Paid Downloadable content coming to 3DS and Wii U

Koopayoshi

Shine Sprite
Source:http://wii.ign.com/articles/118/1185257p1.html
It's about time. They should have done this along time ago. You know how apple gets all their content? This

Great, now it's time to buy even more PrePaid Cards.

Very intriguing.

Assuming the dlc is actually GOOD and actual dlc, not costume crap, it could be good.

Heck another reason to own 3ds(not sure about wii u yet).

Koopayoshi said:
I guess it could be used in something like Mario Kart, but that's about it.

wha?

have you seen dlc packs before? Companies make whole new STORIES and HUGE AREAS/LEVELS with it.

There are plenty of opportunities for it, not just silly racing game.

I mean i could really see this being excellent, whole new areas/levels, power ups, or whatever else they could add.

The real question remains if they'll actually DO IT

Olimar said:
So you can download extra things (like levels, characters, and other things) from the shop, and they'll be added into your game?

That's how it works, buddy.

DLC was awesome in Spore. I really love DLC. The only thing bad about it is that it requires the internet, but that's about it.

I have internet. And downloadable characters and levels/courses/stages would be awesome in any game. I don't agree that a whole new story could be deprived from it though, that it the original games' job.

Toad85 said:
I have internet. And downloadable characters and levels/courses/stages would be awesome in any game. I don't agree that a whole new story could be deprived from it though, that it the original games' job.

think of it as a side story of sorts. A new adventure after the main game, that kinda thing.

DLC was actually confirmed a long time ago. Um, I'm not sure if TC realizes this.

Yes! DLC is one way to make a good game better!

While I'm happy that DLC will extend the life of a game, I'm just hoping they don't make it overpriced and useless.

Hm? DLC should be free. I mean, you already paid for the game.

Ornithologist Mario said:
Hm? DLC should be free. I mean, you already paid for the game.

I disagree, but it should be at a very low price. Like $1 for level, $2 for unlockable characters, and $3 for extra game modes or side quests.

Oh no, I have no income! I disapprove. DLC should be free.

lol they gotta make money for the extra stuff they make guys

its only logical.

No. They can just increase the price of the games.

What if you don't download something? You would blow an extra $5. Making the DLC paid and the cartrage discounted makes more sense, because you can weed through the DLC you don't want and only pay for what you do.

As far as Nintendo told us, it's important for Nintendo to provide entertainment, and keep providing it.
In this sense, it won't mind if you don't download something.

That's what I said. Spending $45 for the content you want vs. $50 for everything... it's a no brainer.

I still don't want to fork over cash for DLC

Back