Make your own Mario Party Board! :D

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
Self-explanatory topic. Just create a Mario Party Board and provide information about what happening spaces do, any kind of gimmick, how you get the star, any other spaces on the board, etc. But please DO NOT GO OVERBOARD WITH THE DETAILS, such as explaining how many of each space there is or where each space is located.

Anyway, here's mine; its similar to the Eternal Star Board from the original Mario Party, but with a few differences. Instead of Koopa Kid/Baby Bowser, Bowser Jr. and the koopalings will provide the stars. Stars only cost 10 coins, but to get the star, you must answer a trivia question. The type of questions the koopaling may ask are;

Ludwig: Music in the Mario series.
Lemmy: Previous Mario Parties
Roy: Generic enemies in the Mario series.
Iggy: The machines/technology used in Mario games.
Wendy: The characters' clothes or accessories.
Morton: Marioverse food.
Larry: The Marioverse in general.
Bowser Jr.: The 3D games.

Bowser is also on the board and if you meet him, he asks you a question that's more difficult than the koopalings' questions, but if you manage to answer correctly, Bowser triples your stars, answer incorrectly and Bowser takes away all of your stars. Happening Spaces will cause the koopalings to switch positions or the players to switch spaces. Once a koopaling's star has been taken away, they'll leave and won't come back until all 8 koopalings lose their stars.

The Comet Observatory. It's kinda like Future Land from Mario Party 5, except you use Launch Stars to travel to other galaxies

Baby Luigi Lacertae said:
The Comet Observatory. It's kinda like Future Land from Mario Party 5, except you use Launch Stars to travel to other galaxies

That's cool. Are the launch stars free, or do the characters need to pay coins/star bits?

This makes we want to create a Mario Party replica, but my programming skills, and designing skills both suck.

superjeff64 said:

That's cool. Are the launch stars free, or do the characters need to pay coins/star bits?

Free. It's only fair to access the star, just like Future Dream.

superjeff64 said:

Free. It's only fair to access the star, just like Future Dream.
That would be my one!

I haven't played all the Mario Party games but I'm fairly sure Diamond City hasn't been incorporated.

Each time you find a new star, a different Wario Ware character has it (Ashley, Jimmy T, Dr. Crygor, Dribble&Spitz, et cetera.)

Instead of buying it for 20 coins, they give you a Micogame Minigame challenge. Or make the price a lot less.

Basically in a Microgame Minigame, you have to deal with Wario-Ware '-esque microgames appearing around you (sort of like how they are in Brawl, but not a sidescrolling platformer) until the timer goes out.

And maybe have the costumes like Mario Party 2, so when Wario uses this board, he wears his Wario Ware outfit.

Um...I don't think many of the RPG locations have been used (although I only have one game in the series) so here's mine:
Blubble Lake-A short course around the shore (with only about 10 spaces in all), where a few spaces push you into the bottom of the lake (for 10 coins), where you hop from fish to fish, and some fish eat you and spit you out on the shore. One fish sells you a star. There's even a fish that pushes you into a long, winding tunnel full of Bowser Spaces (from Mario Party DS, are they in other ones? I'm gonna look up mario party on the wiki) that eventually leads you back onshore.

Going with a Mario Kart track, the very random Grumble Volcano. For happening spaces, karts drive by and go around half of the board, if they hit any players, they get an item from the Kart series...in other words, they get either a Golden or a normal Mushroom...or nothing. For an item minigame, you're in a kart with 5 items hidden in item boxes, you can see what they are, but then they shuffle, and to get it, you just drive into it. Stars are still 20 coins, and it would be (if they made one) possibly the middle one of Mario Party [insert number here that isn't 1-8 or has the words DS or Advance] which isn't hard, yet isn't easy. It's a decent idea imo.

Those are all very creative. Anyway, I have another one.

Bob-Omb Battlefield. Very simple board, just climb to the top of the mountain and Koopa The Quick will sell you a star for 20 coins. On the way, Happening Spaces include some Bob-Omb buddies will allow you to use the cannons to move ahead a few extra spaces for 5 coins, regular Bob-Ombs, exploding and destroying your items, and those giant iron balls rolling over you taking away 10 coins.

superjeff64 said:

Bob-Omb Battlefield. Very simple board, just climb to the top of the mountain and Koopa The Quick will sell you a star for 20 coins. On the way, Happening Spaces include some Bob-Omb buddies will allow you to use the cannons to move ahead a few extra spaces for 5 coins, regular Bob-Ombs, exploding and destroying your items, and those giant iron balls rolling over you taking away 10 coins.

Will the price increase like in Pagoda Peak?

superjeff64 said:

Will the price increase like in Pagoda Peak?

Nope, the price will still be 20 coins.

I'm thinking of an event space near the top of the mountain that makes King Bob-omb appear instead of Koopa the Quick. He picks you up and throws you back to the start.

The Bob-omb cannons shouldn't be happening spaces. They should just be something like junctions; you can always access them

A good happening space is the Chain Chomp. You pound on the stake and the Chain Chomp will go after players before this area, reducing their coins. If you don't pound it in time, the Chain Chomp attacks you and you will lose coins.

I'm thinking of an event space near the top of the mountain that makes King Bob-omb appear instead of Koopa the Quick. He picks you up and throws you back to the start.

The Bob-omb cannons shouldn't be happening spaces. They should just be something like junctions; you can always access them

A good happening space is the Chain Chomp. You pound on the stake and the Chain Chomp will go after players before this area, reducing their coins. If you don't pound it in time, the Chain Chomp attacks you and you will lose coins.

Those are some good ideas, I was actually thinking about making the cannons junctions. Although I can't believe I forgot about the Chain Chomp.

Hey, they made the dolphins not happening spaces but a junction-like thing in Goomba's Booty Boardwalk. I don't see why not for that.

A great idea. Rosalina should be the host.

I was thinkin' of Mario Party 9 Super Mario Galaxy heavy influence.

Make a bit of sense, seeing as how Galaxy was on of the biggest video games of 2008.
Also, I dont think this has been in any previous games, how about Toad Town.
You could have the mall from M&L:Bowsers Inside story, and if you land on a happening space, the host comes and asks you to help find that little blue Toad you play hide&seek with-like in the train from MP8.And the star could be in DR.Toadleys clinic, and random shops around town.I know you said not to do this, but there would be 113 spaces.

Snowman's Land from SM64.
Event spaces could include cracks in the ice, where if you land on them twice, you fall into the water and lose coins; another one could be that Ice Bully that looks like Chief Chilly from SM64DS, where if you land on his space, he knocks you either into the water or onto a high spot on the mountain. Then there could be a steep slope that knocks you into the water on certain spaces, the snowman dude & the penguin (snowman tries to blow you away, unless you land behind the penguin, where you have to try and catch coins that fly around), and at the top some snowmen that throw snowballs at you to make you lose coins. You could buy a star for 30 coins from a penguin at the middle of the mountain & slide down to safety, or you could keep on going up to the peak, where stars only cost 10 coins (but it is much more dangerous.) Also, there could be a spot right under the bridge w/the penguin where you can collect coins that blow away, similar to landing behind the penguin. Finally, there could be a space where you get stuck in the snow and end up in an igloo where there are Bowser Spaces but also spaces that give you lots of coins.

I want a Faire-Square-like board; a place where the star is in a fixed spot and it is possible to set traps all around that space easily

PokemonMaster said:
A SPACE stage.

Uhh, we had several space stages in the past

Back