The Spongebob Squarepants Thread

...To a teacher?

I have good memories watching Spongebob Squarepants, and I'm kind of glad it's lasted as long as it has. It's like the kids show version of The Simpsons.

Also like The Simpsons, it's gone downhill after a while. I've seen some of the new episodes, and they're either awkward or just plain not funny. Or gross.

I remember this one episode where a sofa falls on Squidward's "toe" and tries to get it out, and only proceeds to remove his "toenail". I'm sitting there going "WHAT THE *bleep* IS WRONG WITH THIS SHOW?!"

But, whatever, I don't watch it anymore. I don't really make the time to watch it, though I still go back and watch some of the old episodes on occasion.

Patrick's my favorite character... And it seems that they realized this, because he's in almost every episode now, whether he should be or not. And even THEN he's only funny half the time.

Hahaha! It's a giraffe! Hahahaha!

That quote still makes me laugh.

And I agree that the new Spongebob episodes scarred me for a bit.

YoshiGo99 said:
they are making another Halloween one!! I hope it is funny and good. The last one was OK.
How many Halloween ones have there been? I only remember "Spongebob Scaredypants" and "I was a Teenage Gary". I wonder if they'll do a "Treehouse of Horror" deal, like they did with the Gary one, where weird things happen that would otherwise permanently change the series.

Smashgoom202 said:
How many Halloween ones have there been? I only remember "Spongebob Scaredypants" and "I was a Teenage Gary". I wonder if they'll do a "Treehouse of Horror" deal, like they did with the Gary one, where weird things happen that would otherwise permanently change the series.

There was a couple of episodes from 2009 which were aired for such purposes, although they didn't have much to do with Halloween.

Oh yeah and many episodes in the show have those "dead end" endings.

Back