Votes: 1 3.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mario Kart

• Other

• Total voters
Pandapow said:
That happens in any Mario Kart game. I find it much more common to happen on the Wii version.
It never happens in the wii version, if you push them off they stay where they are.

>>yoshidude99
MKDS = 3D with 2D obstacles.
I mean, courses, characters, and karts are all 3D Models, while most of the obstacles, like tree's, Goomba's, shells, banana's, etc., are 2D Sprites.

Why everybody like MKDD? It got no online play and 16 tracks and battle mode is for 2 or more players only

Falco said:
Why everybody like MKDD? It got no online play and 16 tracks and battle mode is for 2 or more players only
MKDD's item rape isn't as bad as the one in MKWii :P Plus I liked the 2 character concept. And MKDS and MKWii were the only ones that allowed you to do battle by yourself. Also, it didn't have stupid items like Blooper or the RapeThundercloud.

Falco said:

Back in my day (read: a few years ago), people didn't need online multiplayer to play games. They played them with whatever friends they could find.

Other than that, the game was a very different take on Mario Kart, and I appreciated that.

Leonyx said:
Falco said:

Back in my day (read: a few years ago), people didn't need online multiplayer to play games. They played them with whatever friends they could find.

Other than that, the game was a very different take on Mario Kart, and I appreciated that.
Per but next time they should be a Double Dash mode. Also I don't get why the fanbase all like Mario Kart 64 the best.

Double Dash to me was very very fun and that is the reason why I liked it so much. True, it did not have online play, but this type of mode was not needed by us Mario Kart fans back in the day. I enjoyed the gameplay and like what the others said, the game had a unique feel to it.

I also liked the fact that each duo of characters had their own special items. It made them feel more unique (Mario Kart Wii made each character in each class feel almost generic). What do you guys think about the special items?

It was nice, actually. I liked the small aspect of strategy it involved. I picked Baby Luigi and Bowser Jr. so if I was in a bad area I'd have the Chain Chomp, and if I was in a good area I'd have the Bowser Shell. Plus, I got to pick from the Lightweight karts.

Leonyx said:
It was nice, actually. I liked the small aspect of strategy it involved. I picked Baby Luigi and Bowser Jr. so if I was in a bad area I'd have the Chain Chomp, and if I was in a good area I'd have the Bowser Shell. Plus, I got to pick from the Lightweight karts.
I have to say but in some games like DD and DS the lightweight people are the fastest and it,s almost impossible win a 150cc cup using a heavyweight kart.

That's probably because of their acceleration. Because of the way Mario Kart is played, you'll be getting interupted in speed many times, so acceleration is key. Otherwise, you'll have to dodge every attack, and avoid the grassy areas or bumping into walls to be fast.

Leonyx said:
That's probably because of their acceleration. Because of the way Mario Kart is played, you'll be getting interupted in speed many times, so acceleration is key. Otherwise, you'll have to dodge every attack, and avoid the grassy areas or bumping into walls to be fast.
Yeah they will go fast if you do that but it's very likely if you stay in first you will get hit by a Blue shell and drop all the way to 8th.

I can win any cc with any kart :/

For me, it doesn't narrow at all. With all karts, I can make a huge lead.

Double Dash for sure. It never gets borin' fer' meh. I like to be strategic and use Koopa and Paratroopa cuz they have awesome driftin' stats.

I'm now thinking that it's a shame I don't have Mario Kart Double Dash!!!

Pinkie Pie said:
Double Dash for sure. It never gets borin' fer' meh. I like to be strategic and use Koopa and Paratroopa cuz they have awesome driftin' stats.

There is no drifting stat in Mario Kart Double Dash...

I've only played DS and Wii, so I'm going to have to say Wii. I'd love to play Double Dash someday though.

Back