Kirby's Mass Attack!

CharizardLover said:
Epic Nitwit said:
I bought this a few days ago, I'm up to the 2nd world. It's pretty fun so far, I like some of the minigames they put in.
My favorite is Kirby Quest. That is insanely fun.

Yeah, I like it too. But it seems kinda funny to be able keep attacking for as long as you get a good, great, or awesome.

Epic Nitwit said:
CharizardLover said:
Epic Nitwit said:
I bought this a few days ago, I'm up to the 2nd world. It's pretty fun so far, I like some of the minigames they put in.
My favorite is Kirby Quest. That is insanely fun.

Yeah, I like it too. But it seems kinda funny to be able keep attacking for as long as you get a good, great, or awesome.
Yeah, I almost completed the first chapter wondering how the heck you can lose.

TEN Kirbys? What a nightmare... Twenty can play at this game!
Did you get the reference?

So I FINALLY started playing this game, and it's certainly a LOT different from ANY Kirby game made to this point. I like that, it's unique and gives the series a bit more variety.

The villain, Necrodeus, feels a little weird, he just shows up out of nowhere, claiming he's going to shroud the land in darkness. Why?

Well, he's just evil, I suppose. But he's leader of the "Skull Gang", what does this game do? At least with the Squeak Squad, they were thieves, but what is the ultimate goal of this Skull Gang? Hell, why does he even need a gang, he has a magic wand that can split Kirby into 10 Kirbys, making them all weak and easy to pick off? Why'd he leave on Kirby? Did he miss him? Did he think this one Kirby with 1/10 of his normal strength wouldn't be a threat? Did he KNOW that Kirby can summon his other Kirbys after eating enough food or something?

This intro BEGS for a more in-depth explanation, but hey, at least Kirby's not going on an epic quest to save his strawberry shortcake. :rolleyes:

I also like the music, especially the title screen music. Very addicting. 8)

Funny I should mention Squeak Squad, because after I beat the fifth stage, who should show up but Daroach, "captain of the treasure-hunting Squeaks"! Apparently he wants the gold medals that I've been finding throughout the stages... And is willing to give me hints on how to find them! That's nice, considering he was once a bad guy...

You know, I always did like the Squeaks, and I was hoping they'd appear in more games! :)

Speaking of anime references, I just remembered another one. Only reason I found it out was because I just finished watching the episode before playing. :yoshi:

This song:

is based off the song sang by the Twin Nuts in the Kirby anime, at least the rhythm.

Pretty neat.

Odd, I don't recall seeing that episode... Looking at it, it seems like an obvious shout-out to Mothra, and it's also neat that the Kirby games refer back to the anime. Actually, before the animel came around, was it merely implied that the Waddle Dees served King Dedede, or was there actual proof?

This Game is awesome you can make lots of kirbys appear Gamefreak75 i watch Kirby right back at ya I LOVE IT

Smashgoom202 said:
Odd, I don't recall seeing that episode... Looking at it, it seems like an obvious shout-out to Mothra, and it's also neat that the Kirby games refer back to the anime. Actually, before the animel came around, was it merely implied that the Waddle Dees served King Dedede, or was there actual proof?
Well, not that I know of but it could be in Dream Land 3. Look at the innocent Waddle Dee getting possessed as well.

I don't see why a Waddle Dee would get possessed by Dark Matter in Kirby's Dream Land 3, when there are Waddle Dees EVERYWHERE in that game. Are you saying one generic Waddle Dee got possessed for whatever reason?

Smashgoom202 said:
I don't see why a Waddle Dee would get possessed by Dark Matter in Kirby's Dream Land 3, when there are Waddle Dees EVERYWHERE in that game. Are you saying one generic Waddle Dee got possessed for whatever reason?

Well, in the opening cutscene for Kirby's Dreamland 3, it shows the bosses getting possesed by Dark Matter, and there's a Waddle Dee next to King Dedede. I have no idea if he got possesed or not, but he was there in the castle.

So while playing this game, I seem to get this vibe that Kirby's an inhuman monster... I kind of always had that small feeling in the back of my head whenever I play some Kirby games, seeing as Kirby always swallows and eats EVERYTHING in his path, even creatures that don't seem to be trying to hurt him.

The point where I felt the line was drawn is on stage 7 of level 1 in Kirby Mass Attack, wherein Kirby attacks a defenseless egg then proceeds to attack the flying baby creatures that come out of it in order to get the fruits and medal they have. Does anyone see how... disturbing this is? :-[

I tend to think of Kirby as the organic Poltergust 3000. Simply put, he's ALWAYS hungry

I think those enemies are perceived as threats and that Kirby recognizes them as creatures working for the enemy. It's not randomly running around and mobbing creatures.

That's how it seems like, most of the time... Like I said with the egg example, and there are a BUNCH of enemies that don't look like they're affiliated with the bad guy in any way, OR look like they plan to harm Kirby, yet Kirby just attacks and its them, or in this case, literally DOES mob enemies with himself.

^Well... stuff like this happens all the time in video games.

Well, video games aren't really supposed to be ethical. Look at PETA's attempt to make Mario "ethical"

At least with Mario's case, ALL the enemies in that game are most definitely either monsters or specifically affiliated with Bowser or whoever the bad guy is... which is usually Bowser. Yeah, yeah, I saw that one Brawl in the Family comic, but you know what? I can't help it if I'm trying to get through and they're in the way. If you want to blame someone, blame Bowser for being so careless with his minions... or stupid... He actually ENCOURAGES Goombas to keep marching forward to certain death!

Back