Oh My God.

Earthquakes on the East Coast can be felt father away than the West Coast because the rocks have different compositions. That's why people were able to feel it in New York, Ohio, and Massachusetts.

What was the worst you guys have been through?

I told you, a 4.0. Ever since that unnerving earthquake, I have been fearing of "The Big One" very lately.

cuttlefishCuller said:
Earthquakes on the East Coast can be felt father away than the West Coast because the rocks have different compositions. That's why people were able to feel it in New York, Ohio, and Massachusetts.
That's exactly what they were explaining on T.V. :P

I don't think I've ever been through an earthquake, actually.

If you feel random shaking, that's an earthquake.

>>Baby Luigi and Ice Luigi
Thanks for explaining it.
You had to get crazy to actually feel it! (@.@")

Oh crap, now they're saying that Hurricane Irene is probably gonna blow right through New England.
CRAP

Hurricanes sound much better than The Big One over your shoulder every single second of the day.

The worst was 2005 when the epicenter was literally in the county I lived in, with a 6.0 magnitude.

Thankfully in Japan large cabinets and appliances are all attached to walls(for this exact reason), so no serious damage to any of our stuff, but shit fell over and that was about it for us personally. Things were worse in the streets though as it happened during a busy hour of traffic.

Thank goodness the hurricane is only gonna be as big as a Category 1 by the time it hits here.

Baby Luigi said:
If you feel random shaking, that's an earthquake.

Uh, I know that. I'm pretty sure it's never happened here.

Texas, near the Arkansas and Louisiana borders. If one has happened, then either I don't remember it or I wasn't alive at the time.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
>>Baby Luigi and Ice Luigi
Thanks for explaining it.
You had to get crazy to actually feel it! (@.@")
My mom thought I was crazy for feeling it. :toad: Me and My friend aren't going to the movies cause of the aftershocks

Oddly, there has been some speculation, in terms of what would happen if a major earthquake happened at Memphis, TN, along with Charleston, SC. It's been said that when a major earthquake happens at one of those areas, the tremors will be felt as far north as southern Canada. Obviously, something like that won't happen if San Francisco gets a replica of the 1906 earthquake.

Actually, here in Charleston we've somewhat earthquake-proofed our buildings. Charleston has already been hit by a major earthquake.

Some people felt the earthquake down here, but I didn't.

twinArmageddons said:
Actually, here in Charleston we've somewhat earthquake-proofed our buildings. Charleston has already been hit by a major earthquake.

Some people felt the earthquake down here, but I didn't.

Yes, but it will happen again in the future. When it'll happen can't be predicted though.

Back