What game you is not allowed to play

Re: My friend won't allowed to play Legend of Zelda

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
My parents never restricted me. The only restriction I had was the one I subconsciously gave myself about M rated games usually (except Doom, dunno why)

I don't think Doom was M-rated.

I never play M-rated games or higher. I, myself, cannot handle these sorts.

A little related, my parents have restricted my brother from Grand Theft Auto games, but they allow everything else.

And Kirby will be disallowed because it's a pink balloon?
Will Mario be banned because he eats mushrooms?
Will Monkey Ball also be banned, because Monkey's are locked up in a ball?
And shall Pac Man be banned, because a yellow circle is eating pills?

It's just dumb to avoid your child from playing a specific game, based on something that's not even wrong.
Even though I'm no parent (although I'm legally allowed to become a mother any time I want), I'll attend into studies for being a Game Developer in 2 years, so I will never ban any game.
Maybe it's also because I'm a gamer myself, but it's still strange if a Game Developer will ban her own game, because there's nothing wrong with it.

At the end, these games are the games you brought yourself, and you're a gamer.
Being a gamer is a lifestyle, so you can't censor it (unless you're 12 and you want to play a game rated 18, for example).

I played T rated games before I was even 13 years old (see Super Smash Bros. Melee). I had no problem with it.

Yeah okay, but SSBM isn't that bad for younger people.
I thought more about very young people, playing CoD Black Ops or Man Hunt 2, for example.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Yeah okay, but SSBM isn't that bad for younger people.
I thought more about very young people, playing CoD Black Ops or Man Hunt 2, for example.

I played M games with too much gore and violence like mortal kombat and I was never banned from ever playing any game.

I didn't say that it has to be banned, I said it's one of the only reasons to ban a game.

superjeff64 said:
Reversinator said:
What parents ban Zelda and Pokemon but not Call of Duty and Halo?

About Zelda, no one ever specifically said this, but it might be because Zelda games are racist (Link and Zelda are white while Ganondorf, the villain has dark skin).

As for Pokemon, normal parents probably don't allow it due to animal abuse.
Animal abuse ???

Link said:
superjeff64 said:
Reversinator said:
What parents ban Zelda and Pokemon but not Call of Duty and Halo?

As for Pokemon, normal parents probably don't allow it due to animal abuse.
Animal abuse ???

Animals are captured and forced to fight other animals, and bad guys use them as weapons or make easy money (Team Rocket). That's just my guess/theory.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
I didn't say that it has to be banned, I said it's one of the only reasons to ban a game.
I don't see why certain people aren't allowed to play games.

there's silly reasons to not allow to play people pokemon like animal abuse (pokémon would never promote animal abuse in any way in real life only fools who think real life animals are like pokemon would do that) and the devil (which is stupid considering the 666th pokémon is not going to be a fire type or a dark type or look like a devil).

and my 10 year old little sis has played mortal kombat and nobody protested.

she wanted to play the game.

We're talking about 2 different things.
I say, the PEGI/ESRB/etc. system is the only valid reason to disallow a game from being played.
I mean, who cares about the fact you and your sister played an Adult game, I never said that this must be disallowed.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
We're talking about 2 different things.
I say, the PEGI/ESRB/etc. system is the only valid reason to disallow a game from being played.
I mean, who cares about the fact you and your sister played an Adult game, I never said that this must be disallowed.

The problem is that exposure to violence at an early age prompts kids to be violent when they are younger.

See, I restrict myself from playing M-rated games. I absolutely cannot stand them. I am a very sensitive person, and exposure to frightening scenes really leaves an impression in my mind.

And Doom? Well, the graphics are so bad, it doesn't look very violent. Besides, I played it at God mode.

I came upon these strange articles the other day:

http://www.dragonflycave.com/animalcruelty.aspx
http://www.dragonflycave.com/aapwhy.aspx
http://www.dragonflycave.com/aapchildish.aspx
http://www.dragonflycave.com/religion.aspx

Apparently some people believe Houndoom the awesome little Ceberus is a DEMON! My parents let play any game other then A rated ones.

Some idiots believe that if you play the PokéRap backwards, they'll hear "I love you Satan":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cGEwFIsk0g

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Some idiots believe that if you play the PokéRap backwards, they'll hear "I love you Satan":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cGEwFIsk0g
I hear hom big n.

LOL, wut?

Mama Yami said:

It's just dumb to avoid your child from playing a specific game, based on something that's not even wrong.
Even though I'm no parent (although I'm legally allowed to become a mother any time I want), I'll attend into studies for being a Game Developer in 2 years, so I will never ban any game.
Maybe it's also because I'm a gamer myself, but it's still strange if a Game Developer will ban her own game, because there's nothing wrong with it.

Being a gamer is a lifestyle, so you can't censor it (unless you're 12 and you want to play a game rated 18, for example).
Parents are weird sometimes.

I'm exactly telling things I won't do, because these reasons are just to stupid.
I mean, if Emma will start playing games in 6 years, I won't ban any game, because it's her life style.
And when this happens, I'll be working for a Game Development Studio, and do I have to ban a game I have to make? I don't think so.

Parents think they know everything. Sometimes they are so over-protective of children.

Microwave radiation? Yeah, parents think that will give you cancer. The problem is, that visible light has a better chance to give you cancer because its waves are so much stronger.

Yeah. Weird things grown-ups come up with these days.

PokemonMaster said:
Mama Yami said:

What the...

I never had any restrictions... But i haven't played M rated games...
A lot...

BaseballYoshi24 said:
I can't play M rated games (or A games)
Probably because your parents think you'll start going around shooting people.

Not all M rated games are real-life, you know. Doom was more fantastical than realistic.

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
Not all M rated games are real-life, you know. Doom was more fantastical than realistic.
I know that. But this guy on TV said he practised shooting people in video games...

Back