Did you beat Mirror Mode in Donkey Kong Country Returns?

Marwikedor

Marwikedor
Banned User
I did. And man... was it... NOT EASY.

If you did, which level (4K Jagged Jewles of course) did you find the most hardest?

NSY

Celestial Guide
I never unlocked mirror mode.

Marwikedor

Marwikedor
Banned User
4K on Mirror Mode made me CRY. So it may be luck that you didn't. To me, beating Mirror Mode is my proudest achievement as a videogamer. I am more proud of that accomplishment than being able to beat NES Contra without using a life.

Weasel

Donkey Kong
Retired Forum Mod
The only things I have left to beat are the temple stages and 2 of the boss battles.

Mario Super Sluggers

The Baby Fan

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
I unlocked it, tried the first level. Then I was like, "Oh @#*!" and left it alone.

Leonyx

Glory to the Shroob Empire! Long live the Shroobs!
I can't remember as it's been a bit since I've touched the game, but I think I beat it.

Yoshiwaker

Star Spirit
Of the around 8-9 levels I've done in Mirror Mode so far, Muncher Madness was the hardest.

The easiest ones were the mine cart levels :smug:

NSY

Celestial Guide
Yoshiwalker said:
Of the around 8-9 levels I've done in Mirror Mode so far, Muncher Madness was the hardest.

And the Rocket Barrow ones.

Yoshiwaker

Star Spirit
Dr. Eggman said:
Yoshiwalker said:

And the Rocket Barrow ones.
I would have said that but I don't think I've done any of those in Mirror yet.

But trust me that Muncher Madness was...

maddening.

EDIT: Oh wait I just remembered it's actually Muncher Marathon. Pun gone :mad:

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
I love Mine Cart. And it's pretty easy in Mirror Mode 'cause you always died when you get hit, so reduced lives don't mean anything.

MnSG

Cosmic Beauty
I only have 157% of the game completed. At least the rocket barrel and mine cart levels aren't any harder in Mirror Mode; even in normal mode, taking damage equals losing a life.

Marwikedor

Marwikedor
Banned User
Paper Bowser said:
I found Stormy Shore hard in Mirror Mode for some reason and none of the others really stood out.
I'm not saying I don't believe you but if you seriously had no trouble with any level with that one... You could kick Miyamoto's butt everytime.

Marwikedor

Marwikedor
Banned User
Paper Bowser said:
Well I don't really get how I don't have trouble with them but I find the perfect run so hard.
How long did it take you to beat the perfect run? I remember struggling with it at first took me tens of lives but now I can beat it 9 out of 10 tries because Im so familiar with it. I wonder how many others have these findings?

yoshidude99

Yoshidude is here
Well to be specific it's Bongo Hills that is the hard part for me but I have been trying to beat it for yesrs and I only started trying to beat Perfect Run in febuary I think.

Lario

Seems so long ago.
Yes. Thugly's Highrise was the last place I had to go to in Mirror Mode, I recall.

I am far from getting all shiny gold medals in the game's Time Attack mode, though.

Marwikedor

Marwikedor
Banned User
Paper Bowser said:
Well to be specific it's Bongo Hills that is the hard part for me but I have been trying to beat it for yesrs and I only started trying to beat Perfect Run in febuary I think.
:???:

you mean you STILL havent beaten it yet? :eek:

yoshidude99

Yoshidude is here
Marwikedor said:
Paper Bowser said:
:???:

you mean you STILL havent beaten it yet? :eek:
Nope I wil try again after I have beaten SPM mabye