Do Yoshi is Lizard or Dinosaur?

• Lizard

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Dinosaur

Votes: 25 92.6%

• Total voters
Leonyx said:
Nightwatcher said:
Hope you don't mind me asking, but why do you hate Yoshi?

I bet it's his voice. That would be the only reason for me to hate Yoshi, if I hated him.

Since Yoshi and his species was introduced as part of Dinosaur Land, he looks like a very friendly T-rex, and I'm pretty sure the instruction booklet of Super Mario World explicitly said what he was, I'm going with dinosaur.

Well, I was asking Scrub Jay, but what's wrong with his voice? As for Yoshi's species, I think you're right, he does sort of look like a T-Rex with his long neck and short arms, but what aobut his later appearances, where he became shorter and chubby?

Yoshi is a *insert swear word here*

Really, I hate that thing. His winning animations drive me nuts, his voice drives me crazy, and his older voice and appearance is 10000000000000000 times better than his current one.

I really liked the Super Mario World design. Yoshi was cool back then, he had a tolerable voice. Now, we have....that...that...THING.

I'm not going to say anymore on my opinion of Yoshi because I already delivered my point.

Nightwatcher said:
Well, I was asking Scrub Jay, but what's wrong with his voice? As for Yoshi's species, I think you're right, he does sort of look like a T-Rex with his long neck and short arms, but what aobut his later appearances, where he became shorter and chubby?

I was just assuming that's why he didn't like them. His voice is kinda squeaky.

Whenever he appears in his short and small form, I think of him as a baby Yoshi. That's the only way it makes sense to me. In that way, he's still a dinosaur.

The computer voice is better than Kazumi Totaka's voice, IMO

I heard that Yoshis originate from Koopa Troopas. I could say it's true for modern Yoshis, but I would disagree if it talked about classic Yoshi

I know, but it's strange they actually confirmed that the saddle was a shell, even though classic Yoshi's saddle looks NOTHING like a shell

BabyLuigiOnFire said:
I know, but it's strange they actually confirmed that the saddle was a shell, even though classic Yoshi's saddle looks NOTHING like a shell

Where did you hear this information from? I don't believe I've ever heard this before.

I'm an editor on the MarioWiki. So I stumbled across this in the Yoshi (species) article. And apparently, that information came from Super Mario History, written by Takashi Tezuka, director of Super Mario World.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Yoshi_%28species%29

It's in the trivia section

Ah, well then. The more you know...

Well, if Yoshis are supposed to be decendants of Koopas, does that mean Koopas are decendants of dinosaurs?

I don't know. Dinosaurs and turtles are the same genre of animals (reptiles) and I don't know which one came first.

Cave Johnson said:
The question isn't even correct. Does this bloke speak English at all?
This guy makes so many mistakes its not even okay.

Stooben said:
President Iwata said:
The question isn't even correct. Does this bloke speak English at all?
I believe he has said that he is learning English.
You try going on a German/French/Spanish/whatever language you don't know forum with only a dictionary to help you. You'll make a thousand grammar errors.
Of course, that's probably a bit harder than his situation, but it's probably similar.

Back