Can Town (The Official Homestuck Thread)

Favorite Troll?

• Aradia Megido

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Tavros Nitram

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Sollux Captor

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Karkat Vantas

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Nepeta Leijon

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Kanaya Maryam

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Terezi Pyrope

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Vriska Serket

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Equius Zahhak

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Gamzee Makara

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Eridan Ampora

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Feferi Peixes

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters
Eh, we won't know until we see the current version of the book. Assuming we see it at all, of course.

who wants to place bets on how long it takes before this happy moment is completely ruined by shenanigans

my money's on less than a dozen pages

You know I really don't trust Vriska at all. She's exactly the way she was before, during and after the events of Hivebent. And we all know how that led her to creating Bec Noir. Her "making amends" is really not a new thing, she already tried to by offering Aradia that soulbot, giving Tavros a rocket thingy and so on. So I really wouldn't be surprised if she's willing to have a hand in creating English.
I don't trust you, Serket.
11182204_427575354082512_6062168943417762711_n.jpg

EDIT:
Serra said:
who wants to place bets on how long it takes before this happy moment is completely ruined by shenanigans

my money's on less than a dozen pages

P=eᶜ

P: Pain experienced by future updates
C: The Degree of cuteness the current update has (C>0)

Marowak said:
You know I really don't trust Vriska at all. She's exactly the way she was before, during and after the events of Hivebent. And we all know how that led her to creating Bec Noir. Her "making amends" is really not a new thing, she already tried to by offering Aradia that soulbot, giving Tavros a rocket thingy and so on. So I really wouldn't be surprised if she's willing to have a hand in creating English.
I don't trust you, Serket.

Well, if you think about it, it really makes sense she's still the way she was before. The Vriska that learned shit and admitted that her way was not the best way to go about things is the Vriska that had her Jack plans invalidated by her death, hatched another plan about LE, which was then again invalidated by John calling her out and further by her dancestor trying to do the same thing Vriksa did in her life, making her realize how stupid she has been looking. So in the end she was pretty much "fuck all this scheming shit and playing Mindfang, I just wanna be me now."

This Vriska didn't really have to face any of that, so she's still roughly the same person she was when she attempted to confront Jack. Or maybe she isn't. Who knows. We'll have to wait and see.

I'm gonna officially this. I bet I'll have a mental breakdown. WHY CAN'T I HAVE FEELING HUSSIE'S GONNA CRUSH MY SOUL AND DRINK MY TEARS THE NEXT UPDATES?!

Seeing as we get to see the reunion conversations now, in hindsight, it makes sense that the initial reunion on LOMAX was skipped - no sense wasting our time reading chit-chat about events and featuring versions of characters that get retconned.

So, I was rethinking that whole Caliborn is from pre-retcon stuff and somehow ended up making a sort of Gamzee timeline. Or a pre-retcon Gamzee timeline, to be more specific. So:
1-Gamzee, cod-pieced and all, arrives in the alpha session. At this point, his fake-wings exist.
2-Jade "throws" the meteor on Earth which somehow eventually becomes the cherubs' planet. Gamzee raises the cherubs, then makes his presence known to Caliborn.
3-Caliborn shoots him, making his wings fall off. He survives.
Somehow, he travels back to the alpha session. Now, this has been baffling me for like, a long time. But I think I figured out how he managed to do it. Remember how Jack Noir managed to travel to the trolls' session using a station? He used some sort of teleport found inside WV's station on Earth. Assuming that alpha Earth ALSO has a station like that (and it does and caliborn is in it during homosuck), Gamzee probably used it to travel into the alpha session, landing on the victory platform and traveling back in time to prototype all the sprites. (The A2 trolls' session created the B1 session, the B1 session allos travelling to the A2 session using that station. We also know through Aranea that the cherubs' universe was created by the alpha session, so logically, the cherubs session has a station that allows teleportation to the alpha session.)
4-Gamzee gets cut in half by Kanaya, then presumably gets sewn back (by Stitch maybe?) and then goes back to Caliborn. Not much evidence supports this aside from the fact that we never really see Gamzee entirely after the game over flash. In fact, only half of him was shown. Perhaps to hide his sewn costume/body.
5-The claymation shows us that Gamzee is cut in half again, and half of his soul is imprisoned in Cal. (Again, we only see him through claymation.

omg guys, dat latest twist. It's like, five updates or whatever of takin'-it-easy conversations, blackrom explanations, Terezi <> Vriska confirmation, a take-that over the not-happening-ness of Tavros's rebellion at skull island, adamant refusal to say whether DaveKat is pale or flushed or some bromantic inter-quadrant thing (which would be appropriate given the Sufferer x Disciple lore), and then suddenly,

Rosesprite.

Wonder if she and the alive!Rose will fuse somehow like how the Davesprite Rose sorta fused with the alive!Rose - in fact, lately I've been thinking how that doomed timeline seemed pretty unlike "normal" ones on account of the lack of ghosts it made. Wonder if Hussie's retroactively turning that early installation weirdness into plot-relevant weirdness, as another case of a doomed timeline being required for feeding back into the alpha alpha timeline, like the doomed timeline John just retconned... Hell, I'm still waiting for Davesprite to show back up: if Jasperssprite came, he could too, ya never know...

Also, maybe Rose's Vriska-less copy of the book came with her to the retconned timeline, which could be why Callie doesn't know about Vriska even if she hails from this not-doomed timeline, if she gets that version instead of the native-to-this-timeline version. Although that'd still leave the matter of where Muse!Calliope came from...

Anyway, still hoping for timeline comparison chit-chat, especially now that there's another POV available.

Rose said she didn't foresee this outcome because it does not count as fortunate.

But what if the actual reason is because it involved the kernel of a void player?

Peridot said:
Rose said she didn't foresee this outcome because it does not count as fortunate.

But what if the actual reason is because it involved the kernel of a void player?
Yeah that is possible, as void usually blocks light WHICH FURTHER SOLIDIFIES MY THEORY OF ROSESPRITE BECOMING THE CUEBALL BECOMING DOC SCRATCH WHOSE OMNISCIENCE CAN ONLY BE BLOCKED BY VOID AND I-
Anyway.
Vriska says:
VRISKA: TAVROS DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH HIM!!!!!!!!
VRISKA: Remem8er, you've only 8een prototyped once!
VRISKA: Do you REALLY want to fuse into an eternal monstrosity with that weenie?

and yet...
00198.gif

i thought the new kids session (can't remember if they were referred to as alpha or beta...) was special in that its kernels could be prototyped multiple times?

Nabber said:
oh

maybe vriska is just wrong in understanding how prototyping works...?

She has to be. Otherwise it would create a plothole.

It's been said at one point that the kernels are drawn to the deceased or those fated to die. That's probably why any of the cases where a player was prototyped even worked.

Back