Nintendo Faces Lawsuit Over 3DS

King DDD said:
Luigi Mansion in 3D in gamecube? What is that?

A concept that never got accomplished

People, you know it's all about who got the patents first?
Nobody cares about which company used it first, or made the idea, they only care about who've registered the patent, or who've paid for it.

Seriously. What's next? Nintendo getting sued for making video games "because someone else did it first"?

>>Koopa Kid
They mean the 3D display, not 3D graphics.

>>Blue Shell
Then they'd be sued like 25 years ago.

Now I know why the 3DS is having a price cut.

Nintendo wants as many people to buy 3DSs before Nintendo has to stop production of the 3DS.

I have high hopes that Nintendo will win, but just in case...

Otherwise :mario: Kart 7, Super :mario: 3D Land, Paper :mario:, :luigi:'s Mansion 2 and Sonic Generations 3DS might not see release. D:

SKmarioman said:
Otherwise :mario: Kart 7, Super :mario: 3D Land, Paper :mario:, :luigi:'s Mansion 2 and Sonic Generations 3DS might not see release. D:
Or they would just put them on another system.

babyElectric said:
Seriously. What's next? Nintendo getting sued for making video games "because someone else did it first"?
Welcome to the wonderful world of patent trolls.
1337 said:
I just hope Nintendo wins.
I hope they lose. Big business shouldn't get away with taking someone else's IP.

Still, the guy suing should redefine his terms. It's pretty unreasonable to demand the production of the 3DS to be stopped.

Fawfulfury65 said:
SKmarioman said:
Or they would just put them on another system.

Then I would have bought my 3DS for nothing. (I posted this on my 3DS internet browser btw)

I don't care if the other company wins the case, so long as 3DS production continues. To demand a complete halt this early in the system's history is unreasonable.

Toad85 said:
I don't care if the other company wins the case, so long as 3DS production continues. To demand a complete halt this early in the system's history is unreasonable.
Yeah, that might be the case

Jerry said:
Toad85 said:
Yeah, that might be the case
No they will settle prolly for millions upon millions of monies. Because Nintendo has a huge legal team and this guy wont be able to fight them alone

yoshidude99 said:
I gotta make sure my parents don't see this or my chances of getting a 3DS will be even worse.
Just tell them the truth... That Nintendo is always being sued

Every hardware company sues another hardware company.
Look at my example with cell phones, inside this thread.

They'll bounce back. Sony lost $171 million from the PlayStation Network outages earlier this year, but they're still holding on.

Back