Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Howdy.

Thought never crossed my mind.

Spike is uninteresting so your friends' are not being consistent.

Uniju said:
Spike is uninteresting so your friends' are not being consistent.
that's what i thought. Spike is a bit bland of a character in my opinion, but that only backs their point up

Cheerilee said:
They say it is because all males are either dumb, bad role models or uninteresting.
Except spike
Well, let's see who we have main and supporting character wise:

Spike-One dimensional
Big Macintosh-Hardly says anything besides "Yep" and "Nope"
Snips and Snails-They're like rocks.
Discord-Villain
Doctor Whooves-Background character

I think all the pets are guys besides Opalescence.

Well, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe one of the people who first started the show, Laurn Faust, is a feminist.

So sexist toward males? I doubt it. Lack of males isn't enough to make it sexist. The show's target audience (at least originally) was little girls. If it promoted the idea that all males are stupid, or something along those lines, then I suppose it would be sexist.

if you're going to accuse MLP of being sexist for not having many heroic male characters, then you can accuse the mario games of being sexist for only having one female (Peach), and you can accuse the Transformers franchise of being sexist for having no female robots whatsoever as far as I know.

Nosferatu Man said:
if you're going to accuse MLP of being sexist for not having many heroic male characters, then you can accuse the mario games of being sexist for only having one female (Peach), and you can accuse the Transformers franchise of being sexist for having no female robots whatsoever as far as I know.
You may want to check your facts.

Mario females: Peach, Daisy, Rosalina (That's 3)

I believe there might be a female Transformer in the newest (and best) incarnation.

Still, that's no excuse for calling the show "sexist".

Magikrazy said:
Nosferatu Man said:

I believe there might be a female Transformer in the newest (and best) incarnation.

...I'm not calling them sexist.

Re-read my comment.

Nosferatu Man said:
Magikrazy said:
Nosferatu Man said:

...I'm not calling them sexist.

Re-read my comment.
I was referring to whoever called MLP sexist for lack of males, not you.

Magikrazy said:
I was referring to whoever called MLP sexist for lack of males, not you.
It isn't because of the lack of males (there isn't), it's...

Cheerilee said:
They say it is [sexist] because all [the] males are either dumb, bad role models or uninteresting.
Except Spike
Let's see...
Dumb - Silver Spoon
Bad Role Model - Trixie

Vocal Beat said:
Cheerilee said:
They say it is [sexist] because all [the] males are either dumb, bad role models or uninteresting.
Except Spike
Let's see...
Dumb - Silver Spoon
Bad Role Model - Trixie
THE CONCLUSION? Everyone in MLP is either dumb, a bad role model or uninteresting.
(btw Trixie is the best role model)
On another note, did anyone notice how Applejack and Big Mac switched roles when they were angry at the CMC? That was awesome.

Magikrazy said:
Nosferatu Man said:

You forgot Toadette, Goombella, Wendy O. Koopa, etc.

Toad85 said:
Magikrazy said:
Nosferatu Man said:

You forgot Toadette, Goombella, Wendy O. Koopa, etc.
I was just talking about main human females.

Okay, time to get this out of the way.
I... Did not like this so much. The middle was entertaining, with the movie clips and such, but overall it just felt disappointing. The end letter to Celestia felt like the writers had to shoehorn a moral on at the last minute that didn't really fit the episode, and Applejack - just what happened to her? Why didn't she say much during the episode? I suspected that it was most likely the ponies who had eaten the cake but... How? How could they just sabotage their friend like that? It was very unethical and they even tried to cover it up. It saddens me. So yeah, didn't like this.

Another thing I didn't like? No clues. They didn't give us any clues until the very end.

I enjoyed this episode, it was very funny especially all the scenes Pinkie thought the guests did. And I loved that it wasn't Pinkie eating it in her sleep as everybody thought it would be.

My sister thought it was gonna be Applejack, because she was talking about how scrumptious the cake looked, and I said that Pinkie Pie sleep-ate it.

This episode was so awesome. Pinkie Pie is so awesome. I was really hoping during the episode that she wouldn't turn out guilty because of the cliche that would be, and luckily she didn't. ^^ I don't really have more to add, but it was a really nice episode.

Also, I expected Rainbow Dash to turn out to have done it. I was sorta right.

Back