Mario Parties

Which Mario Party is the Best, out of these?

• Mario Party 4

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Mario Party 5

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Mario Party 6

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Mario Party 7

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, Mario Party 6 was the best out of the 4.

You know you can just go to the main wiki to get the info you need right? Besides, it'd be better than having us decide for you. Which Mario Party we think is the best might not be what you think is the best when you play them (i.e. MP5 is a frowned upon game by everybody, but I like it aside from the 2v2 mini-games). Basically, what I'm trying to say is everyone has different opinions. Only you can decide which of those games is the best.

Well, I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. Opinions are biased, what if we all have the same opinion and recommend the same MP, but it turns out to be a huge dissapointment for him? Or if we all have different opinions and he can't decide (i.e. someone tells him Mario Party 4 sucks, but someone else tells him Mario Party 4 is awesome)? If he researches the games on the wiki, he'll know what each one is like and have the info he needs to make his decision.

He could do both. It would be more helpful for him to have our opinions and the facts from the wiki.

I prefer Mario Party 4 for the minigames. Mario Party 5's Super Duel Mode was very fun, but it's the only thing I remember from that game. Mario Party 6 was disappointing for me in terms of minigames, but it did have the the microphone minigames if that interests you.

Not played any of them. But 7 looks the best to me.

Here's how I feel about them. Mario Party 4's boards had like no life; it was boring and bland(except for Toad's Midway Madness and Shy Guy's Jungle Jam). However, I did like the lottery event and those mini mini-games. The mini-games were good. Mario Party 5's boards were horrible, especially with the item system. It's stupid how you have to pay to use capsules on yourself and that there's capsules that can even hinder yourself(like the Hammer Bro or Piranha Plant) and again, the boards were boring. The mini-games make up for it though. Mario Party 6 was the best Mario Party to me. It had great boards, a good item system, great mini-games and I liked the day and night feature. Sure the story may seem kiddish and bland, but I found that the rest of the game made up for it. Music was good. Honestly, there were no boards I hated, but Castaway Bay was my least favorite. It's too gimmicky with Bowser and DK swapping places. E.Gadd's Garage was my favorite board. You can get awesome orbs there(I'm such a Mario Party 6 nerd for knowing which orbs are on which boards :P), had great music and fun events(like stealing coins or setting up the traps). I also liked that you might find coins when you use an orb. Mario Party 7 wasn't so great to me. I hated the Bowser time feature, Koopa Kid wasn't playable(he's my 2nd favorite character), some of the orbs got downgraded(like the zap orb; in Mario Party 6 you lost 5 coins each time you passed it, Mario party 7 changed it to 3 and the warp pipe orb was a huge wtf for being a roadblock). And plus there weren't many mini-games in each category(seriously? 13 4 player mini-games?) and they f***ed up dueling. Instead of wagering what you want, your reward is random and worse you might not get anything(unless you're in last place; last place is always guaranteed to win something). Man, did I say a lot :P Hope this helps you decide. If you`re actually wondering, I did copy and paste this from the huge post I made in the Mario Party 9 topic :P

yoshi123 said:
Here's how I feel about them. Mario Party 4's boards had like no life; it was boring and bland(except for Toad's Midway Madness and Shy Guy's Jungle Jam). However, I did like the lottery event and those mini mini-games. The mini-games were good. Mario Party 5's boards were horrible, especially with the item system. It's stupid how you have to pay to use capsules on yourself and that there's capsules that can even hinder yourself(like the Hammer Bro or Piranha Plant) and again, the boards were boring. The mini-games make up for it though. Mario Party 6 was the best Mario Party to me. It had great boards, a good item system, great mini-games and I liked the day and night feature. Sure the story may seem kiddish and bland, but I found that the rest of the game made up for it. Music was good. Honestly, there were no boards I hated, but Castaway Bay was my least favorite. It's too gimmicky with Bowser and DK swapping places. E.Gadd's Garage was my favorite board. You can get awesome orbs there(I'm such a Mario Party 6 nerd for knowing which orbs are on which boards :P), had great music and fun events(like stealing coins or setting up the traps). I also liked that you might find coins when you use an orb. Mario Party 7 wasn't so great to me. I hated the Bowser time feature, Koopa Kid wasn't playable(he's my 2nd favorite character), some of the orbs got downgraded(like the zap orb; in Mario Party 6 you lost 5 coins each time you passed it, Mario party 7 changed it to 3 and the warp pipe orb was a huge wtf for being a roadblock). And plus there weren't many mini-games in each category(seriously? 13 4 player mini-games?) and they f***ed up dueling. Instead of wagering what you want, your reward is random and worse you might not get anything(unless you're in last place; last place is always guaranteed to win something).

tl;dr version:Mario Party 6 is the best.
Fix'd ;)

yoshi123 said:
Here's how I feel about them. Mario Party 4's boards had like no life; it was boring and bland(except for Toad's Midway Madness and Shy Guy's Jungle Jam). However, I did like the lottery event and those mini mini-games. The mini-games were good. Mario Party 5's boards were horrible, especially with the item system. It's stupid how you have to pay to use capsules on yourself and that there's capsules that can even hinder yourself(like the Hammer Bro or Piranha Plant) and again, the boards were boring. The mini-games make up for it though. Mario Party 6 was the best Mario Party to me. It had great boards, a good item system, great mini-games and I liked the day and night feature. Sure the story may seem kiddish and bland, but I found that the rest of the game made up for it. Music was good. Honestly, there were no boards I hated, but Castaway Bay was my least favorite. It's too gimmicky with Bowser and DK swapping places. E.Gadd's Garage was my favorite board. You can get awesome orbs there(I'm such a Mario Party 6 nerd for knowing which orbs are on which boards :P), had great music and fun events(like stealing coins or setting up the traps). I also liked that you might find coins when you use an orb. Mario Party 7 wasn't so great to me. I hated the Bowser time feature, Koopa Kid wasn't playable(he's my 2nd favorite character), some of the orbs got downgraded(like the zap orb; in Mario Party 6 you lost 5 coins each time you passed it, Mario party 7 changed it to 3 and the warp pipe orb was a huge wtf for being a roadblock). And plus there weren't many mini-games in each category(seriously? 13 4 player mini-games?) and they f***ed up dueling. Instead of wagering what you want, your reward is random and worse you might not get anything(unless you're in last place; last place is always guaranteed to win something). Man, did I say a lot :P Hope this helps you decide. If you`re actually wondering, I did copy and paste this from the huge post I made in the Mario Party 9 topic :P
The most largest piece of text to be found on these forums.

There were longer, but he writes it without Enters, making it confusing to read.

yoshi123 said:

You should try using paragraphs. They work wonders.

Roll said:
You know you can just go to the main wiki to get the info you need right? Besides, it'd be better than having us decide for you. Which Mario Party we think is the best might not be what you think is the best when you play them (i.e. MP5 is a frowned upon game by everybody, but I like it aside from the 2v2 mini-games). Basically, what I'm trying to say is everyone has different opinions. Only you can decide which of those games is the best.
I already read the articles, but I want people's opinions.

Looks like 6 is winning so far

What are you looking for from a Mario Party game?

Ah, well then you're pretty much looking for Mario Party 6. I personally wouldn't recommended it because I didn't like the minigames, but it sounds like it suits you.

Leonyx said:
Ah, well then you're pretty much looking for Mario Party 6. I personally wouldn't recommended it because I didn't like the minigames, but it sounds like it suits you.
Cool. That was the one I was thinking too.

Mario Party 2

Mario Party 5.

Why hasn't anyone suggested this? This was THE Mario Party game for the GameCube. THE.

Mario Party 6. Not only Toadette is playable, the boards are overall fun and the orb system rocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back