The Official AH NEE MAY Topic

I think he sums it up nicely.

f_060402m_dea7b7c.jpg

I've recently fallen in love with Ghost in the Shell. I've always liked it, but I've just recently grasped all the greatness of it. I really can't say I recommend it though. It's audience is very different from the types here.

For instance, unless you know your way through philosophical terms and wording, or political terms and workings, you'll probably be very lost. It's also slowly paced and atmospheric, most anime fans need instant gratification of something humorous or exaggeratedly violent or physical.

I like how in anime, even the most mundane tasks are epic.

-Death Note-
L: Hold on, I have another call.
*EPIC CHANGE OF PHONES EFFECT*
L: Sup'?

-Yakitate!! Japan-
*Azuma kneads dough*
Kawachi: OHHHH! How does he knead that dough so?!?!

etc.
I think it's just animators trying to copy the effects from the manga. I can't remember the name of it right now, but there is this one manga about wine where one guy is pouring liquid into a bottle with his arms far apart and this chick has an epic shock moment because he's "Decantering from such a height!"

Shin Chan lol

though i still love blood plus ♥

Ooooh Zim.

WAFFLES AND STUFF

The "SOSB" anime is a perfect example of why I don't like anime. Confusing. Emo. Schoolgirls everywhere.

I mean, what is the POINT? Girl gets angry, weird thing... does... stuff... in alternate dimension...

The "SOS Brigade" anime. Whatever the full name is.

Name is in joor sig.

Uni got it right.

Tried to read the Wikipedia article, got really, really confused. >>

Yeh; I thought the Gurren article was confusing. >>

What, exactly, does the Melancholy revolve around?

It makes sense when you watch it, it isn't very emo, its actually somewhat light-hearted. And if a show involves high school age characters in the modern day, why shouldn't there be schoolgirls? Remember, schools in Japan generally require uniforms, so it isn't some sort of weird anime thing, its just doing what makes sense.

EDIT: Gah, this place moves too fast <_<

itdoesindeed

What the heck is the story? What is that weird thing in the alternate dimension?

Basically, normal guy enters high school, meets eccentric girl who wants to hang out with espers, time travelers, and aliens. Girl then forms a club dedicated to the purpose of finding the three of these, along with other supernatural events and a mysterious transfer student. All of thse five things pop up, crazy thins happen, it turns out the girl has godlike powers and her wish for all this to happen was what made it happen, and at any cost knowledge of supernatural events must be kept away from her to prevent the destruction of the universe.

Naruto is I think the only Anime I watch and it PWNS :D

uh yah i guess ill post in here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atashin%27chi

^This is a great anime x3

Free Loader said:
Guiliant said:
uh yah i guess ill post in here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atashin%27chi

^This is a great anime x3

The article is pretty vague about it...

I know. :<

Pokemon DP said:
ChaosNinji said:
I have to say, the only anime/manga I like is Death Note.
WIN! ;D
Whoa, weird thread. I barely watch anime. I watch Case Closed(A friend in Japan tapes it for me and sends it over here :D), which is called Detective Conan in Japan. I also used to watch Pokemon, when I was younger.

The Fireman said:
I have to say, the only anime/manga I like is Death Note.
That and FMA are the only ones I've seen that didn't get ruined during the transition from manga to anime, though the anime ruined the Near/Mello arc.

Naruto ftw

Lucky Star ftw

I used to watch Pokeman and Digiman as younger. Pokemon isn't good anymore. Digimon still is but I don't watch it.

HAYAO MIYAZAKI!!

*Nauticaa of the Valley Of the Wind
*The Castle in the Sky
*My Neighbor Totoro
*Kiki's delivery service
*Porco Rosso
*Princess Mononoke
*Spirited Away
*Howl's Moving Castle
*Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea

All totally kick-ass movies. (in japanese, of course)

Back