Power Star
I broke 4 3rd party controller

1:I left my controller in box for 2 week then button is sticky
2:My friend dropped my controller then it broke for short drop
3:Broke after 5 sec of gameplay of SSBB
4:Broke after countdown at Mario Kart Wii

DON'T BUY 3RD PARTY CONTROLLERS

I'm buying 1st party controller, no matter if it is dirty

I never broke mine, however, my sister broke 3 3rd Party Controllers.
That's why we only buy original Controllers since that point.
They might be more expensive, but it's quality.

I mean, I'd rather buy a controller that's € 40,- and it's from great quality, than a low quality € 10,- controller.

The PS2 is the only system I've ever seen decent 3rd-party controllers for. I still have one from a couple years ago, and it works just as well as my official PS2 controller.

I've owned a couple 3rd-party controllers for a few other systems, and they all sucked big time. Mad Catz's GameCube controller is probably the worst one I've had so far.

I once broke some wireless Gamecube controller. The part that plugged into the GC broke.

On an unrelated note, what many grammar rules has ToxBox broken?

I broke a countless number of GCN controllers, mostly 1st party

Never broken a controller before, but I did kill two PSPs....

I've never had a third party controller last more than a year.

Never had any third party controler other then a wireless Gamecube one. Ironically it works. (It needs batteries though.)

I have never fully broken a controller but when I was little I used to beat up the SNES controllers when I got mad so one of them is a little hard to play with.

I also have a GameCube controller that isn't working right, but I'm not sure why. The R button doesn't click when you push it in, so in games like SMS I can't shoot water as well. It's also a little harder to play Luigi's Mansion because you need to use it to suck up ghosts.

The shoulder buttons on my DSi don't work anymore, so whenever I want to play MKDS, I have to use my "DS Phat." One of my Wii nunchuks doesn't work anymore, either.

At a tag sale a local school was having, I saw two Gamecube controllers labeled "Free." The buttons were pretty dirty and the broken cords were lazily fixed with packaging tape. I knew they most likely didn't work, but I took one of them anyway. Of course, when I tried it, it was mostly shot, but it did have occasional "bursts" where it did work.

On the subject of third-party controllers, anybody try any decent third-party GC or Wii controllers recently? Is anybody here familiar with the store "Five Below"? Every time I go there, I see a supposedly third-party GC controller for $5, but it looks exactly the same as the official GC controller, only with the logo on the front covered up. I couldn't see the back of it in its packaging, but I wonder if the Nintendo logo is still behind the D-Pad (or was it the C-stick?).

Fawfulfury65 said:
I have never fully broken a controller but when I was little I used to beat up the SNES controllers
i broke 3.
An i have the same dualshock for my PSX since 2000

Actually, all the 1st party ones I have are broken in a way. All (which is 5 of them) except one have messed up control sticks and the one without the messed up control stick has a messed up Z button. Another one with a messed up control stick makes it hard to move up, but otherwise playable. The rest either simply doesn't work anymore or their input of control stick is in one direction, no matter how many times I reset it. :(

The B button on one of my GC controllers has a broken spring or something. It just stays down as if it was pressed. But you can still use the B button. :)

gallowsCalibrator said:
The B button on one of my GC controllers has a broken spring or something. It just stays down as if it was pressed. But you can still use the B button. :)

That's like one of my PS1 controllers. It always pushes "X" so if i play a Spyro game, he just starts hopping around without me doing anything. The only thing it works in is CTR because it's the gas button.

No, it just doesn't pop up when you let go of it. You can just barely press it and it will work in the game. It's not perpetually held down.

The only non-working button, is the Power/Lock Screen button of my Google Nexus One.
Solutions: Trackball to unlock, and Lock Screen widget to lock.

Back