Mario Golf discussion

MCS

Donkey Kong
I felt like making a thread where we can discuss the overlooked game series Mario Golf.

The only one I have is Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, and man, is it fun! I love how they included Super Mario Sunshine references and let you play as Shadow Mario, Petey Piranha, and Bowser Jr.!

I had fun with this game. I haven't played it recently. I might pop it in later.

Whittle said:
Really? I heard it was terrible.
You've heard wrong. Toadstool Tour is the single best sport spinoff game, imo. There's a surprising amount of depth to the gameplay.

Why, oh why did Camelot stop making these awesome Mario Sport games (Mario Golf and Mario Tennis kicked butt)

Mario Golf was a rather fun Mario sports series. Not one of my personal favourites; however, the games were still fun to play. Unfortunately, it seems that Wii Sports seems to have hogged up the glory of the Mario sports titles once the Wii was launched.

Still there is a chance the series will return. If it does, Toad better appear as a playable character. :toad:

They could always remake it for Wii U or 3DS. I mean, it's been 8 years since the last Mario Golf game. The best thing they could do is to reboot it. Maybe add new characters and special modes. Wi-Fi competing, maybe. It's just so underrated it's scary.

Nega-Man said:
They could always remake it for Wii U or 3DS. I mean, it's been 8 years since the last Mario Golf game. The best thing they could do is to reboot it. Maybe add new characters and special modes. Wi-Fi competing, maybe. It's just so underrated it's scary.
Just as long as they don't include any of those weird human characters.

Yick.

I've never played Mario Golf...always been more into the tennis games.

Funny how I haven't complained yet about the lack of Baby Mario in Mario Toadstool Tour and the lack of Baby Luigi overall in the Mario Golf games.

Baby Luigi said:
Funny how I haven't complained yet about the lack of Baby Mario in Mario Toadstool Tour and the lack of Baby Luigi overall in the Mario Golf games.

Who are you, and what have you done with BLOF?

Mario4Ever said:
Baby Luigi said:

Who are you, and what have you done with BLOF?

I ate her. Then I killed her

OT: I'm happy that Camelot is making Mario Tennis games again. Mario Golf was a really fun game and I really loved the taunts in Toadstool Tour and the bogey animations.

Daisy: Seriously, are you aiming THERE?

I love that.

Toad2012 said:
Nega-Man said:

Yick.

Oh god please no.

Baby Luigi said:
OT: I'm happy that Camelot is making Mario Tennis games again. Mario Golf was a really fun game and I really loved the taunts in Toadstool Tour and the bogey animations.

I love that.

I loved them too. Especially Wario's rock suicide. And I love all the Super Mario Sunshine references. And the music is just so peaceful.

Also BLOF, at least we got Baby Mario. Now if we got Baby Luigi, that's a whole 'nother story there.

Nega-Man said:
Toad2012 said:
Nega-Man said:

Yick.

Oh god please no.

Sigh, it just upsets me they put these weird human characters in but not Baby Luigi -_-

Nega-Man said:
Baby Luigi said:

I love that.

I loved them too. Especially Wario's rock suicide. And I love all the Super Mario Sunshine references. And the music is just so peaceful.

Dat rock suicide's da best

Oh, BLOF, I know you love Wario's animations. :P

Imagine Baby Luigi's winning animation if he was in Mario Golf. Badassery, I tell ya.

And yeah, I hate those damn human characters. They ruin the Mario spirit and make the games seem like generic sports games.

Nega-Man said:

Imagine Baby Luigi's winning animation if he was in Mario Golf. Badassery, I tell ya.

And yeah, I hate those damn human characters. They ruin the Mario spirit and make the games seem like generic sports games.

At least in the handheld versions, there's a reason they're there.

Nega-Man said:

Baby Mario getting a point in Mario Tennis 64 is awesome enough but it will be even more awesome if Baby Luigi did it. I would also like to view his bogey animations too, that would be hilarious. I mean, look at Wario, Boo, Petey Piranha, and Diddy Kong making a fool out of themselves.

I haven't seen Boo's yet (haven't unlocked them yet), but Petey Piranha's weird utterings are just downright hilarious. Oh, and when you pick a character on the start screen, they do some weird dance all the time. Waluigi's always cracks me up.

LOL I remember Waluigi's. I also like Luigi's dance as well.

You can watch all animations on YouTube

LUIGI! LUIGI! OH YEAH! OH YEAH! Love that.

I know. I've seen the videos countless times. It's funny when characters utter something and it supposedly means something in English. (Petey Piranha for example). It's also kinda weird hearing Bowser talk, since he doesn't really talk much.

Also, don't you find it weird that all of Shadow Mario's taunts are just ellipsis (or several of them)?

Nega-Man said:
LUIGI! LUIGI! OH YEAH! OH YEAH! Love that.

I know. I've seen the videos countless times. It's funny when characters utter something and it supposedly means something in English. (Petey Piranha for example). It's also kinda weird hearing Bowser talk, since he doesn't really talk much.

Also, don't you find it weird that all of Shadow Mario's taunts are just ellipsis (or several of them)?

I like it better when they actually talk

"Not bad, for you!"
"Only cheaters mess up."
"Waah, this looks too easy."

Back