Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
And once more, the wiki admins have no right at all to just waltz in and start demoting people without consulting the real moderators at all.

It really could have been handled better. My biggest problem here isn't what's happened so much as how it was handled. Shyguy and Ninji were stabbed in the back without warning and that doesn't sit right with me. This was never once brought up on the mod board, and as far as I know, it was never discussed with any of the other admins in any way.

Private IRC chat/give the demoted mods temporary access to one board only to speak/private messages/private instant message chat.

Sorry, not trying to be a smart ass.

The exaggerations of any harmful mod abuse on my part are greatly exaggerated, if not completely false. With all of the group changing around I did, it's no wonder I ended up with access to a board that not only did I not use, but I had no reason to use. There was absolutely no harm in my being able to view that board, and you guys are full of shit.

Again.

Big surprise.

And, as I said on Xephyr, there is a very good reason why Sysops are not automatically forum moderators and don't have a say in what happens on the forums. You can't just fuck the system just because you guys want to act on some vendetta you have against me.

Villain11 said:
When did SMB get repromoted? I thought he demoted himself.

I understand why Ninji got banned, but why Shyguy?
R9dO6.gif

Sorry, but isn't it obvious? None of this affects me but it still strikes me as odd. Yes, I read SMB's explanation. I see you guys have your reasons.

Seriously, though, sysops, why can't you just come out and say it?

"We demoted you guys because we hate you. We are power abusing assholes. We're not reversing the ban."

I wouldn't mind if you just said that.

So as far as I can tell I was demoted because SMB thinks I was mean to the mods (read: him). If you can't come up with an actual reason to demote me, repromote me and if you can't put up with me, resign. You have enough positions already.

Oh and Xzealio keeps telling me to start a civil war so Vive la Revolucion!

Ninji: Well we just had an instant (actually it took ~five minutes) discussion in the mod boards, and we all now agree to your demotion so congrats, you are officially demoted.

And I actually agree with SG here, the wiki admins have no power on the forums. If we wanted them moderating the forums, they would be mods on the forums. Since they are not mods on the forums, they should not be moderating the forums.

And also, no revolutions, they're bad for the economy D:<

Chorus said:
And I actually agree with SG here, the wiki admins have no power on the forums. If we wanted them moderating the forums, they would be mods on the forums. Since they are not mods on the forums, they should not be moderating the forums.
Ninji made that point first but support is support.

Chorus said:
Aw...but it wouldn't be a revolution. It would be a civil war!

Chorus said:
Ninji: Well we just had an instant (actually it took ~five minutes) discussion in the mod boards, and we all now agree to your demotion so congrats, you are officially demoted.

I specifically said that I didn't care about this. Why bring it up?

Also, N contacted me on Steam to contest his ban. You mods start talking that over, I'll join you when this blows over.

Xzealio Exdementia said:
Chorus said:
Aw...but it wouldn't be a revolution. It would be a civil war!
Xzealio: Isn't a revolution always a civil war...? (so long as there's war involved)

Ninji: So you can't complain that the admins decided your demotion, they didn't.

SG: Well I said it in a metaphorical way so ya.

I always thought a revolution to be typically a colony rebelling against the nation who owns it, and a civil war to be a nation splitting within itself. I am pretty sure a revolution can be considered a civil war in some cases, but not all.

Xzealio Exdementia said:
I always thought a revolution to be typically a colony rebelling against the nation who owns it, and a civil war to be a nation splitting within itself.
Well I think the Spanish revolution only involved Spanish people.... correct me if I'm wrong...

I think some revolutions are civil wars, but others are not. Either way, there will be no civil war?

Xzealio Exdementia said:
I think some revolutions are civil wars, but others are not. Either way, there will be no civil war?
I think we could have a civil war, just as long as we don't involve flaming, spamming or mod abuse. Just because it's a war doesn't mean I stop doing my job :3

We're getting too off-topic. We don't want the power-tripping admins to think that this just blew over. I will not rest until you right this wrong.

Herr Shyguy said:
We're getting too off-topic. We don't want the power-tripping admins to think that this just blew over. I will not rest until you right this wrong.
Well, the more you complain, the righter this wrong becomes D:<

We do not want power-hungry members who can't bear to lose their powers as mods, just a simple stating of your reasons would be enough and let us handle it. If you continue to complain like someone else who is not getting their powers back, our resolve not to give them back tightens.

And finally, you interrupted a perfectly good discussion on the mechanics of civil wars vs revolutions D:<

Chorus said:
We do not want power-hungry members who can't bear to lose their powers as mods, just a simple stating of your reasons would be enough and let us handle it. If you continue to complain like someone else who is not getting their powers back, our resolve not to give them back tightens.
This is entirely the wrong reasoning. You know my point, you guys never had the right to take my powers in the first place. I just need need a mod who can remain anonymous to repromote me because the people who decided to demote me never had that power.

It doesn't matter what attitude I take because demoting me was a complete and total mistake. The people who did it had no good reason and didn't have the power, and any attitude I take now should have absolutely no bearing on those circumstances.

So, you're basically saying that, if SG27 contests his title loss, he's a power-hungry loser and won't get his title back, and if he doesn't, he won't get his title back because he's not protesting this obviously wrong decision.

Great logic you got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back