Can Town (The Official Homestuck Thread)

Favorite Troll?

• Aradia Megido

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Tavros Nitram

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Sollux Captor

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Karkat Vantas

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Nepeta Leijon

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Kanaya Maryam

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Terezi Pyrope

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Vriska Serket

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Equius Zahhak

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Gamzee Makara

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Eridan Ampora

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Feferi Peixes

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
Re: R41NBOW RUMPUS P4RTYTOWN

It could have also been Scratch.

Or English, from another vantage point.

Seriously, why is everyone hooked on this idea that someone we already know has to be English? It could easily be a new character.

Lord English is
Nepeta.
That is why it has to be a character we already know. Because we already know
Nepeta.
Duh.

And no, there is no way to construe that panel such that it refers Scratch because first of all, miracles. Second of all, scratch can't "watch this pandemonium ensue."

The Hero of Heart is
Nepeta.
Jade's grandson is
also Nepeta.
Have I told you guys about my theory that every character in Homestuck
is actually Nepeta?

For serious though, Nepeta is a Hero of Heart, as revealed here: "Why yes, as a matter of fact. It does appear that the ROGUE OF HEART has been keeping herself quite busy.". But I doubt that she's the same Hero of Heart referenced by the merchandizing blurb, as she is probably too dead to ascend. Probably. My bet is that it's one of the post-scratch human players.

As for Jade's grandson, I think it will probably be the post-scratch version of the man who was her grandfather pre-scratch (i.e. this guy). The reason I think so is that according to Doc Scratch, the pre-scratch trolls were the ancestors of the trolls they were eventually going to regard as their own ancestors post-scratch (so Vriska was originally Mindfang's ancestor), and it seems logical to me that a similar process would apply to the kids and their guardians. I'm just speculating at this point, though.

So actually I have a few questions to ask as part of my research for AAA, as I'm going to call it.

1. Do we have any idea what the Level Twelve Battlefield looks like? Cause if not, I have some conceptualizing to do.

2. Do Tier 2 prototypes act like the kernel sprites? It seems conflicted to me. When Rose prototyped her kernelsprite, she put Jaspers in first and then the tentacle thing. The tentacle thing was the one whose powers were adapted into the ring. But when everyone else upgraded theirs, the Tier 2 prototypes didn't upgrade their powers (Nanna, Aradia, Dave, and Jade being prime examples).

3. A theme I think I've noticed is that with the battlefield, only certain upgrades are applied to the Dersites and Prospitians. For example, in the kids' session, they all gained the harlequin outfits. In the troll session, Jack was seen without any such kind of upgrade. Would the first person to enter the Medium upgrade the sides with anything or not?

Dr. Javelin said:
1. Do we have any idea what the Level Twelve Battlefield looks like? Cause if not, I have some conceptualizing to do.
Not really. You can see it during Aradia's r0ad t0 the und0ing memo, but it doesn't really look any different than the kids' 3x prototyped battlefield.

Dr. Javelin said:
2. Do Tier 2 prototypes act like the kernel sprites? It seems conflicted to me. When Rose prototyped her kernelsprite, she put Jaspers in first and then the tentacle thing. The tentacle thing was the one whose powers were adapted into the ring. But when everyone else upgraded theirs, the Tier 2 prototypes didn't upgrade their powers (Nanna, Aradia, Dave, and Jade being prime examples).
Anything that is put into the sprite before it enters the medium will have an effect on the prototyped enemies and the rings. Anything put in after won't. The reason for this is that shortly after entering the medium, the kernelsprite splits into two parts— called the kernel and the sprite. The sprite stays to act as a guide to the player, while the kernel splits again and carries prototyping information to Prospit and Derse. Jaspers did have an effect on the medium; you can see imps with suits and cat faces here (Jack had a cat face too, before Becquerel's face overrode it.) Nanna, Dave/Cal, Jade, and Aradia all were prototyped after the sprite entered the medium, which is why we never saw imps themed around them.

Dr. Javelin said:
3. A theme I think I've noticed is that with the battlefield, only certain upgrades are applied to the Dersites and Prospitians. For example, in the kids' session, they all gained the harlequin outfits. In the troll session, Jack was seen without any such kind of upgrade. Would the first person to enter the Medium upgrade the sides with anything or not?

I think that the upgrades are probably only applied to carapaces manufactured after the prototyping (by way of some alteration to the formula used to manufacture them) and to the kings and queens (via their rings/scepters). Jack is neither of these, and the alterations we see being made to him by the queen in [⁠S] Jack: Ascend. are purely changes to his wardrobe that don't seem to serve any real purpose other than to make him fit thematically with the rest of Derse.

So probably the reason he hasn't gotten any upgrades in the troll session is that, like in the kids' session, he was manufactured before the first prototyping and, like in the kids' session, he resisted the dress code. Remember that in the troll session the first prototyping was Aradia's, and she prototyped a frog, something Jack hates.

Im about halfway through A5A1.
The red team/blue team thing-facsinating, SO THATS WHY SOLLUX HAS A BLUE AND RED EYE!

wildestScribest said:
The red team/blue team thing-facsinating, SO THATS WHY SOLLUX HAS A BLUE AND RED EYE!
Actually, his red and blue eyes represent.....
(Minor Spoilers)
The kids and Trolls universes
And I've always wondered...
(Bigger Spoilers)
Since Snowman is dead, and she had blue blood, which is the color for the troll universe, would there be an alternate reality Snowman in the kids universe?

Flaming Urban Hipster said:
Since Snowman is dead, and she had blue blood, which is the color for the troll universe, would there be an alternate reality Snowman in the kids universe?

No. Snowman got her universe-destroying properties from Doc Scratch. Besides that, the kids' Black Queen was murdered by Jack, so there was no opportunity to exile her.

I understand what are the reqs to become a god tier.

You need a dead Real Self and a living dream self in a Quest Bed/Cocoon in order to become a God tier. this doesn't necesarily mean that you should face your own death.

Flaming Urban Hipster said:
wildestScribest said:
Actually, his red and blue eyes represent.....
(Minor Spoilers)
The kids and Trolls universes
And I've always wondered...
(Bigger Spoilers)
And does that represent the derse/prospit?

OH WHAT THE HELL IT'S JUST DOC SCRATCH

What's the point of going to great lengths to hide someone if it's someone we don't know anyway?

I mean, say, for example, Ms. Paint showed up during the Midnight Crew intermission as Lord English. When she showed up later, there would be no point in acting like she wasn't LE.

But this thing... This thing, they might as well have shown from the start.

Holy crap.
Scratch is English.
Are we really shocked about this? Cause I wasn't.

Also he does the HONK thing just like Gamzee. Is it possible that English has some relation to Gamzee's ancestor?

Also his face looks strangely familiar. A bit like Cal, actually, but I have this nagging feeling that it's really similar to something else I've seen.

Back