Suggestions for Improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Here's my opinion on the matter. 30 days is a bit too short of a time period in my opinion; 60 days seems more fitting. It gives that subject 2 months to be revived, so long as it is a useful post.

That's what the rule is now.

Snake Man said:
Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Here's my opinion on the matter. 30 days is a bit too short of a time period in my opinion; 60 days seems more fitting. It gives that subject 2 months to be revived, so long as it is a useful post.

No it's not. :| 30 days, set in stone. If someone posts beyond that point, no matter what, 9 times out of 10 that topic will be locked. Only on rare occasions have we made exceptions. (Like the Mega Man 9 topic that was bumped by SolarBlaze.) The mods agreed that that bump was fine, but some of our members became upset because it was as if we weren't really enforcing a set-in-stone rule.

Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Snake Man said:
Stooby Dooby Doo said:

No it's not. :| 30 days, set in stone. If someone posts beyond that point, no matter what, 9 times out of 10 that topic will be locked. Only on rare occasions have we made exceptions. (Like the Mega Man 9 topic that was bumped by SolarBlaze.) The mods agreed that that bump was fine, but some of our members became upset because it was as if we weren't really enforcing a set-in-stone rule.

Lies.

If it adds something to the topic, it's allowed to be at most 60 days old. If it doesn't, it's closed after 30. I've said this before.

Snake Man said:
Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Snake Man said:
Stooby Dooby Doo said:

Lies.

If it adds something to the topic, it's allowed to be at most 60 days old. If it doesn't, it's closed after 30. I've said this before.
Another instance of making up rules on the spot? To anticipate your next comment, I present to you the rule, quoted straight from the rules:
14. Do not bump threads a month or more old, what's done is done.
Important parts bolded for your convenience.

Also, nice double post back there.

Snake Man said:
Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Snake Man said:
Stooby Dooby Doo said:

Lies.

Then let's make it an official rule. =)

Nooooo, my entire argument destroyed. >.<

I'll be back, just you wait.

LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
Another instance of making up rules on the spot? To anticipate your next comment, I present to you the rule, quoted straight from the rules:

Way to be a total jackass.

We're still rewriting the rules, remember?

Nobody gives a damn.

Stooby Dooby Doo said:

We're rewriting all of the rules, remember? The ones that are up are horribly outdated.

Snake Man said:
LarryTheCableGuy27 said:

We're still rewriting the rules, remember?

Nobody gives a damn.

Stooby Dooby Doo said:

We're rewriting all of the rules, remember? The ones that are up are horribly outdated.
1) How long does it take to rerwite like 16 rules? You can't use that as an excuse to just make stuff up. Also, way to be incognito with the flame there.

2) You're a f***ing mod, you should give a damn. Or not and we can all just double post. Remember:
Ninji said:
I'm not God.

3) <see #1 minus the flaming part>

Snake Man said:
Well, duh. That's why we mods have that nice 'modify' button -- so we can update things. :D

Also, keep it cool, guys. Don't make me lock you all up in the dungeon.

Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Snake Man said:
Well, duh. That's why we mods have that nice 'modify' button -- so we can update things. :D

Hey, he's the one double posting and flaming. I'm just pointing out rules. This place is so unfair...

LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Snake Man said:

Hey, he's the one double posting and flaming. I'm just pointing out rules. This place is so unfair...
I noticed.

But things always tend to go in a spiral. Just jumping in the water before it gets too hot.

I see, very wise indeed. Now when we both get banned, you can say "told you so".

LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
1) How long does it take to rerwite like 16 rules? You can't use that as an excuse to just make stuff up.

Except that I'm not making stuff up. Don't talk about what you don't know, it makes you seem like an idiot.

Also, way to be incognito with the flame there.

Way to be incognito with the whole "UR MAKIN STUFF UP WHEN YOU REALLY AREN'T OMG DOUBLE POST BAN BAN BAN BAN" thing.

2) You're a f***ing mod, you should give a damn. Or not and we can all just double post. Remember:
Ninji said:
I'm not God.

Since when did being a mod mean I have to be perfect? I didn't say I was God, you're just jumping to conclusions.

<see #1>

LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Snake Man said:

In an extremely snarky and jackass-y way. If you really were just doing this to poitn out the rules, you wouldn't be acting like a jackass. This is a witch hunt.

Looniju said:
If you are currently rewriting the rules, why don't you update them frequently?

Totally valid point. We might be doing that in the near future.

There should not be any rules that exist and are not there, or any rules that are there and don't exist.

Thus why we're rewriting them.

And just how long have you been in the process of rewriting these rules? Months? How long could it take?

To be fair, we have been doing other stuff, and real life always comes before the internet, etc., etc.

Metal Sonic said:
LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
1) How long does it take to rerwite like 16 rules? You can't use that as an excuse to just make stuff up.

Except that I'm not making stuff up. Don't talk about what you don't know, it makes you seem like an idiot.

Way to be incognito with the whole "UR MAKIN STUFF UP WHEN YOU REALLY AREN'T OMG DOUBLE POST BAN BAN BAN BAN" thing.

Ninji said:
I'm not God.

Since when did being a mod mean I have to be perfect? I didn't say I was God, you're just jumping to conclusions.

<see #1>

LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Snake Man said:

In an extremely snarky and jackass-y way. If you really were just doing this to poitn out the rules, you wouldn't be acting like a jackass. This is a witch hunt.
1) Proof that it's not made up or you're making stuff up. If there's no evidence that a random rule no one's ever seen was ever brought up before, people are going to assume that it's being made up. It's called common sense. Also, nice incognito flame again loser (look I can do it too).

2) You were making stuff up as far as anyone without access to where all these new rules are posted can tell.

3) You blatantly broke a rule and when it was pointed out you said "no one gives a damn". That's a bit beyond an imperfection.

4) <see #1>

5) Technically it's a ninji hunt.

Metal Sonic said:
Looniju said:
If you are currently rewriting the rules, why don't you update them frequently?
Totally valid point. We might be doing that in the near future.
Exactly that.

Looniju said:
Second most annoying mindset ever,
That doesn't make it untrue.

LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
You blatantly broke a rule and when it was pointed out you said "no one gives a damn". That's a bit beyond an imperfection.
Generally, the first double post results in a bunch of people telling you "don't double post". If it happens a second time, said offender gets a warning. If he does it again, he will receive a warning.

Ninji and SG27 said:

Also, nice incognito flame again loser (look I can do it too).

No.

LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
Metal Sonic said:
LarryTheCableGuy27 said:

Ninji said:
I'm not God.

<see #1>

LarryTheCableGuy27 said:
Stooby Dooby Doo said:
Snake Man said:

1) Proof that it's not made up or you're making stuff up. If there's no evidence that a random rule no one's ever seen was ever brought up before, people are going to assume that it's being made up. It's called common sense. Also, nice incognito flame again loser (look I can do it too).

2) You were making stuff up as far as anyone without access to where all these new rules are posted can tell.

3) You blatantly broke a rule and when it was pointed out you said "no one gives a damn". That's a bit beyond an imperfection.

4) <see #1>

5) Technically it's a ninji hunt.

1.) The fact that Stooben's acknowledged it means that I didn't just make it up. Also, I said it makes you look like an idiot. I didn't say you were an idiot.

2.) I've said this stuff before. You guys have bad memories or something.

3.) Because you were pointing out something just for the sake of getting me in trouble, not to enforce the rules. Don't make yourself seem better.

4.) This is a bit redundant.

5.) FAir enough.

My bad.

Looniju said:
Metal Sonic said:
To be fair, we have been doing other stuff, and real life always comes before the internet, etc., etc.
Second most annoying mindset ever, right after "It's the 21st century, all fictional female characters need to be able to kill any of the male characters from whatever work of fiction they're from. Because we can't be sexist, you know".
But that has nothing to do with this.
I'm just sick of that and had nowhere else to say it.

'K.

It's still true.

1) I acknowledge the fact that it exists, but it's hard to tell that you're not making it up when you just say stuff.

2) Fair enough.

3) That doesn't change facts. Also, it would seem you have yet to merge the two posts.

4) Agreed.

The Bowser skin should be completed within a few days. :D

Stooby Dooby Doo said:
You're just saying that to change the subject.

I only said blue as it is actually quite a relaxing colour.:) Red can lead to stress.:P For example,we get rid of the red backgrounds,and replace them with a blue colour.:D Isn't that right,Happy Happiest?
Happy Happiest:Blue,Blue...
Jolly good! :posh:

Hyper Guy said:
I only said blue as it is actually quite a relaxing colour.:) Red can lead to stress.:P For example,we get rid of the red backgrounds,and replace them with a blue colour.:D Isn't that right,Happy Happiest?
Happy Happiest:Blue,Blue...
Jolly good! :posh:

No.

WiFi said:
Stooby Dooby Doo said:
You're just saying that to change the subject.

Or maybe because (*gasp*) it's almost done. Ever think of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back