Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, this was a wiki staff decision, not a forum staff decision. Because the two are so closely linked these days.

>>Herr Shyguy
Actually, my activity on the Wiki is almost never, while on the Forums, it's every morning and evening.
So it isn't that closely linked for everyone.

It's sister to you, Shyguy.

Awaiting obvious reply: "I'm a girl."

EDIT: D'ohohoho, you're too fast for me.

I guess all we can do is wait until a current mod comes online, if they are willing to explain anyway.

Oh how rude of me. Here's an explanation:

2257 said:
Regarding this,

A couple of the wiki admins got together and decided that the two of you weren't really representative of the kind of behavior we wanted to see in our forum administrators. So, we demoted you.

I'm sorry that nobody said anything to you before now. I guess we all expected someone else to do it.

Herr Shyguy said:
We both logged on and weren't mods anymore. No explanations or anything.

This happened a few days ago. I noticed you had been demoted first and figured it was something temporary(so I didn't bother asking), and then I saw Ninji demoted and thought everybody was being demoted or something, except 3K was still a mod, which confused me greatly.

But now this all makes sense.

>>Herr Shyguy
>Rule 30 bro.
That's a 4 chan rule, as far as I've seen at Google.
The truth is different. (ーωー.)

I don't think you realize how much of a dick move this is.

First of all, the Wiki staff has no power here. Stop getting involved in matters that don't concern you.
Secondly, we didn't get a chance to defend ourselves. We didn't even get to see the God damn conversation. Last I checked, there wasn't a damn thing mentioned in the mod board about this.
Thirdly, I'm a giant douchebag, though I always have a reason for acting so, and ShyGuy can be a jerk if he wants (which isn't even often. Have you even seen any of his posts lately?), but we were not only competent administrators and, you know, actually moderated, we were key in almost all of the decisions that required the attention of all of the mods. Not only are you guys acting in a shameful way by doing all of this apparently behind our backs and completely without warning, you don't even have a good justification. "Your poor behavior will influence new members and we don't want that"? Bull-fucking-shit, and you know it. That's the least believable and most contrived reason I've ever heard.

In short, come up with a damn good explanation next time or just ignore us outright. Don't pussyfoot around with fake answers and half-truths.

And, honestly, why the hell are you the one telling us all of this, 2257? You shouldn't even know about it, and yet you're the only one who is willing to talk to us about it. I'm not belittling you, if you take it as that. I'm just wondering why you all had the guts to demote us without so much as a mention, which is an incredibly ballsy move, but won't even come out and take credit for your actions. Come on, then. Step up. Who wanted us gone?

For the record, I have no problem with my demotion. I've almost nothing to say on the forums at this point. I have no idea what SG27's viewpoint is, but if he wants to stay an Admin, he's done nothing to deserve a demotion, and you haven't presented anything to the contrary.

I disagree. I was pitifully inactive, and that's actually a decent argument for my removal. However, that's not why they got rid of us. They couldn't even manage to say that.

Needless to say, this whole affair isn't going to be pretty. I won't let it be so.

Guys

Just because you're not a moderator on an online Mario message board

Doesn't mean it's the end of the world

I think that attitude

Is what may have gotten you

Demoted

That's one of the reasons why

I'm being a

Jerk

The other, of course, is that you're being an ass, as previously stated.

Edit: Actually, I don't feel like arguing anymore. You know you're wrong, staff, and everyone else knows your reason is awful. I have no desire to be re-promoted, so I'm not going to waste my energy.

Shyguy was really active, and Atlas had the confidence to stop idiocy from spreading. I really hope you guys can find some responsible people to fill their positions, although I'd rather not see Shyguy go (I don't know Atlas too well, so I dunno.)

And I'll LOL if one off them is 2257. (Not because she's a bad whatever, but because of the context.)

Atlas said:
I don't think you realize how much of a dick move this is.

First of all, the Wiki staff has no power here. Stop getting involved in matters that don't concern you.
Secondly, we didn't get a chance to defend ourselves. We didn't even get to see the God damn conversation. Last I checked, there wasn't a damn thing mentioned in the mod board about this.
Thirdly, I'm a giant douchebag, though I always have a reason for acting so, and ShyGuy can be a jerk if he wants (which isn't even often. Have you even seen any of his posts lately?), but we were not only competent administrators and, you know, actually moderated, we were key in almost all of the decisions that required the attention of all of the mods. Not only are you guys acting in a shameful way by doing all of this apparently behind our backs and completely without warning, you don't even have a good justification. "Your poor behavior will influence new members and we don't want that"? Bull-fucking-shit, and you know it. That's the least believable and most contrived reason I've ever heard.

In short, come up with a damn good explanation next time or just ignore us outright. Don't pussyfoot around with fake answers and half-truths.

And, honestly, why the hell are you the one telling us all of this, 2257? You shouldn't even know about it, and yet you're the only one who is willing to talk to us about it. I'm not belittling you, if you take it as that. I'm just wondering why you all had the guts to demote us without so much as a mention, which is an incredibly ballsy move, but won't even come out and take credit for your actions. Come on, then. Step up. Who wanted us gone?

For the record, I have no problem with my demotion. I've almost nothing to say on the forums at this point. I have no idea what SG27's viewpoint is, but if he wants to stay an Admin, he's done nothing to deserve a demotion, and you haven't presented anything to the contrary.
I was about to say something like this but god damn Ninji you are eloquent.

All I have to add is that we have a way of getting things done around here, and if you really think that I'm a worse influence on new users than a storm of posts so bad we have hidden threads about which are worse than others, you can repromote me and go through this the proper way by proposing it to the mods and letting us debate it.

Doing it behind their backs does seem pretty cowardly. If you truly trying to portray mods in a good light, then demoting two mods behind their backs doesn't really help your cause at all.

Guys: Unless someone does something like join a site just to spam and troll, give them a warning.

Whether or not they should've been demoted is a moot point. Not giving them a warning is seriously uncool, guys.

We need more mods now.

Honestly, promoting me will not change anything. Like I said, I did almost nothing. I am not arguing that I must be repromoted. I want the administration to admit that they fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back