Started playing PM:TTYD again

Snowstalker

Snowstalker
First time in a couple years, and I'm liking it. Though I can spot problems (too much time wasted just walking back and forth is the big one--why was the thing with the Twilight Town pipe necessary?), it's overall fun. Got a black Yoshi I named Diablo, fooled around in the Glitz Pit, and right now I'm in Chapter 4, right when I got Vivian (her and Yoshi are my favorites in battle, with Goombella 3rd).

That's good to hear. I beat all the sidequests. It's an awesome game.

I started playing it not too long ago. It's an awesome game. I don't know what I have been missing out on these years I didn't get it

Did anyone try a pre-Hooktail run of the Pit of 100 Trials?

Was it a pre-Hooktail run?

I am about to go on Excess Express which is after Cortez, right?

Yes it is. But you have to do an annoying Peach interlude first. I suggest bringing along some recovery items and have attacks that can hit multiple opponents at once. You'll need them for the Chapter 6 boss.

I always use items against bosses. They help alot. I can use Vivan's fiery jinx or Bobbery's bombs if I can do it right.

Yeah, those 2 attacks will definitley help. Yoshi's Stampede might also work. The shop in the Excess Express sells Thunder Rages, I'd say purchase 3 or 4 and you're good to go.

Nabber said:
You know, I'm not sure PM 4 will be as good as PM:TTYD

Yeah

It will be even better

Baby Luigi said:
Nabber said:

Yeah

It will be even better

We really can't tell from what we have so far. In fact, so far I'm not liking the different art (making the enemies look more like they do in the main series) and the fact that nearly all the worlds are the same as ones from NSMBW, as opposed to the unique ones in past games (even PM deviated a little)

Gummy said:
Baby Luigi said:
Nabber said:

Yeah

It will be even better

We really can't tell from what we have so far. In fact, so far I'm not liking the different art (making the enemies look more like they do in the main series) and the fact that nearly all the worlds are the same as ones from NSMBW, as opposed to the unique ones in past games (even PM deviated a little)
I'm also slightly miffed that the new items appear to be the focus of the game, like the scissors and the fan. Like Grubba said, "You can't trust a hero who's always diggin in his pockets!".

I was never really a big fan of Mario RPGs. The only one that I actually completed was N64's Paper Mario.

For this play through, try focusing mainly on your BP. Paper Mario games are way more satisfying when the primary focus on on your badges. As you start to collect more and more badges, your HP becomes less important. FP is definitely the least important of the three upgrades and should seldom only be boosted.

I thought about playing this today.. I will tomorrow.. My favorite boss is definitely Smorg! I like the battle music too.

Nega-Man said:
MnSG said:
I was never really a big fan of Mario RPGs. The only one that I actually completed was N64's Paper Mario.

I heard by a lot of people that was the best Paper Mario game.

I don't know if it's the best one, but it is certainly good

Nega-Man said:
MnSG said:

I heard by a lot of people that was the best Paper Mario game.

Hmm... I'd definitely consider The Thousand Year Door to be the better one.

PM2 has some nice features and good art, I love it too
my complaints are I don't think the last fight of PM2 is as dramatic as PM1, and the PM1 ending carnival is more fun...

Another reason I enjoyed the original Paper Mario to an extent is because the battles lack the random factors such as buckets falling on you or the stupid fog.

Back