Wii Family Edition

The redesign, you mean?
It looks a very bit different from the normal one, but in order to discount it, they've fully removed Gamecube capabilities.
In other words, I already have that Wii for a few years, as mine doesn't support Gamecube games neither, but it's because of the years of falling down, and carrying it with me.

Which would render most of the Virtual Console useless? After all, where do you insert the Classic Controllers.

My advice to anyone who's ever gonna want a Wii is to get one before this crappy new redesign.

MrConcreteDonkey said:
Which would render most of the Virtual Console useless? After all, where do you insert the Classic Controllers.
You insert the classic controllers into the Wii Remote, not the GameCube controller slot :P

Why would they do this when the Wii U is coming out.

Ice Luigi said:
MrConcreteDonkey said:
You insert the classic controllers into the Wii Remote, not the GameCube controller slot :P

ALL I KNOW IS WRONG

It comes with Wii Party though.

Aggron said:
:O

What an overpowering reason to get a brand new worse version of a console you may or may not already have!

MrConcreteDonkey said:
Aggron said:
:O

What an overpowering reason to get a brand new worse version of a console you may or may not already have!

I do have a Wii, but not Party.

This is just my opinion, but I'm pretty sure anyone who wanted a Wii has one by now. A downgrade won't up sales.

It makes sense to create a budget version of a soon to be obselete system to make some cheap bucks on the casual on a budget market. It makes less sense when the base model was (mostly) already aimed at that demographic in the first place.

also, I like how it's called "The Family edition" yet it only includes one controller.

First the Wii U, and now this. Honestly, if Nintendo is already going to make some kind of useless suquel to the Wii, why make an EXACT replica and take away some of it's best features less than a year away to the next system. Seriously, Nintendo is wasting millions.

Besides, what's the point of the Wii Family Edition not having a stand come with it when you can choose yourself not to have it on the stand. Doesn't make any sense at all.

The funniest thing is, Nintendo DSi also took away Gameboy Advance compatibility.
And the PlayStation 3 took away Other OS features in an certain update.

except:

1: The Nintendo DSi also added features.

2: Removing the Other OS features was done through an OS update, didn't involve reducing the cost of manufacturing the hardware and had nothing to do with a console revision. Remvoing the PS2 BC is a better example, and even there, it was better thought-out than... this.

1. I know, but the DS just lacked features, so DSi had to come up with added features, which are addable as well.
2. I said it was done by an update too, don't worry. I was talking about removals in general.

Brilliant. Everyone wants a downgrade of the Wii. Not much of a 'family edition' if there's only one controller. And honestly, imagine someone just buying it because its a 'family edition'. Why do they remove BC? It makes people buy it more. Honestly, I'm keeping with my classic white wii and my DS lite. Until they add the GBA feature in December, then I'll get it, along with SSB4 and Animal Crossing 3DS.

Back