Wii U Game Dream Roster

Nintendo tries to avoid these ratings, and even most parenting sites agreed that Brawl was barely a T rating.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time got an E rating, even with the well and Redeads (though they changed it to a T for the 3DS version). I thought Brawl should get the very most an E10+

Baby Luigi said:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time got an E rating, even with the well and Redeads (though they changed it to a T for the 3DS version). I thought Brawl should get the very most an E10+

Actually, OoT 3D is rated E10+.

My mistake. But I knew the rating got up for that game

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:

Actually, OoT 3D is rated E10+.
IKR Brawl was totally not inappropriate.

Brawl isn't much worse than Super Smash Bros., you know

Brawl obviously got rated T for "Crude Humor". Blame the Wario Waft for that, since there's nothing else that would warrant the "Crude Humor" statement.

I kinda also think that Brawl was made Teen for Solid Snake and Zero Suit Samus. I wouldn't blame one fart move to be the reason why it ended up being Teen. Though I do wonder if Melee would of been E10+ if that rating was around back then, I would suppose so.

Kind of like the Indiana Jones movies are rated PG but these days would be rated PG-13. I heard that Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom single-handedly created the PG-13 rating.

I don't remember where I got this info, (could've been a YouTube comment or from GameFAQS), but, someone said that Melee being rated T was probably due to violence against women since Peach and Zelda became playable and I personally think it could've also been due to animal cruelty (DK, Diddy, Yoshi, Sonic and the Pokemon), granted, DK, Yoshi, and Pikachu were playable in the original but the graphics made them look cartoony unlike in Melee and Brawl where the graphics are more realistic.

Raphael said:
I don't remember where I got this info, (could've been a YouTube comment or from GameFAQS), but, someone said that Melee being rated T was probably due to violence against women since Peach and Zelda became playable and I personally think it could've also been due to animal cruelty (DK, Diddy, Yoshi, Sonic and the Pokemon), granted, DK, Yoshi, and Pikachu were playable in the original but the graphics made them look cartoony unlike in Melee and Brawl where the graphics are more realistic.

...That's kinda the first problem with that. Youtube commenters and GameFAQs aren't exactly known for being great sources. The only thing Nintendo did for Animal cruelty is change the appearance of the Topis, because I think in the Japanese version the Topis look more like Seals while they look much different in the American version. Also I can't be the only one that think it's silly that they'd mark it down past E just because women are playable in the roster. Have one fighting game with postively no blood with slapstick items and all the characters are male or are animals and it gets an E rating. Then suddenly the sequel adds a woman character or 2 and it's a little bit of a controversy that raises the rating. That's just silly.

The Animal Rights movement does have it's level headed people sometimes, like the people who understand that Humans have used Animals for Centuries and only rise up when some extreme abuse goes on. It's only really crazy when Extremist parts of the movement (*coughcoughPETAcoughcough*) get butthurt over the tiniest things like Hunting, Fishing (Renaming fish into Sea Kittens anyone?), and Dog Shows.

In an attempt to get on topic somewhat. I just hope the roster is the majority of the Brawl characters return and we get a good amount of New Characters. (It's just too bad we probably won't get any updates on SSB4 until sometime (Probably long) after Kid Icarus 3DS has been release. SSB4's trailer will probably be at the next E3 I'm guessing.)

In my opinion, you should be able to do anything you want to your animal. You can't do any of these things they say to someone else's with out their permission.

Dr. Javelin said:
It's true though. And I really hate the animal rights movement.

Just be fortunate that Rise of the Planet of the Apes is all fiction.

I'm pretty sure that almost any fighting game that gets made nowadays gets at least a "T" rating anyway.

MOVING ON

'3K said:
Bowser Jr., Little Mac, Mega Man, King K. Rool, blahblahblah

I would say that looking under a woman's dress would be another reason for a T rating, but that's a rather invalid point, since those things happen on E rated games too.

Back