If you could reimagine the Mario series...

Leonyx

Glory to the Shroob Empire! Long live the Shroobs!
What would it be like? Perhaps an adult themed FPS? Or a MMORPG? How do you think you'd like to see the characters?

I wouldn't mind a slightly darker game, kinda like the sharp contrast between Shroobified areas and the regular areas in Mario and Luigi Partners in Time.

I like the games just the way they are...for the most part.

It's the characters I want to give a little change. For starters, I want Mario, Peach, Luigi, and Daisy to have kids of their own kind of like a counter-attack for the koopalings and Bowser Jr.

Also, I want Sgt. Kooperman (a character from The Super Show) to appear in the games (even though that's never going to happen). I liked how he was basically a human version of Bowser and was thinking maybe he could have kids of his own (human versions of the koopalings).

Finally, regarding Donkey Kong, I want a game where he and K. Rool work together. Other video game heroes and villains have worked together before, so I don't see why DK and K. Rool can't do so as well.

I know these ideas sound kind of...ridiculous, but, hey, I'm a ridiculous person myself.

Yeah, I would imagine the Mario series the way it is, just maybe a little crazier than it is

I would not change the style of gameplay, but I would change the tone in an upcoming game. A slightly darker game could reel in an older crowd.

What about a more realistic Mario game? There have been plenty of reimaginings of more realistic images, and I think it would make for an interesting game. Nintendo certainly wouldn't get behind it though.

It would change the way you see Mario.
realisticMario.jpg

FOREVER

Tatanga would be the main bad guy of the Galaxy series

Raphael said:
Case in point, it wouldn't be right. Mario+Realistic concepts don't go together. The movie was proof of that.

That's an extreme case (and a bit funny). Braid (the game) could be considered a bit more realistic, and that was alright. I guess it would be an artistic kind of game.

Toad85 said:
Tatanga said:

Makes sense. But I wouldn't have him as the main bad guy. Maybe a secondary, like Bowser, Jr.
I guess all i'm saying is you have him try to take over the galaxy and you confront him on his planet

As soon as I saw those spaceships in the trailers, I immediately hoped for Shroobs or Tatanga. It would work so nicely too.

Leonyx said:
As soon as I saw those spaceships in the trailers, I immediately hoped for Shroobs or Tatanga. It would work so nicely too.
Yeah mabye Bowser took control of Shroob UFO's.

Leonyx said:

I, personally, still like Bowser as the main villain, but I would love to see Tatanga or the Shroobs as co- or secondary enemies. It just plain makes sense.

Yeah, I'd like Bowser to be the main villain in something like this. He is the most important villain of the Marioverse.

Tatanga said:

This.

Also, make the games look realistic. Not too far for obvious reasons, but say Brawl-style art direction.

Leonyx said:
Yeah, I'd like Bowser to be the main villain in something like this. He is the most important villain of the Marioverse.

This. Tatanga would be a co-villain, like Bowser, Jr., and the Shroobs would be featured in some way on Bowser's side in a similar role to King Kaliente, but in more levels then Kaliene was.

Back