DS sells more than the 3DS on launch

NSY

Celestial Guide
I don't get it. Why is everyone buying a DS when the 3DS. 3DS can play DS games and has 3D.

Re: Nintendo DS is Outselling the Nintendo 3DS

Because the former has been out for 8 years

Caboose said:
Because the former has been out for 8 years
I mean when the 3DS came out. More broght the DS more than the 3DS even when the 3DS came out.

Because the DS costs nearly 60% cheaper than the 3DS, that's why.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
But still. Why stuff with no new games. What if they wanted a 3DS but their Mother brought them a DS.

The DS is still getting new games, but the 3DS, Wii U, and PSVita currently have the highest priority.

Well, not everyone is gonna pay 250 US dollars for one, when they can get a DS Lite for 100

Because the DS still has better titles, far better.

Being in the state of launch, the 3ds isn't doing too well, this usually happens though as most consoles and handhelds often have crappy titles at launch and will only really see the light of sales in its 2-3+ year period.

This has been proven countless times too. DS launch titles were not that great and at the time GBA actually had more sales, so really it may just be a repeating pattern of history.

Zae said:

Being in the state of launch, the 3ds isn't doing too well, this usually happens though as most consoles and handhelds often have crappy titles at launch and will only really see the light of sales in its 2-3+ year period.

This has been proven countless times too. DS launch titles were not that great and at the time GBA actually had more sales, so really it may just be a repeating pattern of history.

Yeah, but can't you play DS games on 3DS?

DS is cheaper. If you don't really want the 3DS games like me, then you buy a DS. Would someone be crazy if they bought a Gamecube instead of a Wii if they only wanted to play Gamecube games?

I even have 7 good 3DS games in my closet, and one even came today.
But sure, most of these games were launch titles, and get boring quickly.

Mario Kart 3DS said:
Zae said:

Yeah, but can't you play DS games on 3DS?

why would you buy a 3ds just to play ds games(think i got your post wrong but uh)?

I mean seriously. Also the 3ds is seen as pretty expensive too for something that doesn't really have much of a good library of games. So there ya go.

The 3ds might outsell the ds later when far more titles have come out.

Lubba said:
Mario Kart 3DS said:
Gamecube is cheaper. Anyways, the good games aren't out yet.
yeah they sell Gamecubes for 30 bucks at my gamestop.

I can find some online for a lot less and probably in better condition.

GameStop is absolute crap when it comes to the quality of used games, especially last gen ones.

The only reason people would buy 3DS for their DS games is if their DS got broken (like what my mom and BLOF did 3 billion times) or the battery life is getting shorter.

I think you should change the topic title to DS sells more than the 3DS on launch because I got confused there.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Also because the economy is falling, many people don't want to waste 250$. I read an article online about the 3DS and it said it was really worth 100$. And apparently, the Wii was $250 at launch too.

Actually, that's the cost Nintendo made on hardware and employees.
They have to get some money into their pocket, and it's hard to do that, if you sell something for exactly as much as the production costs.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Actually, that's the cost Nintendo made on hardware and employees.
They have to get some money into their pocket, and it's hard to do that, if you sell something for exactly as much as the production costs.
I bet most wii U games will cost £50/$75 on launch.

I don't know, the 3DS games are also around € 45,- or € 50,- in the local stores.
It's more expensive than the most DS games, which are around € 40,- and € 45,-.
In that fact, I don't think the Wii U games would be that expensive.

I remember a Gameboy Color game to cost 99,99 Gulden (Gulden divided by 2,20 is Euro).

The reason I'm not getting the 3DS is that I want to wait when they come out with the new one and get the old one. I don't have enough money and they probably make one around next year or so.

Back