• Total voters
Gummy said:
81403__safe_meta_twitter_joke_show-staff.PNG
Magikrazy said:
Rarity and Spike going camping?
this shall be a work of pure art

and it shall be officially because pyro said it

Nabber said:
Official people like that don't make tweets - especially right before a season starts - like that unless they're hinting at something.

I don't know. I kinda feel like M.A. Larson and Meghan McCarthy has made similar tweets that isn't actually hinting at something before. But we'll see.

EDIT: Normally I post pictures in the Mindless Junk Pony thread but I think this one is pretty big enough to put in here. Sooooo many characters.

what_friendship_is_all_about_by_karzahnii-d5ca92u.png

Magikrazy said:
I like how the Mane 6 are in different sections, and they're surrounded by people associated with them.

Yeah that's pretty neat it did that Also you can know how much you've watched depending how many ponies you remember (Especially most of them by name. Though I know some of them don't really have an official name)

Just for the hell of giving us something to talk about.

http://www.mane6.com/2012/08/bsu-11-palettes-edition.html#more

Seeing Derpyshy and Spitfire Dash makes me think those 2 won't end up playable. Also the Rarity swaps are all awesome looking.

And yet Still Alive has not been played on the radio.

I call hacks.

though that said I'll see if I can access that somehow to listen.

EDIT: Found this to listen in on it:

http://www.wmmr.com/listen-live/

Nevermind, looks like it was fake (The Loyalty song being put on Radio). Bronies have stuck around for hours on the Radio and it still hasn't aired. Looks like this was either an act of trolling or the Radio station had different plans.

I thought this was a pretty neat idea, but I didn't enter the contest because I didn't need a dA membership. I instead thought we could each make a card just as a fun activity to keep track of as Season 3 progresses.

Here's my card:
NY2PP.jpg

Vocal Beat said:
I thought this was a pretty neat idea, but I didn't enter the contest because I didn't need a dA membership. I instead thought we could each make a card just as a fun activity to keep track of as Season 3 progresses.

Here's my card:
NY2PP.jpg

Yeah a Season bingo is amusing. Though I'm not sure how confident you can be at getting a bingo with only 13 episodes there. I think at least one episode without one of the Main 6 appearing is assured. I think CMC and somewhat Zecora is also. I think Cadence and Luna are no-brainers (Especially Cadence, she might as well be the free space)

Still waiting for ANY sort of news of Season 3. Maybe this is why they gave us those songs during Comic Con. Us fans would be crazy not getting any clips from Season 3 by now. The wait for Season 3 is already longer then the wait we had for Season 2.

Anyway for actual something to put here. Some marketing companies that Hasbro has let make Friendship is Magic related stuff (They also extended WeLoveFine so that's awesome) through licensing in 2013. Nothing too big, but it just means Hasbro is cashing in with more merchandise. Could also be more and more professional.

Oh I forgot the link

GreenDisaster said:
By the way, has anyone posted the Failure song yet?

It's probably buried somewhere. But you're free to repost it.

Well for the sake of having some sort of dicussion.

What do you all like about the Main 6? I want you guys to say something positive about each of them. One of the biggest reasons many got into the show was the strong characterization the Main 6 represented. And I'd like to revisit that feeling as I give you guys time to think on what you like most about each of them. I might answer my own thing a little later. But for now I just want to hear from you guys.

Oh and I guess in the meantime we have something Season 3 Related now (Spoiler tagged for obvious reasons)

81Dl3R3XEdL._AA1500_.jpg

I like the looks of the Manes for some reason. I'm curious if it's relevent to anything or if it's just formal Crystal Empire wear. Though for some reason Twilight, Rainbow, Applejack and Fluttershy have Hexagons for eyes rather then circles. In case you want to know what it's for, it's a cover for an Upcoming DVD.

Northern Verve said:
What do you all like about the Main 6? I want you guys to say something positive about each of them.

The main thing I like is that they all learn from their mistakes.

For example, Applejack learned the best way to solve a problem is not to run away from it, but to run towards your friends and family in "The Last Round Up."

Anyway, Applejack's a hard worker and always fulfills her promises and she's a good big sister to Apple Bloom, guiding her when she has a problem.

Pinkie Pie solution to everything is throwing a party like trying to make Gilda nicer. She pretty much tried the whole "best way to get rid of an enemy is to make then your friend" approach, even though it didn't work. It's the thought that counts.

Fluttershy's kindness is one of my faves. Anybody can be physically strong if they exercise, and being smart takes effort, but it doesn't mean a thing if one uses their intelligence for their own benefit. Kindness is something that's not easy to do, people can take advantage of you, you may not be appreciated, and sometimes being kind can be inconvenient for you, but Fluttershy manages to pull through, no matter what.

Rainbow Dash is cool, but knows the difference between a good friend and a bad friend and chose to stay with her friends rather than choose someone cool.

Twilight studies hard, and her brain has been very useful. If it weren't for her, all of Equestria would've been conquered by the Changelings.

...I still need to think abour Rarity. I know she's generous, but I haven't paid much attention to Rarity.

Well... I'll copy/paste my thoughts from before if no one minds. These are just my thoughts on how I personally relate to the characters... they're very biased and not really a good way for my to judge who's the best.

Mason said:
Mason said:
rarity > pie > dash > jack > shy > sparkle
Reasoning, finally:

Rarity is my favorite pony because I identify with her personality the most. The way she handled things in A Dog and Pony Show made me feel really close to her, and the fact that she can represent the Element of Generosity instead of being a snob (100%) makes me like her even more.

Pinkie Pie is hilarious. She has a heart of gold and every time she does something wrong it's out of misunderstanding. She doesn't have a bone of malice in her entire body.

I gained a lot of respect for Rainbow Dash after she chose Tank as her pet and how much she got into the Daring Do books. Her personality isn't very much like mine, but she reminds me of a weird combination of all my friends in Elementary School and Junior High. As different as we are, I could see myself being friends with her.

Applejack and Big Mac were the two of the family that I didn't like at first. I thought it was all about Scootaloo and Granny Smith until I saw how easily they gambled Sweet Apple Acres. There's confidence and then there's stupidity. Still, they made it through in the end, but I just prefer how AJ and Big Mac handled it. One reason I like Applejack because she's very hardworking, a quality I respect a lot.

Oh, Fluttershy. Fluttershy was the reason I got into the show. A few Youtube clips made me sure that I would identify with her the most. But as the show went on, her outbursts became more frequent. To me, it seems more likely to see her freaking out than being shy at all. Oh and she misidentified a Keel-billed Toucan in the Best Night Ever. She said, "oh, I see a toco toucan!" UNFORGIVABLE.

Twilight Sparkle does not really belong on the bottom of my list. I probably like her as a character more than my favorite characters on certain shows (I'm looking at you, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.) But compared to the other ponies... well, let me explain. Twilight Sparkle is the type of character I would instantly attach to in any other show. She's smart, reasonable, logical, and mature. She tends to have off-moments but that's the curse of a mad scientist, and I can understand that. But that's just it - I felt suckered in. She's too perfect. I can't find a flaw in her. "But wait Mason, didn't you say she has mad-scientist-esque outbursts?" I did. And you know what? I don't find that to be a character flaw. She's only human... er... only pony. One could could argue that her initial lack of friends is a flaw. I cannot. I do suppose she has the flaw of being flawless, at least, by my standards, and that I just can't identify with.

Thank you for reading my post, it's probably completely inaccurate.

Owahb.jpg

Well that was a thread for ranking the characters. I just mean as in that you like about the six. Regardless which ones you like better.

Well... that post kind of had my thoughts on what I like about them... I guess I could do a better one.

I've been re-watching FIM. Right now I'm on Dragonshy.

Northern Verve said:
GreenDisaster said:
By the way, has anyone posted the Failure song yet?

It's probably buried somewhere. But you're free to repost it.

Well for the sake of having some sort of dicussion.

What do you all like about the Main 6? I want you guys to say something positive about each of them. One of the biggest reasons many got into the show was the strong characterization the Main 6 represented. And I'd like to revisit that feeling as I give you guys time to think on what you like most about each of them. I might answer my own thing a little later. But for now I just want to hear from you guys.

Oh and I guess in the meantime we have something Season 3 Related now (Spoiler tagged for obvious reasons)

81Dl3R3XEdL._AA1500_.jpg

I like the looks of the Manes for some reason. I'm curious if it's relevent to anything or if it's just formal Crystal Empire wear. Though for some reason Twilight, Rainbow, Applejack and Fluttershy have Hexagons for eyes rather then circles. In case you want to know what it's for, it's a cover for an Upcoming DVD.
Not really digging it. It looks too... Simple.

Northern Verve said:
81Dl3R3XEdL._AA1500_.jpg

what did they do.

WHAT DID THEY DOOOOOOOO.

Back