The Official MarioWiki/Xephyr TF2 Server

a game with 5 people and no admins

sounds like a whole lot of fun, mcs

My work schedule is backed up pretty bad, so all my free time right now is being invested into the 'Shroom and guitar practice since I'm really far behind on all that. I don't have time for something like this.

So the Christmas Calamity went down fairly well, though the issue of balance definitely was there. Would you guys want to ever do another 6v9 event for the Awards Tourney, or change it in some form to make it more fair? A huge reason why we won was because it was obvious we were communicating more while you guys were not.

I'm certain some of our teammates had the rest of us on mute, and the lack of voice communication was certainly a severe handicap. A lot of us had lag issues as well, although I noticed you and tfp lagged out a fair bit at times.

Anyone have suggestions for our next event? I'd like to try something new. Captain-picked teams were a mess for the first Awards event, 6v9 was an improvement and the only problem was the Challengers playing uncoordinated, but we could do something else before Awards II.

I would also like to discuss the ban on Heavy. Should it remain banned for games lower than 6v6? I probably won't be playing him for the sake of not ruining matches, but I wonder what everyone else's opinion is on the matter.

I don't think Heavy should be banned.

Uniju said:
I don't think Heavy should be banned.
I'm inclined to think he throws off game balance way too much in small games because there is not enough focus fire to kill one, essentially forcing the enemy team to use a Heavy no matter what.

Do you guys find him easier to kill than what I'm describing?

yeah you can kill full hp heavies with one melee hit, i don't see the problem here

I think a bit of the problem was that we were all playing classes we were skilled at while some of the challengers probably had to take what was left and try to figure them out there

but as for Heavy i think we'd have to see in the game first

if a Heavy is the entire reason for a side winning then yeah we should probably restrict them next round until we get some mroe people or something

Spies and Snipers are effective enough at ruining a Heavy's shit, as are carefully placed sticky traps and sentries. I don't think there's much of a problem there aside from everyone on our team that played Heavy using Brass Beast, which was really not a good strategy at all.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Spies and Snipers are effective enough at ruining a Heavy's shit, as are carefully placed sticky traps and sentries. I don't think there's much of a problem there aside from everyone on our team that played Heavy using Brass Beast, which was really not a good strategy at all.
Keep in mind I am not talking about events, I mean when we actually play regular matches, rare as that is. In events with a large number of people, 6v6 restrictions will be put into place, because they really work out well for preventing very dickish strategies.

Let's try to get a 4v4 going this weekend, one that hopefully doesn't happen at 3 AM with players constantly going AFK, assuming anybody sees this.

We'll be playing anything suggested, though I would like to test a modded version of Gorge to see how it works in 4v4 compared to the vanilla variant. Process and Standin are still available for playing again, too.

I'll announce the match on the Xephfrag group when we'll try to set it up, which is whenever we notice 8 potential players online.

I have a life now, it's a wonder I even find time to breathe these days

The original info was terribly outdated anyway. Xpike is not an admin and hasn't been for over a year, we have 32 player slots for MvM now, and so on.

Groden said:
Xpike is not an admin

more like everybody and their mother is an admin

Groden said:
The original info was terribly outdated anyway. Xpike is not an admin and hasn't been for over a year, we have 32 player slots for MvM now, and so on.

You should ask Dippy to update it, then.

MCS said:
Groden said:

You should ask Dippy to update it, then.

why is it somehow groden's responsibility to do that

Back