Your favorite Donkey Kong Country levels

Some of the earlier ones aren't so hard, but Crowded Cavern and the volcano one can get pretty tough.

Lario said:
One fourth of all of them, at least.

To be more specific...

Cliff (DKCR)
Ruins (DKCR)
Vine Valley
Monkey Mines
Gloomy Gulch
K. Rool's Keep
K3
KAOS Kore

The Cliff has the best background in a game ever, I was really shocked when I saw how amazing it was.

Young Link said:
The Cliff has the best background in a game ever, I was really shocked when I saw how amazing it was.
Donkey Kong Country Returns is the best DKC ever. I will go so far as to call it a triumph. It's a shame it didn't sell, I wanted there to be a triology!

Marwikedor said:
Young Link said:
Donkey Kong Country Returns is the best DKC ever. I will go so far as to call it a triumph. It's a shame it didn't sell, I wanted there to be a triology!
it did sell

Paper Bowser said:
Marwikedor said:
Young Link said:
it did sell
But well enough?

Marwikedor said:
I would just like to say that I greatly disagree with this.

Donkey Kong Country 2 <3 It has almost all great levels (just not Castle Crush).

DKCR's level's kind of lacked inspiration, although they were pretty fun.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Marwikedor said:

Donkey Kong Country 2 <3 It has almost all great levels (just not Castle Crush).

You can disagree; this isn't North Korea, it's not a crime in this country.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Marwikedor said:

I'm agreeing with the disagree. Donkey Kong Country Returns was a very fun game and it was well done, but I can't put it at the same level as Donkey Kong Country 2. I'd even say it was a different game entirely if it wasn't for the namesake. The game didn't really feel like a DKC game, but I've already been over that in other threads.

I have only pl;ayed DKCR so I can't really say about the others. I have seen a level from DKC of a Kremling throwing a barrel at Donkey Kong.

I hated some of levels in DKCR, I always keep losing lifes on switcheroo just because of how hard it gets later.

I liked Music Madness since it's no where near as hard as the other factory levels.

Young Link said:
I hated some of levels in DKCR, I always keep losing lifes on switcheroo just because of how hard it gets later.

I didn't even think Switcheroo was that hard. Your not the first I've heard of, there are many I know outside the internet, who were driven crazy by that level! I just don't get it.

Fawfulfury64, is DKC2 your favorite game ever? I mean I've never read anything to indicate it I'm just guessing based on how highly you speak of it I have a way of reading people like that. Great choice for favorite game, btw.

Marwikedor said:
Young Link said:

I didn't even think Switcheroo was that hard. Your not the first I've heard of, there are many I know outside the internet, who were driven crazy by that level! I just don't get it.

Fawfulfury64, is DKC2 your favorite game ever? I mean I've never read anything to indicate it I'm just guessing based on how highly you speak of it I have a way of reading people like that. Great choice for favorite game, btw.
It is my favorite game, and thank you. :) It was one of my childhood games and I love to play it, even after beating it many, many times.

I spend at least 3 hours trying to get the gold rank for the Time Trial in Switcheroo. It took me almost just as long to beat Jagged Jewels on Mirror Mode. Luckily, after I did beat it on Mirror Mode, I was able to memorize the level (so I always knew what to expect) and beat the Time Trial easily.

It feels like getting Gold is impossible for me.

Back