Wii Family Edition

People that are broken on money would most likely get the downgrade, as the price is aimed to be lower than the 'real' Wii.

I could understand one getting this if one was low on cash and had no Gamecube games to play. Otherwise, ???

I'll stick with my fully-equipped Wii, thank you. Especially since I plan to re-buy some Gamecube games and snag myself a controller and memory card.

Super WaluigiWare said:
Falco said:
I think GameStop planning to stop selling GC games when Wii U's released
Makes sense if GameCube games end up being on the VC.
That's what they did to the GBA too. The 3DS came in, the GBA came out. I think they would get rid of GC games because the Wii U probably won't be able to play GC games (so most people won't buy those games anyways). Not a lot of people buy the games when they are so old.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Super WaluigiWare said:
Falco said:
I think GameStop planning to stop selling GC games when Wii U's released
Makes sense if GameCube games end up being on the VC.
That's what they did to the GBA too. The 3DS came in, the GBA came out. I think they would get rid of GC games because the Wii U probably won't be able to play GC games (so most people won't buy those games anyways). Not a lot of people buy the games when they are so old.

That would stink if I payed $49.99 for Gamecube games when they might put them on the Virtual Console. Most of the console games on VC r $10 but it was paying for those games.

Warning for Europe:

It comes out on the 7th. You have 2 days (after today) to buy a Wii.

I know, it's a Mario Kart Wii Pack, but I doubt the actual Wii will be discontinued.

The difference is, Wii and Wii Family are both in the same generation, like the DS, DS Lite, DSi, and DSi XL/LL are.
While that's said, the DS and 3DS are not, like the Wii and Wii U aren't.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
but I doubt the actual Wii will be discontinued.
I thought production of the original Wii in Europe was to be stopped when the Family Edition came out there.

According to Nintendo's mail not.

Mariomario64 said:
YamiHoshi.nl said:
but I doubt the actual Wii will be discontinued.
I thought production of the original Wii in Europe was to be stopped when the Family Edition came out there.
Why would they do that when the Wii is selling well at the moment?

Guys, buy a Wii now before this terrible Family Edition comes out. Oh wait, Nintendo of America has no plans to release it.

I'll be shocked if the Family Edition costs more than the regular model.

>>SKmarioman
The Family Edition is way cheaper, according to Nintendo.

^I agree. One of the main reasons I go to use my Wii is to play my Gamecube games as I have more Gamecube games than I do for the Wii. Just removing it would be pretty sad considering that even the Gamecube systems are having their production lines stopped quite a while ago. To me, it's like they cut the Wii literally in half and are selling the true portion of the Wii. Seems like soon enough, even GCN games will be on the virtual console for the Wii U...

Wait, GCN VC's on Wii U?
That sounds like a full day of downloading.

1. You find it cool to waste your time downloading 1 game?
2. Gamecube games were more expensive to make than N64 games are, so don't expect them to be free.
3. They'll never get on the Wii, unless they'll add External Hard Disk support in Wii Menu 5.0.

Back