Oh My God.

Here's an image, regarding earthquake reports as of 17:57:27 UTC, yesterday.

Original.jpg

It should be. It was pretty minor; the worst that could have happened was stuff tipped over or out of place because of the shaking.

Some buildings suffered damage. If an earthquake like that happened in California, there wouldn't be so much damage since the buildings are made with earthquake safety in mind.

My cousins' fireplace is made of stone, and the mortar broke loose on it and a lot of stones fell. Other than, that, I don't think they had any damage (their lake house is only a few miles away from the center of the earthquake).

I love how nobody had any clue what to do when the earthquake hit.

You get to a location where nothing can fall on you, whether it's out in the middle of a field or something or under a table or desk.

Well I know what to do -_-

It's just that earthquakes are less common here on the east coast (and in other areas of the world, for that matter), so some people might not exactly know.

Right now my family's hoping for the best when Irene hits ._.

Ice Luigi said:
Well I know what to do -_-

It's just that earthquakes are less common here on the east coast (and in other areas of the world, for that matter), so some people might not exactly know.

Right now my family's hoping for the best when Irene hits ._.
You live in NJ right? I do to, I remember this one storm where I did not have power for 3 days. I hope it's not goin to be like that this time

Actually, New York is going to suffer the most damage from Irene, not DC. It's because of all the tall buildings. The higher up you are, the less support you have and the stronger the wind gets.

It just rained hard here all of a sudden. It lasted like two minutes.

Looks like Irene is arriving at New Jersey.

Back