Votes: 12 8.1%
  • Rainbow Dash

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • Rarity

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Fluttershy

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
Why did I even bother posting on this thread?

Smashgoom202 said:
Octoberry said:
If magic can make ponies de age why can't it make food...
It's magic, they don't have to explain it! :P
I hate magic also couldn't she use magic to make money also SM didn't she use money to buy the amulet

Octoberry said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Octoberry said:
I hate magic also couldn't she use magic to make money also SM didn't she use money to buy the amulet
Well, now you getting into the subject of counterfeiting and economics. Again, stuff that shouldn't be in a show made for kids.

Smashgoom202 said:
Octoberry said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Octoberry said:
Well, now you getting into the subject of counterfeiting and economics. Again, stuff that shouldn't be in a show made for kids.
Rock Farms must pay high wages i mean you'd think a cursed amulet would cost lot's and lot's of gold/bits

It's why I said Trixie spent a really, really long time at the Rock Farm. Enough that she finally got the amount of money she needed for the Amulet. If you account the possibility of each Season being a year. Then Trixie could of spent about 2 years working to get that much bits.

Northern Verve said:
It's why I said Trixie spent a really, really long time at the Rock Farm. Enough that she finally got the amount of money she needed for the Amulet. If you account the possibility of each Season being a year. Then Trixie could of spent about 2 years working to get that much bits.
but then wouldn't that mean that Luna couldn't have helped seal away the crystal kingdom for 1000 years since she would have had to have been cursed to the moon at that point since she was also cursed for exactly 1000 years

Octoberry said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Octoberry said:
Smashgoom202 said:
Octoberry said:
Rock Farms must pay high wages i mean you'd think a cursed amulet would cost lot's and lot's of gold/bits
I have to admit, the shop owner didn't seem that attached to the amulet, nor did he really have any qualms with selling a highly powerful artifact... Makes me wonder if he eve knew what it was.

Dick Clark said:
Maybe 1000 years was an estimate.
I don't think things like this is how long my sister was gone and this is how long ago the curse was can be estimated when they are said by the same person

Speaking of that shop owner, the opening of the new episode reminded me of a movie whose name I can't seem to place.

I keep thinking Big Trouble in Little China but I know that's not right.

Octoberry said:
Northern Verve said:
but then wouldn't that mean that Luna couldn't have helped seal away the crystal kingdom for 1000 years since she would have had to have been cursed to the moon at that point since she was also cursed for exactly 1000 years

Back to that again? :P

I'm thinking that 1000 years is just the default period for a long time in the show. Like both the Nightmare Moon banishment and the Crystal Empire was not 1000 years sharp. But maybe the Crystal Empire thing was more like 1001, or 1002 years. I know you're going to say something like "Then why did they say it was 1000 years". But I can't really have an answer for that. Maybe Celestia's lost count with how long she's lived and remembered that both events didn't take place too far from one another. So she rounds it down to 1000 years. I can believe that the Nightmare Moon banishment was more closer to 1000 years. But I think it's fair to say the Crystal Empire's disappearance was some time before that. How much more then 1000 years is up to personal headcanons. Maybe there was a little bit of delay too in the Empire returning, I can see that the Empire's return was a concern of Celestia's. So she told her guards to keep a close eye on the Frozen North for when the Crystal Empire would return because she knew any day it could do so.

Northern Verve said:
Octoberry said:
Northern Verve said:

Back to that again? :P

I'm thinking that 1000 years is just the default period for a long time in the show. Like both the Nightmare Moon banishment and the Crystal Empire was not 1000 years sharp. But maybe the Crystal Empire thing was more like 1001, or 1002 years. I know you're going to say something like "Then why did they say it was 1000 years". But I can't really have an answer for that. Maybe Celestia's lost count with how long she's lived and remembered that both events didn't take place too far from one another. So she rounds it down to 1000 years. I can believe that the Nightmare Moon banishment was more closer to 1000 years. But I think it's fair to say the Crystal Empire's disappearance was some time before that. How much more then 1000 years is up to personal headcanons. Maybe there was a little bit of delay too in the Empire returning, I can see that the Empire's return was a concern of Celestia's. So she told her guards to keep a close eye on the Frozen North for when the Crystal Empire would return because she knew any day it could do so.
or the writers don't realize that numbers other then 1000 exist so everything happens in 1000 year quantities by default :P

In regards of the 1000 years argument, I'm reminded of this one moment in Xiaolin Showdown...

Master Fung: It has already begun. A thousand years of darkness.
Kimiko: Why a thousand?
Master Fung: It is really 962 years, but, a thousand sounds more ominous.

Smashgoom202 said:
In regards of the 1000 years argument, I'm reminded of this one moment in Xiaolin Showdown...

Master Fung: It has already begun. A thousand years of darkness.
Kimiko: Why a thousand?
Master Fung: It is really 962 years, but, a thousand sounds more ominous.
that was a good show

Back