Mario Tennis Open

i have Seen the second trailer its pretty cool 8)

Gardevoir said:
Lets RIOT!!!! NO BABY WEEGEE AND NO ROSALINA.. I was looking forward for playing as her :mad:
I just will force my neighbor not to get it :D

I really wasn't expecting the latter to happen anyway. There's always the possible Wii U version to think about though.

i scanned the QR Code on my 3DS its a HamBurger Mii!

Baby Luigi said:
Uh, no. Fun fact: there isn't a single game where all of Baby Luigi's sprites/model were a mere palette swap of Baby Mario. Sure, he might have a similar model and build, but he is not a palette swap of Baby Mario. While Luigi in his early titles WAS a palette swap of Mario.

Why do people always confuse "palette swap" with "looking similar"?
There are 8 official babies (excluding Baby DK and Bowser who might be similar with young kongs and Bowser Jr.). Even though we fans can differ them, we still can't deny that they are plumbers and princesses and lack of diversity.

Not all babies can appear at once, just hope the next spinoff is Baby Luigi and Daisy's turn.

I hope power shots return from the GameCube version.

New Super Mario said:
'3K said:
I'm more bummed about the lack of Shy Guy, tbh.
Same. I love Shy Guy. But Baby Mario is good too I guess.

Me too, Shy Guy was one of my best characters in the GameCube version. Then again, I was good with everyone excet Waluigi. Oh yeah, I'm stroking my own ego.

They need to provide Baby Luigi in a QR code. I can't stand the idea of Baby Peach without Baby Luigi

Dorayaki said:
There are 8 official babies (excluding Baby DK and Bowser who might be similar with young kongs and Bowser Jr.).
Bowser Jr. might look a lot like his dad at an early age, but what kong could you confuse Baby D.K. for?

So if Baby Mario ends the roster, I guess I was wrong.

Looks like Baby Mario & Baby Peach are partners, leaving Luma and Dry Bowser.

LUMA
AND
DRY
BOWSER??!

A BABY STAR AND THE KING OF THE DRY BONES? PARTNERS????!!!

Magikrazy said:
Bowser Jr. might look a lot like his dad at an early age, but what kong could you confuse Baby D.K. for?

Looks like Baby Mario & Baby Peach are partners, leaving Luma and Dry Bowser.
A BABY STAR AND THE KING OF THE DRY BONES? PARTNERS????!!!
I meant "young characters" though we don't know how old Diddy and Dixie sisters are (5~10 years?).

That's why we don't have to stress on "partners" this term. If we do, there were many teams seperated in past spinoffs.

Lily said:
No more kongs
New Super Yoshi said:
And I also do not want any other Kong's apart from Donkey, Diddy and Dixie. I really don't want to see Candy.

I became aware those answers are too many kongs.
DK, Diddy are enough. maybe possibly Dixie. (Dixie is third character in DK series)
Other Kongs or Any Kremlings in Mario Baseball made sense.
Because, Baseball is 9 characters in team. Total 18 characters in battle.
But still, King K. Rool is possibly on Olympics on Rival character.

manasword said:
Lily said:
No more kongs
I became aware those answers are too many kongs.
DK, Diddy are enough. maybe possibly Dixie. (Dixie is third character in DK series)
Other Kongs or Any Kremlings in Mario Baseball made sense.

Excluding baseball games, to date Kart Wii have the most subseries characters (4 babies and 3 kongs). Are there any recent game with more than 3 kongs?

New Super Yoshi said:
And I also do not want any other Kong's apart from Donkey, Diddy and Dixie. I really don't want to see Candy.

As other replies, only if the staff do remove all subseries elements and develop subseries-only spinoffs. Other personal tastes are not considerable.

Actually it's weird to make two games with only different playable characters.

Dorayaki said:
Excluding baseball games, to date Kart Wii have the most subseries characters (4 babies and 3 kongs). Are there any recent game with more than 3 kongs?

Mario Super Sluggers had Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Funky Kong and Tiny Kong, and it also had Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Daisy and Baby Donkey Kong, which means 5 Kongs and 5 babies, making your statement false.

I like kongs, but I doubt they'll add anymore in this game

Koopaul said:
I hate the term "Sub series" it makes it sound like those series are below Mario.
It's just used to state that they're related stories, or not indepent series for their history factors. Better calls?

Majin Vegeta said:
Well, at least they didn't ignore Waluigi like MK7

Of course they wouldn't ignore Waluigi. It is Camelot who is developing the game, and it is hard to ignore the fact that they are the development team who loves to endorse their own characters as opposed to the actual Mario characters. While being a Mario character since MT64, Waluigi is still one of their creations, so it is obvious to know that he would be playable and advertised quite well in this game. :toad:

Majin Vegeta said:
Well, at least they didn't ignore Waluigi like MK7
Other main characters from Kart Wii (Birdo, Toadette, Diddy) were not in Kart 7 as well. As the staff stress on newcomers, not all main characters can be in every game. In your comparison, whom you really complain about are Birdo, Toadette and Toad.

Propeller Toad said:
Of course they wouldn't ignore Waluigi. It is Camelot who is developing the game, and it is hard to ignore the fact that they are the development team who loves to endorse their own characters as opposed to the actual Mario characters.
The use of common characters shouldn't be with the subteam, if everyone can participate in different games. Rather than Waluigi, those who are original for Camelot could be club athletes :P.

Koopaul said:
I hate the term "Sub series" it makes it sound like those series are below Mario.
Is "Spin-off" a better term?

So is this all of the characters we have or is this just the starting characters?

Koopaul said:

I also dislike the usage of the word "mainstream" too. It sounds like the spin-offs bear no real importance.

Magikrazy said:
Koopaul said:
Is "Spin-off" a better term?

So is this all of the characters we have or is this just the starting characters?

We don't know exactly yet, except Baby Mario, Luma, and Dry Bowser are unlockable. Not sure about Baby Peach.

But spin-offs don't bear any real importance, generally. Certainly that's not to say that they're bad, but when it comes to what it and isn't in the series, only the events of the main games are concrete. Everything else just an interesting footnote in comparison.

And I say that from the perspective of liking the Mario spin-offs far more than the main games.

Anyway, I'm meh on this game so far. Roster isn't that bad, but the lack of any sort of adventure is disappointing.

Back