POLL: Who do you think is Mario's most helpful ally?

Who's Mario's most helpful ally?

• Luigi

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Peach

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Toad (includes Toadsworth, Toadette and the Toad Brigade)

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Bowser

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wario

• DK

• Baby Mario and Baby Luigi

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Paper Mario partners

• Are you kidding me? He doesn't need anyone's help! He's Mario!

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • They're all helpful.

• FLUDD

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Rosalina

• Total voters

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Just like my Biggest Threat thread, except this time we discuss who helps Mario the most. Personally, I think everyone in the poll is helpful to Mario to a certain degree, but my vote would go to Yoshi, since he did break Baby Mario's fall in Yoshi's Island. Without Yoshi, Baby Mario would've gone ka-SPLAT! upon hitting the ground and died and as for Baby Luigi, I see two alternative possibilities for him.
1. He would've grown up to become a member of the Koopa Troop.

2. Kamek and Baby Bowser could've executed him.

Thus, without Yoshi, Mario and Luigi wouldn't have grown up into the heroes that they are now.

So, what do you guys think?

Luigi and Yoshi.

Without Luigi, Mario would be stuck in a painting, without Yoshi, well I'm sure you guys've played Yoshi's Island.

The player themselves. They're the ones that guide Mario on his dangerous quests.

What Ser Espiel said, basically.

Pretty much what Crash and Gamefreak said.

I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't have made it through Paper Mario without every partner past Goombario.

Added a couple more options after I forgot them. Silly me.

Crash, I sort of disagree with Luigi, as it was because of Luigi that Mario got trapped in King Boo's portrait to begin with as Luigi didn't stop to think that he never entered a contest. I do have to give him points for being brave though as he did prove he's every bit as brave as Mario.

Point made, but... You could also include (Dare I say it) Mario is Missing, or the moments in Superstar Saga.

Well, I never said Luigi was useless or anything along those lines. Just that he was responsible for getting Mario in trouble in the first place.

And yeah, (dare I also say it) Mario is Missing, Superstar Saga along with some other games did prove that Luigi is a valuable ally, that's why I put him on the poll.

ToadSoul64 said:
Well, I never said Luigi was useless or anything along those lines. Just that he was responsible for getting Mario in trouble in the first place.

And yeah, (dare I also say it) Mario is Missing, Superstar Saga along with some other games did prove that Luigi is a valuable ally, that's why I put him on the poll.

I never said that you said Luigi was useless or anything along those lines. (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist saying that.)

Yoshi, can't think of anything else.

Without Peach, there is no game really. So I picked her first.

Then Yoshi, for the reasons stated above.

My vote's gotta go to FLUDD. Without FLUDD, Mario would've been carrying around a mop and heavy bucket of water for quite a while.

They're all helpful.

• Without Luigi, Mario wouldn't have anyone to save when they were infants in YI. He helps him with brotherly love.
  • Without Peach, Mario wouldn't have anyone to save from Bowser. She helps him with true love.
  • Without Toad(s), Mario would have nothing to out-class. They help his self-esteem.
  • Without Yoshi, Mario would have nothing to sacrifice for his extra boost on the Twin Bridges in Dinosaur Land. Yoshi helps him find all 96 exits.
  • Without Bowser, Mario wouldn't have anyone to fight, and he wouldn't meet his friends. Bowser unwittingly helps him build friendships.
  • Without Wario, Mario wouldn't have a sparring partner. Wario helps his charisma.
  • Without DK, Mario wouldn't have gone through the intense training to help him accomplish his superhuman jumping ability, temporarily naming him Jump Man. DK helped with his agility.
  • Without his baby self, Baby Mario, he wouldn't have been born. That helps his existence.
  • Without Baby Luigi, he would have nothing to save the first time. Perhaps Baby Bowser and Kamek would have gotten their claws on Mario with only one baby to kidnap. Who knows? They could have raised him to be evil. This helps Mario's idea of good and evil.
  • Without the Paper Mario Partners, Mario would have been officially screwed. They helped him save the day twice (not counting 3DS.) I'm aware it was two sets of partners but they seem to be lumped into one category.
  • Without Rosalina, Mario wouldn't have learned to control his lust to stay with Peach. She helped his faithfulness.
  • Without FLUDD, Mario would have never learned the meaning of life. This helped him attain enlightenment.

Mariomario64 said:
Pansear said:
  • Without FLUDD, Mario would have never learned the meaning of life. This helped him attain enlightenment.
What?
Okay fine without FLUDD, Mario wouldn't have been able to clean up the mess on Delfino Island. FLUDD helped his environmental awareness.

what about Paper partners? since there are too many useful characters

and Nintendo seldom let them go with Mario in main games, it's hard to compare

I can only say Peach and Luigi in the familiarity?

Pansear said:
They're all helpful.

• Luigi provides Mario with help in certain 2 man situations.
    Even when kidnapped, Peach lends Mario a helping hand by sending Mario some important info or sending him power-ups.
    Toad provides Mario with power-ups to help him out on his adventure.
    Yoshi's the reason Mario exists in the first place.
    Bowser provides Mario with some much-needed assistance when faced with villains bigger than both of them.
    Wario desire for revenge really helped out in SM64DS and Mario Super Sluggers.
    Without DK, Mario wouldn't have gone through the intense training to help him accomplish his superhuman jumping ability, temporarily naming him Jump Man. DK helped with his agility.
    The babies saved their future selves from the Shroobs twice via Partners In Time, once in Holli Jolli Village and again in the Vim Factory thus saving their future, literally.
    Without the Paper Mario Partners, Mario would have been officially screwed. They helped him save the day twice (not counting 3DS.) I'm aware it was two sets of partners but they seem to be lumped into one category.
    Without Rosalina, Mario wouldn't have learned to control his lust to stay with Peach. She helped his faithfulness.
    Without FLUDD, Mario would have never learned the meaning of life. This helped him attain enlightenment.

fixed

Yoshi is not mario's dad, mario would have not lived if he had not landed on yoshi's lsland and if kamek got both babies mario would of been evil.

Back