• Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Northern Verve said:
Hey Quizmo, what did you think overall of Season 3? Also at least we know what scene you probably saw early before Season 3 started. That was when Rainbow Dash wrecks a rock tower in Spike at Your Service wasn't it?
Yeah that was the episode where it popped up.
I haven't actually seen the season 3 finale yet, so I can't speak on that, but I did see all of the others. Some of the episodes I liked, others I didn't. Discord coming back was pretty cool, but the pacing of that episode wasn't very good. I liked a few of the episodes, but others I didn't. Overall it definitely wasn't my favourite season, but maybe that's because it was half as long?

QuizmoManiac said:
Northern Verve said:
Hey Quizmo, what did you think overall of Season 3? Also at least we know what scene you probably saw early before Season 3 started. That was when Rainbow Dash wrecks a rock tower in Spike at Your Service wasn't it?
I haven't actually seen the season 3 finale yet, so I can't speak on that, but I did see all of the others. Some of the episodes I liked, others I didn't. Discord coming back was pretty cool, but the pacing of that episode wasn't very good. I liked a few of the episodes, but others I didn't. Overall it definitely wasn't my favourite season, but maybe that's because it was half as long?

Yeah Season 3 for me as a whole has it's good and even Great Moments but I don't think it beats Season 2 for me. It however might contend with some of Season 1's Best IMO. I'm actually doing my episode comparisons again to see how it goes. Once I've done Friendship is Magic, Part 2 Vs. Feeling Pinkie Keen Vs. Crystal Empire, Part 2 I might post that one plus the one for Friendship is Magic, Part 1 Vs. Suited for Success Vs. Crystal Empire, Part 1 here in this thread like I did last time.

For me though Season 3 will be awesome for at least 4 episodes: Magic Duel, Sleepless in Ponyville, Wonderbolt Academy, and Magical Mystery Cure. Every single other episode of the season was at the very least decent in their own right but those 4 are the ones that wowed me.

Northern Verve said:
QuizmoManiac said:
Northern Verve said:

Yeah Season 3 for me as a whole has it's good and even Great Moments but I don't think it beats Season 2 for me. It however might contend with some of Season 1's Best IMO. I'm actually doing my episode comparisons again to see how it goes. Once I've done Friendship is Magic, Part 2 Vs. Feeling Pinkie Keen Vs. Crystal Empire, Part 2 I might post that one plus the one for Friendship is Magic, Part 1 Vs. Suited for Success Vs. Crystal Empire, Part 1 here in this thread like I did last time.

For me though Season 3 will be awesome for at least 4 episodes: Magic Duel, Sleepless in Ponyville, Wonderbolt Academy, and Magical Mystery Cure. Every single other episode of the season was at the very least decent in their own right but those 4 are the ones that wowed me.
Magic duel I liked, but most of the episodes were what would be best described as "okay". Still enjoyed watching them, but I'm not sure where I'd put this season in ranking.

At least Season 4 will have 26 episodes once again. And the status quo change that Magical Mystery Cure started makes things interesting. I'm quite excited on what they could do with this. There's so many possibilities.

I updated my game, but apparently all it did was give my game an Easter theme and a new pony. Nothing about Canterlot or Queen Chrysalis or anything.

Northern Verve said:
At least Season 4 will have 26 episodes once again. And the status quo change that Magical Mystery Cure started makes things interesting. I'm quite excited on what they could do with this. There's so many possibilities.
>"status quo change"
>princess

yeah, so different

Gundam Tanaka said:
Northern Verve said:
>"status quo change"
>princess

yeah, so different

Nabber, did you not pay any attention to the scene Celestia talks to the Main 6 after Twilight first becomes an Alicorn? Twilight says "Does this mean I'm not your student anymore?" and Celestia responds with "Not in the same way as before"

So yeah, I'm pretty sure that alone is a change from what the series has been since the very beginning. It also changes the way Twilight's episodes at least in the Slice-of-life department are going to go. Twilight's character arc as a student and normal unicorn has ended, and Season 4 begins a brand new one for her.

Rarely if ever does any show similar to Friendship is Magic do this while the show is still going. Under most circumstances this would be something saved for the Series Finale. But I think the most exciting thing about this is that it was not. I think this was pretty gutsy, and a bold move. We'll still have the others of the Main 6 trying to achieve something too, I'm sure Season 4 will make it more clear whether or not Wonderbolt Academy made Rainbow's Dream of being a Wonderbolt closer. The CMC still have yet to get their cutie marks. Discord's out on his own now, not as evil as before but nonetheless he'll still be a pest to the Main 6 other then Fluttershy. Season 4's just chock full of potential.

Northern Verve said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Northern Verve said:
>"status quo change"
>princess

yeah, so different

Nabber, did you not pay any attention to the scene Celestia talks to the Main 6 after Twilight first becomes an Alicorn? Twilight says "Does this mean I'm not your student anymore?" and Celestia responds with "Not in the same way as before"

So yeah, I'm pretty sure that alone is a change from what the series has been since the very beginning. It also changes the way Twilight's episodes at least in the Slice-of-life department are going to go. Twilight's character arc as a student and normal unicorn has ended, and Season 4 begins a brand new one for her.

Rarely if ever does any show similar to Friendship is Magic do this while the show is still going. Under most circumstances this would be something saved for the Series Finale. But I think the most exciting thing about this is that it was not. I think this was pretty gutsy, and a bold move. We'll still have the others of the Main 6 trying to achieve something too, I'm sure Season 4 will make it more clear whether or not Wonderbolt Academy made Rainbow's Dream of being a Wonderbolt closer. The CMC still have yet to get their cutie marks. Discord's out on his own now, not as evil as before but nonetheless he'll still be a pest to the Main 6 other then Fluttershy. Season 4's just chock full of potential.
And this is why you don't argue with SonicMario.

Gundam Tanaka said:
Northern Verve said:
>"status quo change"
>princess

yeah, so different
Oh, OH, so a character completely changing their status from a commoner to apprentice of a princess to actually being a member of royalty herself, and GROWING WINGS isn't that different? Some logic you got there.

you all seem to be missing the overall point here which is that twilight had absolutely no reason to become a princess-corn

Yes it does. Having wings does not make something different from the status quo. Might be different from the usual princess stuff, but princesses in itself are status quo.

This is the first time I'm looking at this thread, but why do so many people here like MLP???? :D

Gundam Tanaka said:
you all seem to be missing the overall point here which is that twilight had absolutely no reason to become a princess-corn
And I think YOU'RE missing the point that the whole reason Twilight became Celestia's student was because she was supposed to be her successor! Lauren Faust said as much herself:

It was set up throughout the entire series that Celestia was preparing Twilight for something, so the princess/alicorn angle makes complete sense in that context.

Equestria should screw the whole monarch thing and become a republic. :yoshi:

Princess makes sense for Twilight. She's Celestia's student and apprentice, she's more than capable in danger and under pressure, she's overqualified in scrupulousness and micromanagement, and she's hinted at being the strongest spell-caster in Canterlot's vicinity.

But turning into an alicorn was entirely pointless and makes me want to hit M.A. Larson over the head with a 6th grade biology textbook.

Toad Eightyfive said:
Princess makes sense for Twilight. She's Celestia's student and apprentice, she's more than capable in danger and under pressure, she's overqualified in scrupulousness and micromanagement, and she's hinted at being the strongest spell-caster in Canterlot's vicinity.

But turning into an alicorn was entirely pointless and makes me want to hit M.A. Larson over the head with a 6th grade biology textbook.
Oh, so just because M.A. Larson wrote the episode, that makes alicorn Twilight entirely his fault. Because of course, everything that's bad about alicorn Twilight must be the fault of one singular person and there obviously isn't a LOT going behind the scenes for them to have reached this sort of conclusion.

...Personally, I think it makes sense that she's an alicorn now. After all, Celestia's an alicorn, and if Twilight was to be her successor, well...

Honestly, it made more sense then Cadance being an alicorn, as opposed to a unicorn, which is what she originally was.

If anything, M.A. Larson made Twilight's transition as amazing as possible, and I'm glad he was the one to do it!

Smashgoom202 said:
Oh, so just because M.A. Larson wrote the episode, that makes alicorn Twilight entirely his fault. Because of course, everything that's bad about alicorn Twilight must be the fault of one singular person and there obviously isn't a LOT going behind the scenes for them to have reached this sort of conclusion.

[...]

If anything, M.A. Larson made Twilight's transition as amazing as possible, and I'm glad he was the one to do it!

Of all the reasons you could choose to rail on my post, you chose my use of "M.A. Larson".

I rest my case.

Toad Eightyfive said:
Smashgoom202 said:

[...]

Of all the reasons you could choose to rail on my post, you chose my use of "M.A. Larson".

I rest my case.
Ex-CUSE me? I'm sorry, what just happened? Did I miss something here? Because it looked like you're blaming M.A. Larson for something that wasn't his fault at all. After all, why say you wanted to hit him over the head with a 6th grade biology textbook at all? As a reference to the "Thanks, M.A. Larson" meme? As a joke?

...Well it wasn't funny. And you're case isn't closed until you explain yourself.

Edit: sorry I'm a little annoyed at the moment, my hair's getting out of control (I need a haircut), and I can't freaking download this DLC I bought for Fire Emblem: Awakening! I tried, like, 10 times now and still can't get it to work.

Yoshiopolis said:
This is the first time I'm looking at this thread, but why do so many people here like MLP???? :D
It's a long story, but basically, the recent My Little Pony episodes (by recent, I mean the latest generation of episodes) aren't as horrific as the pre-2010 episodes, so there's a pretty large internet fanbase of "bronies".

Smashgoom202 said:
Because it looked like you're blaming M.A. Larson for something that wasn't his fault at all.

If you can give the writer credit for the good things he did in the episode, I can give him credit for the bad. Simple as that.

Smashgoom202 said:
After all, why say you wanted to hit him over the head with a 6th grade biology textbook at all?

Ever heard that parable about the guy whom a dictionary fell on, and who suddenly learned every English word in the book afterwards?

I'm hoping the same happens here.

Gundam Tanaka said:
Yoshiopolis said:
It's a long story, but basically, the recent My Little Pony episodes (by recent, I mean the latest generation of episodes) aren't as horrific as the pre-2010 episodes, so there's a pretty large internet fanbase of "bronies".
i kinda get the impression that you're calling the show horrific

Back