Can Town (The Official Homestuck Thread)

Favorite Troll?

• Aradia Megido

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Tavros Nitram

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Sollux Captor

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Karkat Vantas

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Nepeta Leijon

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Kanaya Maryam

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Terezi Pyrope

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Vriska Serket

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Equius Zahhak

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Gamzee Makara

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Eridan Ampora

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Feferi Peixes

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
OK, THE THING IS.
DON'T TELL ANYBODY I SAID THIS.
BUT.
I'VE ALWAYS HAD A LOT OF TROUBLE.
AT.
LEARNING STUFF.
Yeah.
I know.

i can't imagine i'm going to enjoy where he's going with this

Ha, Gamzee is no longer the most important character.

even if he is still alive for dubious reasons

gamzee will still be alive.

considering he hasn't died in every timeline possible.

whoop-dee-fucking-doo.

thus only troll who hasn't legit died yet.

I am still guessing that he'll play a role in killing LE.

Considering that bards are one of the most unpredictable classes ever. ( and bard of rafe is OP).

Nabber said:
Caliborn is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters.
He's surprisingly like Karkat, for some reason.

Just more ruthless.

I wouldn't be too surprised if the ectobiology lab ended up making him from Cal, Karkat, and another cherub.

Blastoise said:
Nabber said:

Only very, very, veeeeeeeery superficially.

I would even say superficially to such an extent that they actually become not similar at all.

Charmander said:
Blastoise said:
Nabber said:
Only very, very, veeeeeeeery superficially.

I would even say superficially to such an extent that they actually become not similar at all.
The red blood and the typos are what were similar to me.

I guess, but what usually defines a character are things that go beyond those properties.

Karkat is like this shouting, foulmouthed jerk on the outside, and a romcom loving, sensitive, relatively benign ball of insecurities on the inside. He (begrudgingly) cares very deeply for his friends, even the ones everyone else finds horrible. He has a very short fuse and a penchant for sabotaging himself and locking himself out of seizing happiness, but he also showcases moments of incredible wisdom and insight whenever he is not deluded by rage (which is not very often).

Caliborn is a hateful little guy who likes to murder things angrily. He does not have friends, nor does he want any. He has an aversion to intellectual crafts, and no respect for anything that doesn't immediately concern himself somehow. He also seems incapable of remorse, or self-reflection, or anything like that. He also seems to enjoy exploiting women and having them do his bidding.

Anyway, the only thing I can see those two have in common personality-wise is that they both shout a lot and get angry. That's why I say the similarities are superficial.

Charmander said:
I guess, but what usually defines a character are things that go beyond those properties.
Yeah, that's why they're different characters - I'm just saying they might have some similarities, however small, because they might actually share genes or something.

I am not trying to say one is the other or vice versa - Karkat is my favorite precisely because of his insights and inner emotional turmoil.

On the other hand I only enjoy Caliborn because he's hilariously evil.

Blastoise said:
Nabber said:

Just more ruthless.

I wouldn't be too surprised if the ectobiology lab ended up making him from Cal, Karkat, and another cherub.

Wow, that sounds a lot like that theory about Gamzee creating him from Cal, Karkat & Jade.

OK I'm caught up with Homestuck. It's kind of weird...actually...having to wait for updates.

Anyway, "DD: Ascend more Casually" was great, and "Caliborn: Enter" I personally thought was better than Cascade (especially since my crappy internet couldn't handle Cascade and I had to watch it through Youtube.

And save for the Calliope killing, Caliborn is the best character. No argument.

His text is 2ED73A, Calliope's blood (on the screen's maximum brightness) is 08FB48, and LE's text on this page is 0AFF48.

HMMM.

maybe also unrelated but edo's avatar changed to terezi.

Nabber said:
I thought his colors flashed? You know, cause he takes colors from everyone he kills?
There's no lime green blooded troll that I know of.

unless there was one but that color would pretty much as rare like karkat's.

Sollux/Eridan?

This is the work of Gamzee, no doubt.

I suppose we'll also see Feferi/Nepeta or Feferi/Equius or Equius/Nepeta soon.

Marowak said:
I hope it's going to be Equius and Nepeta :3
Nepius...

doesn't sound right.

There's Tavrisprite and Erisolsprite.

Fequius? no that doesn't ring a bell very well either...

Fefeta?

that sounds ridiculous.

Marowak said:
Tbh equius-nepeta sprite are suitable for Dirk. Nepeta is a hero of Heart while Equius likes horses and building robots, just like Dirk.
then what does Roxy get?

Feferi and... man was there any other dead trolls?

the ones that come from the top of my head are feferi, nepeta, equius, vriska, tavros, sollux and eridan.

FireEevee said:
Marowak said:
Tbh equius-nepeta sprite are suitable for Dirk. Nepeta is a hero of Heart while Equius likes horses and building robots, just like Dirk.
then what does Roxy get?

Feferi and... man was there any other dead trolls?

the ones that come from the top of my head are feferi, nepeta, equius, vriska, tavros, sollux and eridan.
Feferi. Just Feferi. In fact, it's also suitable for Roxy in some weird way. Feferi is like, The Condesce's descendant. And Roxy was the one who hated the Condesce the most (well she did everything so that they wouldn't play the game anyway).

Back