A World Without "E"

Comte Niark said:
Five words, Dozla! Why can't you do that?

This 1. And it had 5 words. 5 words in a quo-wait a tick!

And now this.

Do you find it hard to find words without a particular symbol? Is it an annoying thing to know that you want a word, but cannot find it? Introducing ROBOWORD, a smart word finding robot! This robot will find words that you don't know or cannot find! If you want a robot that can assist you in finding words, if you find it difficult to find particular symbols, why not buy a ROBOWORD? It's a world famous robot, that you shouldn't miss out on! Call now!

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any coaching! You probably won't, at first, find anything particularly odd or unusual or in any way dissimilar to any ordinary composition. That is not at all surprising, for it is no strain to accomplish in so short a paragraph a stunt similar to that which an author did throughout all of his book, without spoiling a good writing job, and it was no small book at that. By studying this paragraph assiduously, you will shortly, I trust, know what is its distinguishing oddity. Upon locating that "mark of distinction," you will probably doubt my story of this author and his book of similar unusuality throughout. It is commonly known among book-conscious folk and proof of it is still around. If you must know, this sort of writing is known as a lipogram, but don't look up that word in any dictionary until you find out what this is all about.

I found that on my laptop, so it's not my work.

How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about this paragraph? It looks so ordinary that you would think that nothing is wrong with it at all, and, in fact, nothing is. But it is unusual. Why? If you study it and think about it, you may find out, but I am not going to assist you in any way. You must do it without coaching. No doubt, if you work at it for long, it will dawn on you. Who knows? Go to work and try your skill. Par is about half an hour.

Isn't it? I could talk for hours just talking about nothing. I say, Nothing is also a liquid found in a book I saw, a liquid that can turn anything into Nothing. Horrifying, if you think about it. Some villain skillfully crafts it into ammunition. A good book.

Comte Niark said:
Isn't it? I could talk for hours just talking about nothing. I say, Nothing is also a liquid found in a book I saw, a liquid that can turn anything into Nothing. Horrifying, if you think about it. Some of the villains skillfully crafts them into ammunition. A nice book.

Yo dawg, I don't think you should do this

Hmm... it's kinda hot right now. I should turn on my aircondition.

Back