, WITHOUT actually using their names. I was actually going to use "God" instead of "Miyamoto", but then I remember, Miyamoto IS God!

What he's saying is that the guy (or girl) who made the video didn't bother to include a special section for Mario vs. Donkey Kong or Super Paper Mario.

Instead there was...

Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Land
Super Mario World
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario USA (Super Mario Bros. 2 in Japan, which was originally Doki Doki Panic)
*a special underground theme transition, from Super Mario Bros.*
Donkey Kong
Mario Bros.
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Dr. Mario
*a special Star/Metal Mario/Wing Cap transition*
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart
Mario Party (from the looks of it, it features 1-8, not sure about the GBA and DS games, though)
Mario Golf (primarily Mario Golf 64 and Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour)
Mario Tennis (primarily Mario Tennis for the N64 and Mario Power Tennis)
Super Mario Sunshine
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Galaxy & Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Mario & Luigi
Paper Mario
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Luigi's Mansion
WarioWare (...for some reason... Only Ashley seems to be really acknowledged. I guess the Japanese really like Ashley)
The Koopalings (using the Airship theme and the Koopaling's New Super Mario Bros. Wii design)
The Smithy Gang plus Smithy himself (the Japanese also love Super Mario RPG)
Bowser Road... (Super Mario 64, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2)
Bowser himself! (using the final battle from Super Mario Galaxy)
Rainbow Road... (I think it's Super Mario Kart or Mario Kart: Super Circuit's version at first, but after that I'm not sure... it SOUND familiar, though)
Credits (Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, and Super Mario Galaxy)

And finally, the Princess Rescued theme, and the game over theme from the original Super Mario Bros. Beautiful

If you notice during the credits, there were quite a few Mario games that weren't seen through the video... INCLUDING Mario vs. Donkey Kong and Super Paper Mario!

Smashgoom202 said:
What he's saying is that the guy (or girl) who made the video didn't bother to include a special section for Mario vs. Donkey Kong or Super Paper Mario.

Instead there was...

Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Land
Super Mario World
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario USA (Super Mario Bros. 2 in Japan, which was originally Doki Doki Panic)
*a special underground theme transition, from Super Mario Bros.*
Donkey Kong
Mario Bros.
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Dr. Mario
*a special Star/Metal Mario/Wing Cap transition*
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart
Mario Party (from the looks of it, it features 1-8, not sure about the GBA and DS games, though)
Mario Golf (primarily Mario Golf 64 and Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour)
Mario Tennis (primarily Mario Tennis for the N64 and Mario Power Tennis)
Super Mario Sunshine
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Galaxy & Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Mario & Luigi
Paper Mario
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Luigi's Mansion
WarioWare (...for some reason... Only Ashley seems to be really acknowledged. I guess the Japanese really like Ashley)
The Koopalings (using the Airship theme and the Koopaling's New Super Mario Bros. Wii design)
The Smithy Gang plus Smithy himself (the Japanese also love Super Mario RPG)
Bowser Road... (Super Mario 64, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2)
Bowser himself! (using the final battle from Super Mario Galaxy)
Rainbow Road... (I think it's Super Mario Kart or Mario Kart: Super Circuit's version at first, but after that I'm not sure... it SOUND familiar, though)
Credits (Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, and Super Mario Galaxy)

And finally, the Princess Rescued theme, and the game over theme from the original Super Mario Bros. Beautiful

If you notice during the credits, there were quite a few Mario games that weren't seen through the video... INCLUDING Mario vs. Donkey Kong and Super Paper Mario!
I wasn't talking about that.

Back