Mario Kart 7

I'm actually looking forward to the one lap courses. Less laps may equate to a longer course which I might replay in the future.

Baby Luigi said:
I'm actually pretty neutral on Rainbow Road having one lap. Usually, courses with one lap are pretty long.

I can't vision N64 Rainbow Road being 1-lap only if it gets reused.

Smugleaf said:
That's ONM, not Nintendo Power, but thanks.
You're welcome. Just a minor oversight on my part.

In other news, a massive one-lap Rainbow Road, if done right, should turn out to be spectacular. No worries there. Also looking forward to SNES Rainbow Road, if not for that catchy music.

Wow, I'm surprised to know that the last retro track is gonna be SNES Rainbow Road :toad: I knew something was wrong with the tracks in the Lightening Cup because if they'd include 3 N64 tracks and 3 NGC tracks, the Lightening Cup would end up with 2 NGC tracks, what would be odd.

Anyway, it was a nice surprise! :D

Yoshbert said:
In other news, a massive one-lap Rainbow Road, if done right, should turn out to be spectacular. No worries there. Also looking forward to SNES Rainbow Road, if not for that catchy music.
Yeah, can't wait to listen the new arrangement of this music!!
Rainbow_Dash_-_so_awesome-%28n1297652652600%29.jpg

About the 1-lap thing, where is this info from? I just hope this isn't Nintendo ruining it... :/

No Waluigi huh? It might be that nintendo adds him later through DLC (from what I read about 3DS dlc it's not that far fetched), but I still doubt they will.

I doubt they'd add him as DLC. I mean, Birdo hasn't been in a spin-off for a little bit, so maybe Waluigi is following down that path.

Since when did the 3DS have DLC support?! People must be confusing the 3DS with the PS3 right now.

Well when I see it, I'm getting it.

Rainbow Road one lap? Well Nintendo are trying to make all races be under 3 mins but I would aim to make them over 3 mins. :'(

Skull Kid said:
Well when I see it, I'm getting it.

Rainbow Road one lap? Well Nintendo are trying to make all races be under 3 mins but I would aim to make them over 3 mins. :'(

And I don't understand what is it for... The SNES Rainbow Road is not a big course. :toad: Unless they are planning to make major changes in the course, what would be bad :-\ (knocking on wood)

I believe it is the Mario Kart 7 modern Rainbow Road that will only be consisting of one lap. Nothing has been said about the SNES Rainbow Road having one lap from what I have seen.

Baby Luigi said:
I'm actually looking forward to the one lap courses. Less laps may equate to a longer course which I might replay in the future.

Me too, it eliminates any possible repetition and allows for a lot more to be added to the course.

Propeller Toad said:
I believe it is the Mario Kart 7 modern Rainbow Road that will only be consisting of one lap. Nothing has been said about the SNES Rainbow Road having one lap from what I have seen.
Oh, right... I was thinking wrong then, sorry :P

Mijzelffan said:
MnSG said:
Since when did the 3DS have DLC support?! People must be confusing the 3DS with the PS3 right now.

-.-'

Go google "3DS DLC" and read any article that comes up.

Forgive me if I'm acting stupid. I just don't own a 3DS right now.

I like a majority of the choices. While I sort of wish the N64 races weren't all from the same cup (Luigi Raceway, Koopa Troopa Beach, Kalimari Desert were all from Mushroom Cup) those tracks are still awesome. Kalimari Desert I put up a solid "YES" for in my head.

Also I'm interesting in seeing Rosalina's Ice World and Bowser Neo City (Avoiding videos for all the tracks, I want to see all of these new courses in their entirety as a first-time experience. Because by the time you play the game alot you'll memorize the courses anyway.

Yoshidude99 said:
I got confused who was and wasn't on my team

Are you colorblinded?

Northern Verve said:
Also I'm interesting in seeing Rosalina's Ice World and Bowser Neo City (Avoiding videos for all the tracks, I want to see all of these new courses in their entirety as a first-time experience. Because by the time you play the game alot you'll memorize the courses anyway.

Same here, those tracks look awesome

The only problem I would have for SNES Rainbow Road is heavyweights :-\

I love the inclusion of the Airship Fortress, if only because Rocky Wrenches are on it, and they're my second favorite Mario enemy.

The SNES Rainbow Road is a great choice, because I never managed to unlocked it as a kid... I managed to play it much later, using a cheat code... And I sucked at it.

I played SNES Rainbow Road only through Super Circuit. So, no rainbow Thwomps for me, at least yet.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7NTFs9uoLsg#t=13s[/youtube]

The blue shells flies without wings.

Seems to me that the spiny shell was gliding off that ramp in order to hit Luigi while he was airborne; thus, it looked like the shell was flying. But then again, I could be wrong. Also the 7 item seems to be really broken (or does it?).

The Blue Shell chases along the ground then hovers over the player in 1st. It said on the wiki a few days ago.

EDIT: The wiki says that the main 8 (Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, peach, Bowser, DK, Toad & Koopa) are unlocked from the start and the rest (including newcomers) are unlockable.
I'm thinking by beating the Retro or Nitro Cups, you unlock a character, that would make sense. If thats the case though, I'd have to play a heck of alot to get me some Metal Mario driving. His voice sounds pretty cool. even if its just a distorted Mario voice. I like it.

Propeller Toad said:
Seems to me that the spiny shell was gliding off that ramp in order to hit Luigi while he was airborne; thus, it looked like the shell was flying. But then again, I could be wrong. Also the 7 item seems to be really broken (or does it?).

It appears the 7 item could either be the item of your dreams or your worst nightmare.

Back