• Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Gamefreak75 said:
Just watched it. Best episode this season, in my opinion.

Also, there have been too many Applebloom, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash episodes. We need more diversity.
Actually, this may just be my faulty memory, but Rainbow didn't have too many episodes until this season. But agreed, we still haven't seen many other episodes. How long has it been since an Applejack - never mind, that was Sisterhooves Social I guess.

This season needs more Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Applejack...

Although I'm hesitent about Applejack, since I'm not really sure what to do with an episode about her...

No this season needs more cowbell
Also i have found that the little ponies are better than the big ponies through the 2 episodes that i have watched and by watched i mean seeing like 7 minutes of 1 and like 20 minutes of another

Not too long before the next episode, said this before probably. This one will say the most backstory in the show since Cutie Mark Chronicles. Technially even more since we'll at the least get big hints on how Equestria was founded. My biggest questions that should hopefully be answered are: What are the differences the 3 types of Ponies had? What was Celestia and Luna's role in all this? Is there any names to what should be important historical figures to Equestria? And what exactly helped them end their differences and start Equestria?

If you mean National Cupcake day. It already passed, but it's still funny.

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode though. We get to learn so much background (And fanon is going to be nuked so hard Luna's return is a cherry bomb compared to how much fanon will go up in flames). We'll have lots to talk about for sure after this episode airs, and even when we're done with that we'll have the Holidays to look forward to.

Not in the clip. I don't even know if he will be mentioned. From the way they say that
That at the time it was the Unicorns that controlled the Sun and the Moon. This may imply that this was before Celestia and Luna existed and/or weren't up to power yet. Maybe Discord was ruling then maybe it was even before that. It all depends on where exactly Celestia and Luna play into this if they did at all. The clip was only long enough to tell us a brief note on what the "tribes" did with eachother when they weren't exactly friends yet.

On another note, I've been wondering: why did Rainbow Dash move to Ponyville? Every other mane pony had a reason (I think) except her...

Northern Verve said:
What are the differences the 3 types of Ponies had? What was Celestia and Luna's role in all this? Is there any names to what should be important historical figures to Equestria? And what exactly helped them end their differences and start Equestria?

Everyone of the questions I had except for Celestia and Luna's role were answered. Celestia and Luna's origins are still a mystery. I won't spoil anything else, but there was quite a bit of funny and touching moments all at the same time.

Sigh.
I can't wait until we get Optimum on the 30th, then I can watch this on my iPad and nobody will know.
Until then, spoilers please and do post the video ASAP.

GLaDOS said:
On another note, I've been wondering: why did Rainbow Dash move to Ponyville? Every other mane pony had a reason (I think) except her...
Wasn't she kicked out of flight school or something?

On the subject of today's episode: This was Pinkie at her absolute best.

SiFi said:
GLaDOS said:
Wasn't she kicked out of flight school or something?

On the subject of today's episode: This was Pinkie at her absolute best.
Pinkie at her best?
AAAHHHH I MUST SEE THIS EPISODE

In a way yes. All the decorations and such are very much Christmas-like. Though of course they don't call it Christmas in-show. Instead it's Hearth's Warming day. In general though it goes along with Christmas that it's not a time to spread hatred.

This was a sweet holiday episode. :)

First off, I actually SLEPT IN and MISSED the episode when it aired! :'(

But, my mom was downstairs and managed to record it, and we watched it together.

Not sure what to comment on first... I can't remember all the names of the ponies the mane 6 played, but I thought Pinkie's character was really REALLY funny and cute! In a way, the pony leaders all had their own unique reasons why they wouldn't get along. The Pegasus Leader was too prideful, the Unicorn Leader was too vain, and the Earth Pony Leader was... too... "smart"... for her own good.

I found it ironic that the assistants had a better time getting along, if only because they all didn't like the ponies they were serving. Fluttershy was pretty much abused by her commander, Twilight was the Unicorn leader's "bitch", and Applejack had to put up with the insane ideas her leader came up with.

I thought it was weird that Twilight's magic was the thing that saved the day, even if it was unintended... I know she SAID it was all of them, but it was her unicorn horn that shot that heart out and warmed them all up... I also thought it was weird that, after how stubborn the leaders were, after they melted, they just suddenly decided to be nice. That could have used more explanation.

Regardless, this is a sweet holiday special, and sure to be one of my regulars every holiday season, even if it's not specifically Christmas-related. There's definitely a lot of Christmas themes in it, like trees, wreaths, candy canes, gingerbeard houses, and of course, the good feeling you get while watching it and the premise of peace and goodwill to your fellow pony.

Also, no friendship report, although I think we cal all learn a lesson from the history of Equestria...

Something I have to wonder, though, was how they got that flag? Where was Luna and Celestia in the pagaent? If they weren't there, then how come they're on the flag? Now I'd like to know THEIR origin!

Anyway, good episode, Pinkie Pie was the best part! I also liked how Star Swirl the Bearded got name-dropped.

Well, that was nice, I didn't have to wait until tomorrow to watch it, so I can check this thread tomorrow, without having to avoid spoilers.

Well, that was a good episode, when the blizzard came, and I saw the winter spirity things, I knew it had to do with the arguing. It was nice to have that wizard mentioned again, as well. And the song was really nice.

I think this was a good episode, all in all.

GLaDOS said:
AAAHHHH I MUST SEE THIS EPISODE

Well, I'm not sure whether this is any help to you, but I'll drop it here anyway:

Also, was there supposed to be a Pinkie Pie song sometime soon?

Okay, I have to say that this is my favorite episode so far. Pinkie Pie totally stole the show - "think inside the chimney," lol. The flag was kind of unexplained though. I think we all saw Derpy in this.

I did kind of find it interesting that the princesses were completely absent from this episode. This Is about the backstory, after all. The characters were all at their best, and they really shine here. My points are mostly like Smashgoom's, except no I don't think there should have been more Christmas. It was fine as it is.

Haha, this episode is definitely my favourite of the season.
Nice to finally see some Pinkie Pie antics again. I had really missed those. I really hoped she'd get a song though, and all we got was what I assume is Equestria's Anthem.

They definitely chose the right ponies to be the leaders though. They made for one hilarious episode.

Lario said:

Damn, I should watch the news more often. Then again, the news should just play MLP segments more often. Then I'd watch it.

Knew as soon as that part showed up I was going to choose that for my Avatar. I'll keep this until after Christmas. By then I'll put up a Rotating avatar until the next episode in January.

The caption should be amusing for anybody who's a fan of Dragonball Abridged.

Back