Mario Tennis Open

manasword said:
Lily said:
No more kongs
New Super Yoshi said:
And I also do not want any other Kong's apart from Donkey, Diddy and Dixie. I really don't want to see Candy.

I became aware those answers are too many kongs.
DK, Diddy are enough. maybe possibly Dixie. (Dixie is third character in DK series)
Other Kongs or Any Kremlings in Mario Baseball made sense.
Because, Baseball is 9 characters in team. Total 18 characters in battle.
But still, King K. Rool is possibly on Olympics on Rival character.
Agreement.

Other Kongs belong in Baseball indeed.

DK and Diddy here is enough.

Magikrazy said:
manasword said:
I became aware those answers are too many kongs.
DK, Diddy are enough. maybe possibly Dixie. (Dixie is third character in DK series)
Other Kongs or Any Kremlings in Mario Baseball made sense.
Because, Baseball is 9 characters in team. Total 18 characters in battle.
But still, King K. Rool is possibly on Olympics on Rival character.
Agreement.
DK and Diddy here is enough.
I don't quite understand about the definition of "enough". In reply 822 saying, three DK characters were the most amount in Kart Wii (in total 24) to date, and we might play as different kongs in other games. It really goes to "enough" when there are only 10 players in each Mario game.

The rule is also difficult to tell. If the staff reject, maybe they just remove all of them from spinoffs, or just allow those whom they can use.

I think we discussed it before. But many people believe there is a hierarchy to the Mario characters. Meaning some are more deserving to be playable than others.

Baby Mario > Baby Peach

Dixie Kong > Baby Mario

Waluigi > Metal Mario

Rosalina > Luma

Boo = King Boo

King Boo = Peaty Piranha

Birdo > Toadette

Diddy Kong > Birdo

This is who should get in over who in Limited rosters.

I might give this one a miss, well for now, I have bought enough 3ds games recently and I'm not overly excited for it either.

New Super Yoshi said:
Baby Mario > Baby Peach
Dixie Kong > Baby Mario
Waluigi > Metal Mario
Rosalina > Luma
Boo = King Boo
King Boo = Peaty Piranha
Birdo > Toadette
Diddy Kong > Birdo
Well, it's mixed with some personal tastes. Some fans don't like DK characters with Mario titles while the staff allow it.

Some common rules include alteregos (Dry Bowser, Metal Mario, babies), subseries characters or species. Most rules are generalized. If you want to compare each individual in the same group, no rule is useful. Also individual comparing runs counter to the rule of average appearances.

Lily said:
I might give this one a miss, well for now, I have bought enough 3ds games recently and I'm not overly excited for it either.
I wasn't really excited for this game either, also it maybe because I don't have a 3DS

Dorayaki said:
New Super Yoshi said:
Baby Mario > Baby Peach
Dixie Kong > Baby Mario
Waluigi > Metal Mario
Rosalina > Luma
Boo = King Boo
King Boo = Peaty Piranha
Birdo > Toadette
Diddy Kong > Birdo
Well, it's mixed with some personal tastes. Some fans don't like DK characters with Mario titles while the staff allow it.

Some common rules include alteregos (Dry Bowser, Metal Mario, babies), subseries characters or species. Most rules are generalized. If you want to compare each individual in the same group, no rule is useful. Also individual comparing runs counter to the rule of average appearances.
Dry Bowser is a separate character now.

New Super Yoshi said:
I didn't notice his orbit. Dry Bowser is seperate in 3D Land, and it can explains his appearances in Olympics. However, I wonder if the staff can give better explanation (e.g. Kamek makes a clone for Bowser).

Actually even "seperate", I think that's still one kind of alterego (like babies with adults).

Mijzelffan said:
Some people on this forum have really unhealthy obsessions with Donkey Kong and/or WarioWare characters.
Hey, let's just throw in every character from a different series in a Mario game!

Diddy is fine. Anything beyond that, NO!

This is the Mario series! I only allow Diddy because he's DK's established "little buddy".

Dorayaki said:
New Super Yoshi said:
I didn't notice his orbit. Dry Bowser is seperate in 3D Land, and it can explains his appearances in Olympics. However, I wonder if the staff can give better explanation (e.g. Kamek makes a clone for Bowser).

Actually even "seperate", I think that's still one kind of alterego (like babies with adults).

I seem to think that Bowser had someone from his army create an undead clone of himself. That may pretty well explain how Bowser and Dry Bowser are existing at the same time. However, the mystery regarding how Mario and Metal Mario are existing at the same time, is still quite puzzling.

Magikrazy said:
Hey, let's just throw in every character from a different series in a Mario game!

This is the Mario series! I only allow Diddy because he's DK's established "little buddy".

In Mario Sports or Kart games are pretty much a gathering of characters from the greater Mario universe. The Kong and Ware characters are from the greater Mario universe.

It's like Batman and Superman appearing in comic books together.

The game is confirmed to be fully translated into Dutch. I wonder if it'll get Portuguese and Russian translations again as well.

Koopaul said:
Magikrazy said:

In Mario Sports or Kart games are pretty much a gathering of characters from the greater Mario universe. The Kong and Ware characters are from the greater Mario universe.

So you would approve King K. Rool in the next Mario game since he's in the Marioverse?

Magikrazy said:
Koopaul said:
Magikrazy said:

So you would approve King K. Rool in the next Mario game since he's in the Marioverse?

I know you weren´t directing the question towards me but I´d say HECK YES. Actual characters >>>>>>>alternate versions of existing characters/generics/random nonsense like queen bee.

Koopaul said:
DC Universe seems that their original stories were not meant to be in the same world, but the company merge them in crossover stories, and actually they still don't affect each other in original sequels.
The relevant series to Mario series are due to that they are designed for the existing Mario characters, so these series are extended stories from Mario series.

Easmo said:
Magikrazy said:
I know you weren´t directing the question towards me but I´d say HECK YES. Actual characters >>>>>>>alternate versions of existing characters/generics/random nonsense like queen bee.
Well, both the two are leaders of species and actual characters. King K. Rool can appear as a good power/heavy player, only if he doesn't appear too much. I care more about his last appearance in DK games :-[.

Baby Mario was pretty obvious guess of being in.

Luma looks like he'll play like Boo. Really floaty and quick.

Definitely buying now.

I didn't notice the babies had been neglected appearances for a good while that it's nice to see them back for at least this. And Luma kinda fits in well, like how Boo fits in somehow.

EDIT: Also, if Baby Mario and Bowser Jr. Aren't paired up, then that would mean there's gonna be choose your own partner doubles.

Natsu "Salamander" Dragneel said:
Baby Mario was pretty obvious guess of being in.

Luma looks like he'll play like Boo. Really floaty and quick.

Definitely buying now.

I didn't notice the babies had been neglected appearances for a good while that it's nice to see them back for at least this. And Luma kinda fits in well, like how Boo fits in somehow.

EDIT: Also, if Baby Mario and Bowser Jr. Aren't paired up, then that would mean there's gonna be choose your own partner doubles.
They might not even were looking at partners, because some of them don't make sense.

Also, I'll get it, and be LUMA all the time!

Too bad Shy Guy isn't in it though.

Petey's big head is pretty much why he hasn't been playable since Mario Super Sluggers. It's such a big target for getting smacked by incoming tennis balls.

Back