Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Edo's obviously well-thought-out-and-totally-not-reused reasoning :)

ummm..... yeah ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The crowd applauds MM1's efforts

I got yelled at the last time I posted a quote from the mod board but I think this is okay to do.

There haven't been enough of them to warrant a sub-board, and there's only, what, 1 running at a time?

Well, to whoever said that, please look at the post above and in the games forum. I would personally say that the problems out-weight that one argument.

Personally, I think an easier solution would be to have everyone not make a mafia game at exactly the same time.

The community is basically a giant blob of people who barely know each other. Getting coordination into that blob to make sure there is only one game thread at a time is tedious and, if the community is uncoordinated enough, nearly impossible. You can see the chaos in the games forum; it's a direct result of that problem. In fact, that is why mods exist: Because a community alone without leaders has a hard time to coordinate. The chaos in the games forum needs to be cleaned up, but bringing order into the mafia mess without a sub-forum would require the mods to keep an eye on the Mafia process and to step in when there is more than one game at a time (otherwise there will be chaos again).

That sounds like incredibly annoying work and hardly easier to me. However, having a sub-forum would really make things much easier for everyone on a long-term. As I said, a sub-forum won't harm anyone, it helps organization, it prevents unnecessary work, it is convenient for mods, forum-dwellers and even the players themselves. Plus, there are a dozen mafia-related topics in the games forum, so the argument that there isn't enough material for a sub-board doesn't hold water anymore. Also factor in how popular the game has become. In the near future, even more threads will have to be expected.

I'd like to finish this rant with a quote from SMB:

McDonalds Bros. said:
Making a board literally takes... a minute. :P

There's hardly any sensical argument against a mafia sub-board left. Everyone would profit from it. Mods, users, mafia players, everyone.

Honestly? I don't care either way.

Yes it's a bit cluttered but it's nothing crippling.

Several users have complained that it's hard to find certain topics in the mess of threads, and generally about the chaos in that forum. And the complaints are recurring.

These complaints alone should be enough to alert the mods that something is not right.

To be honest, I doubt anyone would use the search. >_>

Herr Shyguy said:
Honestly? I don't care either way.
Meh, you may not care, but a lot of the community does. Yes, your vote weighs in a lot since you are a forum administrator, but I'm pretty sure a sub-board will not kill anyone or harm the forums.

Heck, you can even make someone the local moderator of that sub-board.

So, you prefer to make a mockery of the people's opinions? oô

May I remind you that SMB supported the notion of having a sub-forum? if one of your own mods sees the benefits of a suggestion, that should make you think.

I don't know if you guys thoroughly talk about the decisions the forum administration makes, but there is enough material here that warrants another discussion about a mafia sub-forum. I hope the other mods will see the necessity of this discussion.

Just throwing this out there: the more you tell us how to do our jobs the more we'll be inclined to oppose you just on principle.

Also when I said I didn't care I meant I was neutral on the situation.

If you don't want input from the community, don't have a thread where people can post suggestions.

Easy math.

I didn't say that you can't make suggestions, but we've already decided on the issue for now.

Well, I can't argue with that.

But I'll place my faith in SMB, who approved of the idea, and I hope that the other mods will find it in themselves to look at the points that have been made today, and perhaps to reconsider their decision.

Maybe you want to oppose my suggestion just on principle, like Shyguy said, I don't know. Be aware, though, I am not making this suggestion for my own sake. I don't play mafia and I gain nothing from that sub-forum, nor do I lose anything if you oppose me. I just think it is a good idea that will help the people here.

This is my last post on that matter. My final statement, so to say. I hope it will be heard. Good day.

Yeah. Stooben's in charge of the whole thing so it'll be good to hear his opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back