Did you beat Mirror Mode in Donkey Kong Country Returns?

Marwikedor

Marwikedor
Banned User
I did. And man... was it... NOT EASY.

If you did, which level (4K Jagged Jewles of course) did you find the most hardest?

I never unlocked mirror mode.

4K on Mirror Mode made me CRY. So it may be luck that you didn't. To me, beating Mirror Mode is my proudest achievement as a videogamer. I am more proud of that accomplishment than being able to beat NES Contra without using a life.

The only things I have left to beat are the temple stages and 2 of the boss battles.

I unlocked it, tried the first level. Then I was like, "Oh @#*!" and left it alone.

I can't remember as it's been a bit since I've touched the game, but I think I beat it.

Of the around 8-9 levels I've done in Mirror Mode so far, Muncher Madness was the hardest.

The easiest ones were the mine cart levels :smug:

Yoshiwalker said:
Of the around 8-9 levels I've done in Mirror Mode so far, Muncher Madness was the hardest.

And the Rocket Barrow ones.

Dr. Eggman said:
Yoshiwalker said:

And the Rocket Barrow ones.
I would have said that but I don't think I've done any of those in Mirror yet.

But trust me that Muncher Madness was...

maddening.

badumtish.gif

EDIT: Oh wait I just remembered it's actually Muncher Marathon. Pun gone :mad:

I love Mine Cart. And it's pretty easy in Mirror Mode 'cause you always died when you get hit, so reduced lives don't mean anything.

I only have 157% of the game completed. At least the rocket barrel and mine cart levels aren't any harder in Mirror Mode; even in normal mode, taking damage equals losing a life.

Paper Bowser said:
I found Stormy Shore hard in Mirror Mode for some reason and none of the others really stood out.
I'm not saying I don't believe you but if you seriously had no trouble with any level with that one... You could kick Miyamoto's butt everytime.

Paper Bowser said:
Well I don't really get how I don't have trouble with them but I find the perfect run so hard.
How long did it take you to beat the perfect run? I remember struggling with it at first took me tens of lives but now I can beat it 9 out of 10 tries because Im so familiar with it. I wonder how many others have these findings?

Well to be specific it's Bongo Hills that is the hard part for me but I have been trying to beat it for yesrs and I only started trying to beat Perfect Run in febuary I think.

Yes. Thugly's Highrise was the last place I had to go to in Mirror Mode, I recall.

I am far from getting all shiny gold medals in the game's Time Attack mode, though.

Paper Bowser said:
Well to be specific it's Bongo Hills that is the hard part for me but I have been trying to beat it for yesrs and I only started trying to beat Perfect Run in febuary I think.
:???:

you mean you STILL havent beaten it yet? :eek:

Marwikedor said:
Paper Bowser said:
:???:

you mean you STILL havent beaten it yet? :eek:
Nope I wil try again after I have beaten SPM mabye

Back