Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, 3K is right. I realize my blanket term of "administration" is a bit misleading. I am fully aware he had no say, and I blame him for nothing. Sorry about that.

I thought mods could see the wiki staff boards anyways.

The non-Sysop mods are given strict orders not to check that board. Just as the sysops shouldn't get a say in forum matters, we don't get a say in Wiki matters.

Broggy said:
Why don't they just give Ninji and Shyguy there powers back
3K can do this right now because we all know the wiki staff was wrong.

Broggy said:
and add like 2 or 3 new mods
We had enough mods before my demotion.

Atlas said:
Yes, 3K is right. I realize my blanket term of "administration" is a bit misleading. I am fully aware he had no say, and I blame him for nothing. Sorry about that.
Thanks.

Hello.

Ninji and Shyguy have been demoted for several reasons. It just so happens that one of the more prominent reasons is that you both have been rude to members of our user base (mostly Ninji, but Shyguy is guilty of this too). Ninji also seemingly gave himself access to the Wiki Staff as well as other boards he had removed from his access list by Stooben after "In Charge of the Forum" was stripped of most power it held. Not to mention Stooben went in and removed it two or three times. If that's not abuse of his power, then I honestly don't know what is.

I told the staff about this, and they weren't pleased to hear this. It would be one thing if Ninji had announced he was coming in, but he retained access for a while without anybody noticing. Until I pointed it out to Stooben not too long ago, and he said that he had removed the access several times. I'm sure you can understand how violating it feels to have somebody being able to lurk through discussions that they are not supposed to see; also, whether he peaked through topics or not is not the point. It's the principle of the matter.

Rudeness towards the Wiki Staff is no longer tolerated. 2257 certainly didn't deserve the disrespect he got from Ninji when he was pointing out his displeasure with the forum. Especially from somebody who held as high a title and honor as "In Charge of the Forum."

Shyguy did nothing as nearly bad as Ninji, but he was still rude. Back in my first tenure as Forum Mod, I know for a fact that I didn't enjoy working with him. I made a mistake in interpreting something (I'd rather not go into detail about my part in it, because I had already made it established that I was incorrect in my evaluation in the issue that was occurring in the mod's board). In a later post I made after this incident, he still held what I said against me.

There's also the slight amount of rudeness in his posts, which; although not as blatantly obvious as Ninji's rudeness towards other users, still implied the same general message.

Also,

Herr Shyguy said:
Oh yeah, this was a wiki staff decision, not a forum staff decision. Because the two are so closely linked these days.

Atlas said:
First of all, the Wiki staff has no power here. Stop getting involved in matters that don't concern you.

Considering the fact that this is the Super Mario Wiki Forum, you were technically moderating the forum of the wiki. So, in all seriousness, the solution for this would have been having the Wiki Admins making this decision earlier on so that there was actually room for discussion. But in drastic times, drastic measures must be taken. The lack of regard towards the Wiki community and staff just shows you don't understand the function of the forum to the wiki.

Seriously, things like this are what lead to #mariowiki being dismissed from the community as the official chat. But I'd rather not open up that can of worms for the sake of staying on the current topic.

Atlas said:
The non-Sysop mods are given strict orders not to check that board. Just as the sysops shouldn't get a say in forum matters, we don't get a say in Wiki matters.
See the part above where I disclosed your abuse of mod powers. Your argument here is moot because of that.

We apologize for not contacting you both earlier about this and informing you about the decision made, but the way you both have carried yourselves out in this thread is not really proper and doesn't give me myself (not sure about the other staff, since I cannot speak for them directly) a real strong feeling of regret for assisting in the reaching of the decision that made you lose mod status.

United States of America said:
Shyguy did nothing as nearly bad as Ninji, but he was still rude. Back in my first tenure as Forum Mod, I know for a fact that I didn't enjoy working with him. I made a mistake in interpreting something (I'd rather not go into detail about my part in it, because I had already made it established that I was incorrect in my evaluation in the issue that was occurring in the mod's board). In a later post I made after this incident, he still held what I said against me.
Let me get this straight. I lost my powers because you're butthurt over something that happened that long ago? Fuck you, repromote me.

Herr Shyguy said:
Let me get this straight. I lost my powers because you're butthurt over something that happened that long ago? *bleep* you, repromote me.
Eh... No. That was just one example of what life is like with you on the Mod Team. One incident that I decided to cite.

EDIT: I also like how you ignored the rest of that post just to try to make me look like a vengeful person. You know, not acknowledging what you and Ninji demanded: reasoning.

So from an innocent bystander point of view, one mod demoted another mod behind his back because he is vengeful. Nice staff you have here.

-No, we never discussed this, it was a complete surprise.
-I have nothing to say about SG.
-Ninji, I was half a mind away from proposing your demotion myself.
-And I also disagree about wiki admins moderating the forums because of the name of the website (i.e. if we were called "Mario" then these would just be the "Mario Forums" if we were called "MarioForums" then this would be the "MarioForums and the wiki would be "MarioForums Wiki" and the same argument could be used in reverse; the name of the site should not carry weight as if it were composed of several nouns.)

Herr Shyguy said:
Let me get this straight. I lost my powers because you're butthurt over something that happened that long ago? *bleep* you, repromote me.
Eh... No. That was just one example of what life is like with you on the Mod Team. One incident that I decided to cite.

EDIT: I also like how you ignored the rest of that post just to try to make me look like a vengeful person. You know, not acknowledging what you and Ninji demanded: reasoning.
You can't demote me for giving the other mods a little shit. That's not how the world works.

I was trying to be sort of cool about this before but I am so fucking pissed at you right now.

And about your edit, your post was "Ninji is mod abusing and Shyguy was kind of a dick to me sometimes".

Xzealio Exdementia said:
So from an innocent bystander point of view, one mod demoted another mod behind his back because he is vengeful. Nice staff you have here.
I can assure you I am not a vengeful person. Then again, if you feel that way, it's simply because you're misinterpreting why I included that example. It's also because of the fact that I didn't unilaterally declare Shyguy a bad mod; a group of people did, which I happen to be a part of.

Chorus said:
-And I also disagree about wiki admins moderating the forums because of the name of the website (i.e. if we were called "Mario" then these would just be the "Mario Forums" if we were called "MarioForums" then this would be the "MarioForums and the wiki would be "MarioForums Wiki" and the same argument could be used in reverse; the name of the site should not carry weight as if it were composed of several nouns.)
No, it's no word game. It's simply an accurate assertion: the wiki isn't a sub-community of the forum. It's quite the opposite. The wiki is the parent community, with the forum being the sub-community that reflects on the wiki.

Herr Shyguy said:
Herr Shyguy said:

You can't demote me for giving the other mods a little *bleep*. That's not how the world works.

I was trying to be sort of cool about this before but I am so *bleep*ing pissed at you right now.

And about your edit, your post was "Ninji is mod abusing and Shyguy was kind of a *bleep* to me sometimes".
Well, once again, I'm not in this for personal reasons and I didn't support your demotion for personal vengeance. I don't know how many time I can say this.

Herr Shyguy said:
Herr Shyguy said:

You can't demote me for giving the other mods a little *bleep*. That's not how the world works.

I was trying to be sort of cool about this before but I am so *bleep*ing pissed at you right now.

And about your edit, your post was "Ninji is mod abusing and Shyguy was kind of a *bleep* to me sometimes".
Well, once again, I'm not in this for personal reasons and I didn't support your demotion for personal vengeance. I don't know how many time I can say this.
Then you'd better think of some better reasons why I got demoted because all I have to work with is that I was mean to you once. And really? Me making life a living hell for the mods? Who the fuck do you think you are? I've been a mod probably as long as you can remember, what right do you have knocking me down because you can't handle working with me.

Oh and:
Chorus said:
No, it's no word game. It's simply an accurate assertion: the wiki isn't a sub-community of the forum. It's quite the opposite. The wiki is the parent community, with the forum being the sub-community that reflects on the wiki.
If we wanted you all moderating you would all be moderators. We're not five, we can take care of ourselves.

Xzealio Exdementia said:
I can assure you I am not a vengeful person. Then again, if you feel that way, it's simply because you're misinterpreting why I included that example. It's also because of the fact that I didn't unilaterally declare Shyguy a bad mod; a group of people did, which I happen to be a part of.
In all honesty (although my opinion doesn't matter), just looking at the situation without any background information, this looks like it could have been handled in a much better way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back