Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Yeah... Discord's scene with Fluttershy, I have mixed feelings about... Mostly negative. In that I don't like them. It doesn't mean it was a bad scene or that it wasn't important to the story or that the whole point was for Fluttershy to get turned into the opposite of herself like the others. I just didn't care for it.

Yeah, people call me out on things I don't like. It kind of hit a sore point with me.

Anyway, it's interesting that Fluttershy was able to resist Discord's temptations, and he had to outright cheat and just hypnotizing her to be mean instead of brainwashing her. It breaks my heart to see Fluttershy be mean...

Yeah, the turning scenes did seem to get less creative and drawn out as they went on. Applejack's was a monologue, and it soon just turned into "OHAI, MY NAME IS DISCORD, NOW YOU'S HYPNOTIZED :3 "

Rainbow Dash was interesting, though... Personally, I think she's STILL loyal. She's just loyal to her hometown more than her friends at the moment.

Hypnotoad said:
Northern Verve said:
Hypnotoad said:
Although, I don't think Fluttershy will stay like that too long. Or Rarity. Fluttershy wasn't persuaded one bit by Discord before he did his hypno thing, unlike everyone else; he just was all "lolpoke" and she was all "@_@ derp". Like what Smashgoom202 said with Rarity, she was able to resist it a bit before just instantly getting hypnotized without another thought. If it's not Twilight who saves the day, perhaps they'll be the ones to snap out first and lead the brigade to get everyone else back to normal.

Although, I prefer them all evil~

Well the Fluttershy scene was also to show that Discord could of turned the other 4 just as easily and quick like he had to do with Fluttershy. He just decided to have a little fun messing with their minds before he did.

Mhm, that works too :P I don't think he's purely evil, though. Perhaps a bit butthurt with Celestia for turning him into stone, but other than that he's just trollin'. If I were him, I'd just go after Celestia herself (unless she's some ultra-powerful pony thing, idk, I didn't watch season 1) and just make her do silly things.

Well looks like you're right in with the Celestia's a Troll theory in the fanbase lol. Though Celestia said that Discord ruled Equestria even before she and Luna did and all Ponies were miserable and unhappy during that time. Now we don't know HOW exactly long ago that was in it but Discord seems like he wasn't a very good guy either.

Smashgoom202 said:
Anyway, it's interesting that Fluttershy was able to resist Discord's temptations, and he had to outright cheat and just hypnotizing her to be mean instead of brainwashing her. It breaks my heart to see Fluttershy be mean...

I like Fluttershy, but perhaps because she's not my favorite exactly I don't get the sadness for her becoming mean for a short while. And also again, Discord shows he could of done it at any time. He just messed with the other 4 and when he couldn't exactly get Fluttershy to go with his "fun" he just goes up and does it anyway.

15:04 arsenicCatnip so the jabberwacky makes chocolate rain all over the ponyville, and trollestia is like "we need to stop him"

Bonesy brings up a marvelous point. Celestia was quick to be all "NO FUN ALLOWED IN PONY LAND >:[ " and Discord was like "but chocolate rain D: " and Pinkie was like "om nom chocolate rain don't make it go away D: "

I propose that it's actually Celestia that is manipulating the ponies.

Hypnotoad said:
15:04 arsenicCatnip so the jabberwacky makes chocolate rain all over the ponyville, and trollestia is like "we need to stop him"

Bonesy brings up a marvelous point. Celestia was quick to be all "NO FUN ALLOWED IN PONY LAND >:[ " and Discord was like "but chocolate rain D: " and Pinkie was like "om nom chocolate rain don't make it go away D: "

Again you're thinking along the lines of the people who think Celestia's a troll/tyrant lol

Celestia clearly stated that Discord was a little too chaotic for Equestria. So he had to be stopped. You can kinda see what he did to the Main 6 imagine what he could do with all sorts of other Ponies and/or what he could do the entire land with powers of his kind.

Discord doesn't seem like just an innocent prankster to me.

EDIT: As for Pinkie wanting to keep Chocolate Rain... Well that's just Pinkie...

Northern Verve said:
Hypnotoad said:

Again you're thinking along the lines of the people who think Celestia's a troll/tyrant lol

Celestia clearly stated that Discord was a little too chaotic for Equestria. So he had to be stopped. You can kinda see what he did to the Main 6 imagine what he could do with all sorts of other Ponies and/or what he could do the entire land with powers of his kind.

Discord doesn't seem like just an innocent prankster to me.

EDIT: As for Pinkie wanting to keep Chocolate Rain... Well that's just Pinkie...

Oh god, SM has been manipulated by Celestia as well! D: *runs away!*
Also, I'm just giving you a hard time about some things :3

'3K said:
Hypnotoad said:
Although, I prefer them all evil~
I don't think they turned so much evil as they did into their "Bizarro" selves.

More reason for Discord to continue what he's doing. I want to see this show get really dark. :P

IDEA. PERHAPS. This is a time for another band of pony friends to come in and save the day!!

Northern Verve said:
I like Fluttershy, but perhaps because she's not my favorite exactly I don't get the sadness for her becoming mean for a short while. And also again, Discord shows he could of done it at any time. He just messed with the other 4 and when he couldn't exactly get Fluttershy to go with his "fun" he just goes up and does it anyway.
Pretty much. Yeah, I adore Fluttershy, she's my absolute favorite... Seeing any kind of misfortune befall her makes me sad... But at the same time, it's funny seeing Discord get frustrated when things don't go his way.

Also, Chocolate Rain is one thing, but freakish rabbits with deer legs... Really, now that I think about it, we only have Celestia's word that everything was unhappy and chaotic when Discord ruled... Plus, Discord would probably do what's necessary to make sure he doesn't get sealed away again. Not to mention, chaos isn't inherently a bad thing, but given that this world is built of harmony, and Discord's name and existence is based the exact OPPOSITE of harmony, him ruling again would probably be a bad thing.

Moral of this episode:

When trying to persuade someone to listen to you, but they disagree and you don't get your way, hypnosis is a fantastic alternative. :]

Further wild and wacky speculations:

Perhaps Discord is actually an apparition created by Zecora, who is well-known as an enchantress who puts people ponies in trances. It all makes sense.

Applejack didn't seem that pissed off to me. In fact, that's something I was wondering. Now she's just a liar, a bad on I might add, instead of being honest... Does that mean the rest of her is normal?

Smashgoom202 said:
Applejack didn't seem that pissed off to me. In fact, that's something I was wondering. Now she's just a liar, a bad on I might add, instead of being honest... Does that mean the rest of her is normal?

I think PyroGuy was referring to a different episode. But yeah besides the lying thing, Applejack seemed pretty normal compared to the rest.

Smashgoom202 said:
Pinkie Pie said:
AGH, TWO TITLE DROPS IN ONE EPISODE! *shoots self*
NO! Don't kill youself, Pinkie Pie! You have so much to live for! WE LOVE YOU!!!!
Yes! You have to live on to join up with discord!!!

Back