Super Mario Bros. 4

Koopayoshi

Shine Sprite
Hey anybody else want this? It's actually been 20 years and I'd appreciate a sequel

According to Nintendo themselves:
SMB 1, 2 and 3 already speak for themselves.
Super Mario World = SMB4.
Super Mario Land = SMB5.
Super Mario Land 2 = SMB6.
New Super Mario Bros. = SMB7.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii = SMB8.

Maybe that'll answer enough questions.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
According to Nintendo themselves:
SMB 1, 2 and 3 already speak for themselves.
Super Mario World = SMB4.
Super Mario Land = SMB5.
Super Mario Land 2 = SMB6.
New Super Mario Bros. = SMB7.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii = SMB8.

Maybe that'll answer enough questions.

Where does Super Mario World 2 fit in? Or do they consider it its own series?

SMW2 is more like a Yoshi's Island, like SML3 is more like a Wario World.

So, if SMB4 was Super Mario World then the follow on was Yoshi's Island. This would mean Yoshi's Island DS was SMB6 as it was in the same chain as the first SMB.

Like I've said, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land don't count as SMB games at Nintendo.
Nintendo even said in many Press Releases, that the last Super Mario Bros. game that was released before New Super Mario Bros., was Super Mario Land 2.

Especially when looking at the release dates, SML2 (1993) vs SMW2 (1995), that already confirms everything.

Pretty much any Super Mario title that is not Mario Kart or an RPG title is mainstream by my eyes.

Super Mario Land = SMB4
Super Mario World = SMB5
Super Mario Land 2 = SMB6
Super Mario 64 = SMB7
Super Mario Sunshine = SMB8
New Super Mario Bros. = SMB9
Super Mario Galaxy = SMB10
New Super Mario Bros. Wii = SMB11
Super Mario Galaxy 2 = SMB12
Super Mario 3D Land = SMB13

Super Mario Bros. doesn't necessary mean 'main series'.
It's purely the concept that makes it SMB.
SM64, SMS, SMG, and SMG2 have a different category, but Super Mario 3D Land just fits into the SMB category.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Super Mario Bros. doesn't necessary mean 'main series'.
It's purely the concept that makes it SMB.
SM64, SMS, SMG, and SMG2 have a different category, but Super Mario 3D Land just fits into the SMB category.
Well that game takes little bits from other main Mario Games.

Yeah, like the 3D Roaming?
I've played that game twice (once on Nintendo's Post E3 Event, and once at Gamescom 2011).
Before playing it, it looked like Nintendo is making a Super Mario 64/Galaxy-themed game, but after playing it, I was sure that it's a new SMB game.

Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island is a part of the mario series, it's a sequel (prequel) to Super Mario world implied by the title. Mario has a role in it (yoshi isn't by himself) superstar mario powerup . Nintendo just made an error at the press release. You can say that Mario world 2 :Yoshi's island is both a mario and yoshi game but it is 100 percent the sequel (prequel) to mario world. stop pretending it's not. here is the main mario series excluding hand helds:

Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros lost levels
Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario World
Super MARIO WORLD 2 YOSHI'S ISLAND (It's not called Yoshi's Island/it's called Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island it is in between Super Mario World and Super Mario 64

I didn't even know what bumping was until after I did it twice...

Even if you indicate Sonic, they still made some other 2D like GBAdvance, DS Rush and Wii Colors
unless you are opposed to those 2D games after Bros 3

Back