Why did they have to cancel Donkey Kong Racing?

Are you disappointed about the cancelled Donkey Kong Racing?

• Yah!

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whatever

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Neutral

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What is Donkey Kong?

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Kaptain K. Rool

Koopa Troopa
Why? I mean why did Rare have to cancel the awesome Donkey Kong Racing? Players could've rode enemies, a Giant Rambi, Taj is awesome and he was going to appear, Kiddy was as well, but Rare moved and cancelled it. Why do you think they cancelled Donkey Kong Racing when Rare could've created it first, then move to Microsoft. Many fans are angry with Rare and I am one of the millions.

This should be in Marioverse, you know

Mario Fan 123 said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:
This should be in Donkey Kongverse, you know

Fix'd.

It would be if the thread organization exists

Kaptain K. Rool said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:
This should be in Marioverse, you know

This is General Discussion. Any topic works.
Naw, General Discussion is for wiki and forum related matters only. Discussion about the games proper goes in The Marioverse.

Kaptain K. Rool said:
Why? I mean why did Rare have to cancel the awesome Donkey Kong Racing? Players could've rode enemies, a Giant Rambi, Taj is awesome and he was going to appear, Kiddy was as well, but Rare moved and cancelled it. Why do you think they cancelled Donkey Kong Racing when Rare could've created it first, then move to Microsoft. Many fans are angry with Rare and I am one of the millions.
Actually, Nintendo sold Rare. Rare didn't choose to defect move to Microsoft.

To answer topic title, I don't know why they sold Rare. It sounds like a good game. Maybe it was going to be as good as Diddy Kong Racing

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
To answer topic title, I don't know why they sold Rare. It sounds like a good game. Maybe it was going to be as good as Diddy Kong Racing

It makes me angry to hear they sold Rare. Rare was a perfect partner to Nintendo. Maybe they argued a lot?

Kaptain K. Rool said:
BabyLuigiOnFire said:

It makes me angry to hear they sold Rare. Rare was a perfect partner to Nintendo. Maybe they argued a lot?
Well, they did get the most money for any game company ever sold.

Still, that was a pretty bad trade-off

Nintendo was selfishly only wanting money :mad:. Is that one? Now I don't think this is bouncing off-topic. Spinoff topic...

I bet if Rare stayed, they will get Nintendo more money than what Nintendo got from the trade.

Anyway, I wish Donkey Kong Racing came out. I liked the characters from the original Diddy Kong Racing and I wish they would return someday. They are pretty much forgotten.

Forgotten they are :(. Imagine what the DK series would be like if Nintendo didn't sell Rare to Microsoft. Excellent! There would also be Conker's Other Bad Day, a cancelled sequel to Conker's Bad Fur Day. I couldn't get it anyways because it was possibly going to be rated M and I am still a teenager :/.

Still, since Taj was about to return in Donkey Kong Racing, it might look like Pipsy, Titup and the others might return. I miss those characters. I have always liked them.

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
I bet if Rare stayed, they will get Nintendo more money than what Nintendo got from the trade.

Yeah. Honestly, I think they both got screwed in the deal. Rare is now forced to make crappy Kinect games, and Nintendo lost their most promising semi-third party developer. If only...

If only they didn't sell Rare, think about all the good games we would get now

It's called "Diddy Kong Pilot". And yes, it would have been a great game. We got Banjo Pilot instead, though.

I wish Donkey Kong Racing came out and didn't get canceled. X(

I know it is called Diddy Kong Pilot, but Diddy Kong Racing was going to have Donkey Kong Racing as a sequel and Diddy Kong Pilot would've had Donkey Kong Pilot as a sequel probably.

Back