Nintendo owns your 3DS

ToxBox

Power Star
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/nintendo-can-brick-your-3ds-system-if-they-want

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/nintendo-is-watching-you-they-own-all-of-your-personal-data-so-lets-start-a-conspiracy-theory

That is really mean but nice to defeat all hackers and no hackers forever ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That could is same as Wii HD/2 or Wii successor so there is no hackers

I think you don't understand either of those articles at all.

They are not about Nintendo's attempts to thwart hackers (which, by the way, were circumvented the same day the 3ds was released). The first one is are about Nintendo being able to break 3dss with a firmware update, which should have been obvious to everyone anyway. The second one is about Nintendo phrasing their eula so that they're legally able to steal data from users.

Nothing to do with hackers.

According to the articles, they don't fight hackers, they are hackers.
That could be my last Nintendo handheld if that's true about bricking.
Otherwise, I can just format, since there's 1 second of data about Datel's ARDS on my 3DS.

Format = your all saved data is deleted

Nintendo own my wii same as 3DS also it scares hackers

Well, that is stupid. :mad: :mad: :mad: Isn't this violating people's private property rights, or am I making a bad analogy?

If you hate hackers, don't get your hopes up, because hackers will always find a way around this.

ToxicBox said:
I guess that in year 2014 that there is new handheld that is hack proof

It won't happen, most likely. People have tried to make their things hack-proof, but hackers always find loopholes no matter what.

Nintendo even attempted to get rid of Homebrew in the Wii, but they ultimately failed, for instance. The hackers just found other methods to install it, like using Brawl's Stage Builder to load it.

ToxicBox said:
Wow, I didn't know that and why you hack your wii?

It's mostly for texture hacking and other interesting stuff (like flying in Mario Kart Wii just for fun). I mean, look at my signature; I took those pictures. Most people who hack their Wiis mainly want to obtain texture hacks, create texture hacks, show off their creativity. Really, texture hacks do not do any harm whatsoever. They enhance the gaming experience. I liked Melee more than Brawl, but texture hacks make me want to play Brawl so much more.

It's the bad hackers that get all the publicity. They are the ones who hack to win, pirate the games, install viruses, and such. People only see this part of the hacker community, and they assume, "all hackers = bad". I'm not really a hacker myself, since I just use what actual hackers give me, but I find those labels a bit unfair.

Ornithologist Mario said:
ToxicBox said:
Wow, I didn't know that and why you hack your wii?

It's mostly for texture hacking and other interesting stuff (like flying in Mario Kart Wii just for fun). I mean, look at my signature; I took those pictures. Most people who hack their Wiis mainly want to obtain texture hacks, create texture hacks, show off their creativity. Really, texture hacks do not do any harm whatsoever. They enhance the gaming experience. I liked Melee more than Brawl, but texture hacks make me want to play Brawl so much more.

It's the bad hackers that get all the publicity. They are the ones who hack to win, pirate the games, install viruses, and such. People only see this part of the hacker community, and they assume, "all hackers = bad". I'm not really a hacker myself, since I just use what actual hackers give me, but I find those labels a bit unfair.
there's a lot of reason on this. I know some people that hack for fun and to do fun stuff.

I'm one of them. I never hack to win, for instance, and people should actually buy the games. Fans of Nintendo shouldn't pirate the games, you know? If they do, they are removing Nintendo's money.

Pirating is equivalent to stealing, so yeah, that's why it's very bad.

No matter what Nintendo says, these pictures I took with the 3DS are MINE. They have no right to fiddle around with my private pictures I took.

Yeah, even if they try, we could just cut it and paste it in the computer.

I don't care what they say. They can't fiddle around with my personal files and THAT'S FINAL.

Yes they can. You saying that they can't doesn't really have any effect on the EULA.

But, why would they even bother? There is nothing suspicious or interesting in our data anyway.

Well, I don't want them too. It's my stuff, darn it. I guess I'll be taking zero images from now on so they have nothing to see about my system.

You can lead a horse to a watering hole, but you can't make her drink it. Same logic applies to Nintendo. You don't want Nintendo to peek around your stuff, but you can't make them do it.

Besides, it's not like Nintendo will release your pictures and say, "Here, look what Sarah took! (laughs) It's stupid!" They have better stuff to do than that. :-\

If they ever do that or release the images I took into the public without my consent....

Ok let's do a rundown of everything wrong with your posts so far.

1) Thanks to the EULA Nintendo can check out what's on your system, whether or not you say they can't on a Mario forum
2) But even though they can, there's a very good chance they're not going to be just lurking around your system all the time, especially not to look at/reveal your photos. If they happen to go into your system they'll be there looking for pirated games and stuff like that.

It's really not that big of a deal as far as I can tell.

Herr Shyguy said:
Ok let's do a rundown of everything wrong with your posts so far.

1) Thanks to the EULA Nintendo can check out what's on your system, whether or not you say they can't on a Mario forum
2) But even though they can, there's a very good chance they're not going to be just lurking around your system all the time, especially not to look at/reveal your photos. If they happen to go into your system they'll be there looking for pirated games and stuff like that.

It's really not that big of a deal as far as I can tell.

Thank you!

I was about to scream at BLOF about this.

Wait a sec, I think Nintendo is working for USA goverment for top secret pictures with 3DS so maybe bad guy is with 3DS will be caught

ToxicBox said:
Wait a sec, I think Nintendo is working for USA goverment for top secret pictures with 3DS so maybe bad guy is with 3DS will be caught
Post of the year.

Then that would be unconstitutional.

I hope Nintendo sell lot of 3DS in Iraq with cheap prices so bad guy will buy or steal 3DS

Back