Hurt and Heal, KO a character, etc.

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
There have been a ton of different Hurt and Heal and KO a Character games, and I've seen some people complain, though I haven't found a consensus. I was wondering about people's ideas on what we should do about this. Should we just let people make as many as they want? Should we put a thread to stop making them like the ATTTN threads? Give your opinion.

They need to stop. They should wait until other's are finished.

I remember having this issue before. I thought it was agreed that if you don't like them, don't play them.

I think if regulated to a limit it can go all right. All people who want to make a Hurt or Heal or a KO a Character should ask before making it and maybe say a limit of no more then 5 at a time unless of course if a game is set to be really long (EX: The Nations one) and even then you don't want people abusing the Long game rule. I'd say 5 normal length games at a time and maybe 2 long length games at a time.

All threads that don't comply to the limit or are made without asking people who volunteer to control the Hurt and Heal threads should have their thread immediately closed by a Game Moderator.

But there's no rule against making stupid games in the Forum Games board. As I've said before, if enough people get fed up with it and they all stop playing the amount of threads should go down, and if there's still like 20 active then it just shows me that most of the community wants that many active.

Pretty much what Shyguy said. If you think there's too many games, just don't play them. Otherwise just leave it be.

Baby Luigi said:
I remember having this issue before. I thought it was agreed that if you don't like them, don't play them.
You started it all.

New Super Yoshi said:
You started it all.

...no. she just made the first two. Other people (Including you, ironically) made a lot more.

I made only 1 at a time, unlike the horde we get these days.

EDIT: And also, don't point fingers at anyone. It's not gonna solve any problems.

Yeah, I actually agree. If we had a whole sub-board to KO a Characters/Hurt and Heals, it would be really cool. Also, if we did that, I could move my "H&H/KO a Character Winners Thread" to that board so it could be easily stickied and accessed.

I've been wanting that for a while, but I doubt if the mods would go for it.

Again, I agree with the suggestion and think that it should happen, but I'm not entirely sure that the mods would bother with that.

Then again, what do I know?

I've just stopped playing the games unless I actually care about them, we need some sort of Hurt/Heal organization that will boycott games that it doesn't sanction.

I think there should be the following things:

A: Add a new sub-board, so the games don't clutter up in the Forum Games section.

B: Create an elected commitee to oversee the new sub-board, and set a limit on how many games can be active at one time. Anyone who wants to make a new Hurt and Heal or KO a Character would have to ask this commitee. Any game that is not officially sanctioned by the commitee through a majority-rules vote, and/or is not created by a commitee member, is deleted upon sight.

C: Set a limit to the number of characters to a Hurt and Heal edition, so we don't have another "Nations" or "States". Any edition that goes over this limit will be deleted and/or revised. A limit should also be set to KO a Characters, but it should not be as strictly enforced and be higher than the Hurt and Heal limit.

D: Going along with setting a limit to characters, there should also be a limit to length. If a Hurt and Heal edition lasts longer than, say 30 pages or 2 months, the thread is closed and the winner is the character with the highest score at the time of closing. Also, if a user wants to create another edition after creating their first one, they have to wait until the one they started first ends or is closed.

E: If a particular hurt and heal or KO a Character edition is obviously going to turn into a flame war (such as a "Users" or "Worst Characters in Mario" edition), the edition will be denied automatically without vote.

F: If a user breaks one of the above rules described in B , C, D, and E, they will recieve a ban of a to-be-determined time. If they break the rules again, they will recieve a longer ban, and so forth.

Are my rules any good?

I'll suggest them to Nega-Man, who runs the "official" thread. He's a shoo-in for the commitee if this goes through.

Those seem like good rules. I wouldn't mind being on the committee if it happens. and by saying that i have no chance of being on the committee

turntechGodhead said:
Those seem like good rules. I wouldn't mind being on the committee if it happens. and by saying that i have no chance of being on the committee

I'd probably be the main committee since I'm in charge of listing all those hurt and heals.

turntechGodhead said:
No, the commitee would be elected, so you have the option of not running. If this goes through, I am going to make a poll for the election.

Nega-Man said:
I'd probably be the main committee since I'm in charge of listing all those hurt and heals.

I don't think there would be a "main" committee. It would be three or four members who worked together.

Dear god just stop playing them it's not that complicated. We don't need committees and sub-boards we need self-control.

Back