Can Town (The Official Homestuck Thread)

Favorite Troll?

• Aradia Megido

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Tavros Nitram

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Sollux Captor

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Karkat Vantas

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Nepeta Leijon

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Kanaya Maryam

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Terezi Pyrope

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Vriska Serket

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Equius Zahhak

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Gamzee Makara

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Eridan Ampora

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Feferi Peixes

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
wow marowak, what an enlightening contribution to the discourse

you are such an asset to this community

I must say, it was an interesting choice to set up the general characterization and interpersonal relationships of act 6 in a very slow-paced arc, bogged down by shenanigans and teen romance, while summing up the actual juicy bit of the alpha session on one single page. By "interesting" I mean "oh god, why did this happen".

Maybe it's because I am just in a bad mood right now. Maybe it's because I think Jane is an incredibly boring character who isn't doing a particularly good job of carrying this arc. Maybe it's because I was actually looking forward to see the actual session play out, and would have greatly prefered it if the characterizations were handeled in the session.

What it all amounts to is that this super short act has left a somewhat sour taste, and I'm kind of disappointed. I hope something interesting will follow soon.

tumblr_mdda2szhmi1qenk3r.png

This is a pretty great weapon, though.

I stopped reading somewhere after Dirk was introduced because I absolutely HATE the Alpha Kids.

But all this talk about Cherubs and Dancestors has piqued my interest.

I may have to give Homestuck another try.

I actually like Jane as a character... when she is an old lady. The additional years and the fact that she's a ghost makes Nanna more quirky, likeable, and interesting. If you take that away though, the character stops working and just becomes bland, at least for me.

03932.gif

Roxy is pretty great though. Out of all eight kids, she probably takes place 3 on my list of favorites (after Rose and Jade).

Dirk is my favorite of the alphas simply because he's awesome, with Roxy and Jake in a mixed second and Jane just sorta being there.

However, I am a shipper.

Do not lynch me.

What I didn't like is how Dirk/Jake and Rose/Kanaya were handled- while I did ship them before, the whole thing just felt shoehorned in by Hussie to appeal to the fans, even with Jake making out with Dirk's severed head, which I'm fairly sure was not meant to get the disturbingly warm reception that it did.

Charmander said:
I actually like Jane as a character... when she is an old lady. The additional years and the fact that she's a ghost makes Nanna more quirky, likeable, and interesting. If you take that away though, the character stops working and just becomes bland, at least for me.
Same for me.

Roxy is a decent character, but I don't know... I still prefer Rose. If I had to rank them...

1. John
2. Rose
3. Dave
4. Jake
5. Jade
6. Roxy
7. Dirk
8. Jane

I never really cared for "badass" characters, like Dave or Dirk. I think Jake is pretty cool. But John and Jade will always be the best.

Oh and I'm right here.
04496.gif

:'(

Blastoise said:
Charmander said:
Same for me.

Roxy is a decent character, but I don't know... I still prefer Rose. If I had to rank them...

1. John
2. Rose
3. Dave
4. Jake
5. Jade
6. Roxy
7. Dirk
8. Jane

>Do the ranky thing

Ok, why not.

1. Rose
2. Jade
3. Roxy
4. Dave
5. Dirk
6. Jake
7. John
8. Jane

1. John/Jake (yeah it's a tie)
2. Dirk/Dave (yeah it's a tie)
3. Rose/Roxy (yeah it's a tie)
4. Jade (She's awesome)
5. Jane ( I.... I hate her she's so terrible)

My favorite is John, with Dirk and Dave tying in second and Rose and Jade in third. I don't dislike Roxy, and Jane's just sorta boring.

Jane isn't that bad. In my opinion there are no truly bad homestuck characters. Exept for the exeption of the post scrach trolls

Game Boy said:
Jane isn't that bad. In my opinion there are no truly bad homestuck characters. Exept for the exeption of the post scrach trolls
not all of the post scratch trolls are bad.

I like some of 'em like Kankri, Aranea, Meenah, Porrim, Rufioh and Horuss (Horse Costume horuss is best horuss).

FireEevee said:
Game Boy said:
not all of the post scratch trolls are bad.

I like some of 'em like Kankri, Aranea, Meenah, Porrim, Rufioh and Horuss (Horse Costume horuss is best horuss).
oh these guys
lets do the ranky thing again:
1-Meenah
2-Kurloz
3-Serket girl
4-Porrim
5-Kankri
6-Meulin
7-Rufioh
8-Mituna
9-Horuss
10-Latula
11-Damara

Yep, pretty sure I didn't forget anyone!

IM DOING ONE
HUMANS
Rose (mostly pre-cascade)
Dirk
The rest are all equally fine, save for...
Roxy, who's still okay​
TROLLS
Gamzee
Larry
Aradia
Kurloz
Meulin
Nepeta's kind of sort of tolerable
Aranea, who isn't good, but gets points for being the opposite of Vriska
Everyone else is terrible, but especially...
Meenah
Kanaya
Vriska​

IN OTHER NEWS THIS EXISTS NOW

http://fororchestra.bandcamp.com/track/homestuck-sburban-jungle-for-orchestra

Back