• Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Northern Verve said:
Oh yeah I forgot to mention one thing I have a big beef with the Equestria Girls thing. It's going to be a movie that's 66 minutes long. About as long as if the show had a three-parter. You'd think the first thing they'd give something in the FiM name some sort of epic Adventure. But NOPE they have to have some lame attempt at trying to cash in on Monster High's popularity instead. It's a waste of potential. You have the entire wide world of Equestria for basically endless possibilities to take this, but we get a silly spin-off where the Ponies are semi-anthro human teenagers instead of something that could be truly epic.
wait monster high is popular

Fred said:
Northern Verve said:
Oh yeah I forgot to mention one thing I have a big beef with the Equestria Girls thing. It's going to be a movie that's 66 minutes long.

wait i thought i was going to be a tv series?

I did too.

Northern Verve said:
Oh yeah I forgot to mention one thing I have a big beef with the Equestria Girls thing. It's going to be a movie that's 66 minutes long.
Can you tell me where you heard this?

Northern Verve said:
the rumor that Spike is going to be a dog in this,

and you tried to convince me that my little pony isnt racist against dragons

@Lauren's Tweets

In FiM, Princess are basically Queens. It's just for some reason Hasbro follows the disney rule of "Princesses are Good, Queens are evil" trope :P but in all intents and purposes they're basically still Queens anyway. Strong leaders of the entire nation. Though imagine had Queen stayed. We'd be having Queen Twilight right now ;)

Also I prefer Sparkle to Twinkle for Twilight's "2nd name"

And I kinda like the fanon names for Pinkie's sisters. They have them like the Pac-Man ghosts.

Mass-o-Faust-Tweets said:
Ponyville was originally Fillydelphia...

Thank Christ they changed the name. IRL Philly is the most rotten hellhole of decaying architecture, crime, scum, villainy I've ever known.

I watched "It's about Time" earlier today.

Twilight should look like that in every episode.

Rank Character
1 Flim
2 Flam
3 Applejack
4 Rarity
5 Spike
6 Discord
7 Queen Chrysalis
8 Trixie
9 Apple Bloom
10 Scootaloo
11 Sweetie Belle
12 Rainbow Dash
13 Granny Smith
14 Twilight Sparkle
15 Braeburn
16 Princess Cadence
17 Zecora
18 Photo Finish
19 Babs Seed
20 Silver Spoon
21 Fleur de Lys
22 Iron Will
23 Spitfire
24 Soarin'
25 Snowflake / Horsepower
26 Fancy Pants
27 Twist
28 Gilda
29 Fluttershy
30 Cheerilee
31 Big Macintosh
32 Shining Armor
33 Berry Punch
34 Octavia
35 Vinyl Scratch
36 Colgate
37 Derpy
38 Rose Luck
39 Pipsqueak
40 Bon Bon
41 Lyra
42 Diamond Tiara
43 Carrot Top
44 Caramel
45 Hoity Toity
46 Flitter
47 Cloud Chaser
48 Lightning Dust
49 Dr. Whooves
50 Prince Blueblood
51 King Sombra
52 Pinkie Pie
53 Princess Celestia
54 Princess Luna
55 Nightmare Moon

I wanted to talk about this weeks ago, but I'm a procrastinator so whatever. Sorry if this was already brought up. Lauren Faust and writer Cindy Morrow talks about random insights about MLP:FiM:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/03/random-mlp-facts-from-lauren-faust.html

That picture makes me realize how big Celestia's flank is, especially compared to Lauren's...

I'm just going to comment on them individually, because I can.

Applejack's Dog Winonna was originally named Brandy, then Buckaroo

Those sound like boy names for dogs... Was Winonna supposed to be a boy?

Gilda was originally named Grizelda

I think I read this on Lauren's deviantART page... Or somewhere before. Sounds German, I wonder if she was going to be given a German accent. A mean German? THAT hasn't been done before...

Suited for Success was originally called Dress for Failure

I've heard about this before, too. There was a production screencap or something that said that. I heard they didn't go with it because they didn't want "Failure" to be part of the title or something...

Applebloom was originally named Appleseed

I think Applebloom is better... Since seed seems inherently young; do you want to be known as a "Seed" you're whole life? Oh wait... Babs Seed...

Big Macintosh was originally Big Apple

and...

Sweet Apple Acres was originally Big Apple Orchard

I heard about both of these before from Lauren, also that Big Mac was supposed to be the owner of the farm... Kind of had some unfortunate implications behind it, what with the whole "woman can't own farms" deal, at least how I see it. I mean, it kind of makes sense on one hand, but I'm glad they went with this change all the same.

One Bad Apple was originally Bully For You

Eh... Still have really mixed feelings about that episode.

Carousel Boutique was originally Carousel Couture, and was an actual carousel with moving mannequins for Rarity's designs. Unfortunately the idea was rejected.

lol, wow...

Ponyville was originally Fillydelphia

I heard this one before as well; Lauren originally wanted to call Ponyville "Fillydelphia" because she just moved to Philadelphia, but I don't know, Ponyville looks nothing like Philadelphia, not to mention, tying your main setting to an actual real-world location... It just doesn't feel right, since this is supposed to be a fictional world of magic and wonderment. Ponyville's a good "everyplace", and you can pretty much put whatever your want there without the baggage of "why is this called Filldelphia?"

Celestia was originally Queen Celestia, and Nightmare Moon was Discord

I knew Celestia was supposed to be a queen (damn Hasbro and their girl logic), but Discord instead of Nightmare Moon? Whoa... In that retrospect, I feel even more uncomfortable with his "reformation".

Opal Essence was originally Ruby, but many gem stones are already trademarked for toys

Eh... I kind of like Opalessence more.

Twilight Sparkle was originally Twilight Twinkle. Lauren actually wanted to name her just "Twilight", but there were legal issues there. Twilight Twinkle was also lacked due to the same legal stuff. No subtle jab at the Twilight Saga was used in the making of her final name.

I like Twilight Sparkle.

Rarity's Element of Harmony was originally inspiration

...What does inspiration have to do with harmony or friendship? Even though it ties into her character well, just seemed kind of out of place... Then again, these were rejected ideas for a reason.

Twilight Sparkle originally had dark blue hair with a light blue stripe

I like her mane the way it is now.

Diamond Dogs names are Fido, Rover and Spot (which has been revealed already)

A lot of this stuff has already been revealed. Still, I wish I could remember which diamond dog is which...

Pinkie's Sisters weren't named, but ideas of Mince Meat Pie and Chicken Pot Pie were floating around.

So much for the Pac-Man nicknames.

Zecora was originally named "Shaman"

...Zecora's a MUCH better name. Can't help but feel the name "shaman" would have been a little racist... and more incriminating, given Zecora's first episode.

Bird in the Hoof was originally concieved as a tug-at-your-heartstrings style episode about losing a pet

I can see why this was rejected. Also, I never understood why nobody seems to like Bird in the Hoof, I thought it was fine.

Golden Oak Library was originally The Tree of Knowing

..."Tree of Knowing"? Is that like "Stick of Throwing" or something? Either way, I like the ring "Golden Oak Library" has.

Pinkie Pie used to have a "Sugard Rush" power when she ate too much candy. She would plow through doors, and the Cakes had to replace theirs on a weekly basis

That would have been funny.

Rainbow Dash was originally a serial prankster, and Rob would mistakenly call her a "he" in meetings

You still see hints of this with Rainbow Dash in some episodes. Also, my mom and Grandma, as well as other people I introduce MLP to, still mistake Rainbow Dash for a boy.

Luna's original name was Selena

Hrm...

Scootaloo was originally supposed to get in a lot of schoolyard fights over not being able to fly

Oh no no no, can't have regular violence in a girl's show! Also, it seems really ambiguous about where the show now stands on "is she crippled/handicapped or not?", it's like their on the fence and not sure whether to fully commit to that or not...

Luna Eclipsed had a scene with Rarity making a pink princess costume for Luna

Knew about that, too.

In Return of Harmony Applejack was scripted to climb to the top of the balloon to get to the basket to rope RD

Guess showing her getting on top of the balloon would have taken too long...

INTERESTING STUFF! What are your thoughts.

Scootaloo was originally supposed to get in a lot of schoolyard fights over not being able to fly
Would have instantly improved the show.
Rainbow Dash was originally a serial prankster, and Rob would mistakenly call her a "he" in meetings
>Implying RD isn't a boy
Diamond Dogs names are Fido, Rover and Spot
Who the heck cares?
Celestia was originally Queen Celestia
DISNEY LOGIC

Hey Quizmo, what did you think overall of Season 3? Also at least we know what scene you probably saw early before Season 3 started. That was when Rainbow Dash wrecks a rock tower in Spike at Your Service wasn't it?

Kyouko Kirigiri said:
Yeah, a new update about My Little Pony Game:
New ponies
New quests, defeat Queen Chrysalis
New destination, Canterlot!

Now I am update it and I will open it when it is complete.
Awesome! Hopefully I won't have to spend anymore money...

Back